Public charter
Gilbert, AZ
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Gilbert Arts Academy offers a safe, family-oriented environment that focuses on meeting the individual needs of all students, while challenging each to reach their highest potential. Our team of dedicated teachers and staff take pride in providing a quality education and ensuring our students develop healthy habits, attitudes and confidence to yield success in all aspects of life.
February 19, 2014

Posted April 07, 2014
Gilbert Arts Academy is an amazing school! My children love school and love learning. The fact that they want to make their teachers happy and look forward to seeing them, from previous years and this current year tells me that my children are in good hands.

Posted April 04, 2014
The first word that comes to mind about GAA is nurturing. EVERY staff member knows EVERY child's name at GAA. There is such a sense of community and family at this school from the moment we are greeted by a staff member in the morning to when I pick up my smiling happy first grader. She was accepted to enroll at GAA in the middle of her kindergarten year. She was having a terrible time at her previous school. She was not being challenged in her studies nor being cared for in this over populated school. The staff at this previous school could offer no support. We toured several schools before arriving to GAA where our daughter was told she could start the next day. She was greeted with open arms by the staff and children. She is now doing well in most subjects. The one area she was falling behind in she was offered after school tutoring and is quickly getting caught up to speed. The after school programs are fantastic and the support from the staff is outstanding. Everyday I think how fortunate we are to have found such a wonderful school. GAA is everything I've hoped for in education for my daughter and then some.

Posted February 11, 2014
Gilbert Arts Academy is amazing! I really appreciate this school; especially the quality of teachers. My son has excelled in learning as well as socially. I love when I visit the school because I can see how well each child is KNOWN. My son loves going to this school. In fact, we drive him every day from Mesa to Gilbert because he loves it so much. It has a great "no bully" policy. I have never seen rotten behavior when I visit. The atmosphere is fun as well as challenging! Thanks GAA!! Go mustangs!

Posted January 23, 2014
I have had my boys at this school for two years now and was previously a home schooler. I LOVE this school. Their PE teacher Ms. Hay is one of the best I've ever seen, her love and excitement for the children is amazing. Their Kindergarten teacher was awesome, I'm excited for my daughter to be in her class next year! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mrs. Black the third grade teacher. She has a class of 15 boys and 5 girls and they are not only doing well, but excelling! They are doing 4th and 5th grade math!!! I would highly recommend this school. I am unable to home school my children right now due to life circumstances and am so thankful I found this school!

Gilbert Arts Academy 4

Posted August 05, 2013
This will sadly be our last year of school here at GAA. My student is very excited for the school year to begin! We are still trying to figure out a way to have GAA extend to 2 extra years here. We have been coming to GAA since Kindergarten. We have always felt GAA as our second home. Teachers and staff here are great and go the extra mile to care for our students. It will be a bitter sweet year, but know we can always call GAA our second home.

Gilbert Arts Academy 1

Posted August 03, 2013
I wish I could give this school zero or negative stars. This is the worse school I have ever been to. The teachers were not experience or educated at all. I have never known of a school who doesn't want volunteers in their classrooms. I always felt this school was full of fake and evil people and sad to say I was right. Please parents keep your children far away from the place of horrors!!

Gilbert Arts Academy 1

Posted August 03, 2013
Old worn and tired classrooms, in a state if flux and change of leadership, treating teachers with no respect, lack of appreciation for countless unpaid hours, lack of necessary support and guidance, unreal expectations, no art infused curriculum to even call it an Art Academy, corporation and education should never meet, low pay for 16 hr work days. Stay away.

Posted May 28, 2013
I sent my daughter to GAA because I teach at Gilbert High which is just around the corner. She had been in an elementary with about 1000 students so it was a whole new world! The principal really knows every parent and student, and leads her faculty in an exemplary fashion. The P.E. teacher is a gem; dynamic ,funny, and engaging. The music teacher is creative and committed. My child's classroom teacher had excellent management, high expectations, and fun learning activities. My daughter enrolled in orchestra. The after school programs are diverse, and entertaining as well as skill building. My daughter enrolled in soccer, tennis, art, and several more throughout the year. We had an awesome experience and would reccommend this high quality school to any one.

Posted April 24, 2013
GAA is a very good school. They have high expectations for their students, teachers and staff. Their teachers are dedicated. No two classes, or two students are identical. GAA is effective in its approach in that GAA has teachers that understand this and differ instruction to best help each student to be successful. Also, students want to be there.

Posted February 26, 2013
We started our kids at GAA this year. It has been an incredible experience! The Principal, teachers and staff all take their job of educating and mentoring the kids very seriously. Our daughter that has some special needs THRIVED at this school. Communication is outstanding. My kids enjoy going to school everyday and have learned so much. It is with great confidence that I recommend Gilbert Arts Academy to anyone looking for an above average school!

Gilbert Arts Academy
862 E. Elliot Road, Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Gilbert Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gilbert Arts Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top