Gilbert, AZ

Centennial Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2014
Been with this school since the doors opened and while we still like it it has changed a lot. With huge teacher turnover over the years, we basically have a new staff every year at the start. We love the teachers who put the kids first and genuinely enjoy teaching. They are amazing. The administration and the teachers who are in the pocket of administration unfortunately have changed the entire dynamic of this school. They are hostile, caddy, and unfriendly. If administration could go through the change that they have forced on amazing staff (causing them to leave) this school might have the chance to be great again. Scores are wonderful.. but, the school experience should be more than data and scores.

Centennial Elementary School 1

Posted October 02, 2014
The parent involvement at this school is absolutely amazing, it is great to see parents get so involved here! Unfortunately, the administration is very hostile, politics abound in the work environment, staff members tattle on each other, and the principal's treatment of some of the students is inappropriate and harsh. The school has wonderful ratings but the scores are achieved by hard-working teachers and helpful parents, not from leadership of the administration. I hope things change here in the future. At this point I would not consider sending any of my children to this school.

Posted September 30, 2013
Both of my children have attended Centennial Elementary since they started kindergarten, and we love this school! The teachers make learning fun and adapt their teaching to accommodate individual students and their learning needs. All of the teachers my children have had have high expectations for their students and are firm, yet loving in their disciplinary practices. The teachers have great communication with parents and welcome parent involvement. My children LOVE school, LOVE their teachers, and LOVE learning! Great job, Centennial teachers and staff!

Posted September 22, 2013
My daughter has gone here for 2 years and absolutely loves it. The teachers and administration have been available to me any time I reached out. We will happily be attending this school until she goes to jr high.

Centennial Elementary School 2

Posted July 29, 2013
I have seriously mixed feelings about this school. I adored one child's teacher, while my other child's teacher was an outright bully. The administration tends to send mixed signals. Sometimes they are very responsive, while at other times they are totally uninvolved. They bent over backwards for my child who had an IEP, but when my other child still couldn't add 2+3 by spring of their first grade year, it seemed like no amount of emails or expressions of concern from me could get either the teacher, the administration, or the special Ed professionals to get involved. Was it because the child didn't have an IEP? I don't know, I never could get any answers. I've been teaching my child math over the summer to attempt to catch up. We've given this school two fair tries, but won't be sending our kids back. Also, parents, please watch for bullying events here. We had several things happen to our kids, and as stated earlier, one was from a teacher.

Centennial Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2013
Are you kidding me? This school is horrible! The administration is horrible and unsupportive when issues arise and most of the staff is snobby and only interested in one thing, themselves. I've pulled my children and will NEVER attend another Higley school! My children are not where they are supposed to be academically and are struggling to catch up in their current school. I can't say that is all because of Centennial, but I know there are a lot of behavior issues due to the lack of administrative support.

Posted June 26, 2013
I have two kids attending Centennial, one of which is mentally disabled, for 3 years now. My husband and I have been extremely happy with this school each year they have attended and I intend to keep them and their younger sister there for the duration of their elementary school years as long as we keep seeing these results! The special education program is top notch, our son has advanced so much in the last few years, it's mind-blowing. They do encourage and assign more homework and parent-student work than some other schools but it is worth it, once you see how much it helps!

Posted April 30, 2013
My daughter is completing her first year here. I couldn t be more satisfied with our experience. Her teacher will give me all the time I need when I want to talk about my daughter s development.

Centennial Elementary School
3507 South Ranch House Parkway, Gilbert, AZ  85297
Last modified Centennial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top