Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My 3 girls have academically excelled at Centennial! I couldn't be happier with their progress. The school is great and the teachers are always so kind and good to the students. I also really love the school spirit they have, keeps the students engaged and a sense of togetherness.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are the best school in the state via test scores. How can they be faulted.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I like the 212 extra degree motto and appreciate my boys coming home telling me to be the extra degree. :)

Great school. Very happy our kids go here and get the attention. Obviously, it is the best public school in AZ.

I just moved here in June 2015 and have to say I'm pleased so far! My daughter is currently attending kindergarten and has progressed so much from pre-school. I don't know about you but being able read, write and do basic math easily for a 5yr old is pretty impressive to me. She is challenged with homework everyday which I like! Parent involvement is the best I've seen and after reading other reviews I haven't experienced anything bad from the administration. If anything administration have been kind and very helpful. If there is one thing I dislike about Centennial it's the kids per classroom. 24-26 kids in one class is not horrible but I dislike seeing our teachers overwhelmed at times. However, remember AZ public schools are not the best in the nation. I plan on keeping her in Centennial for years to come. And will keep posted every year on her progression. I hope my posting helps...

Amount of homework: Agree

Our children need everyday challenges. A little bit of homework everyday is just right to me.

Develops character: Agree

I make the time for the parent student conferences. It's very important to have that one on one talk on your child's weaknesses and strengths. This is where I can get the integrity I expect from the teacher and principal.

Administration is horrible and mean. Teacher turn over is very high. I've seen some teachers after they left the school and they said they were bullied out by principle and vice principle. They have great scores because they work on test prep for months. Great test scores aren't everything. Avoid at all cost!

Been with this school since the doors opened and while we still like it it has changed a lot. With huge teacher turnover over the years, we basically have a new staff every year at the start. We love the teachers who put the kids first and genuinely enjoy teaching. They are amazing. The administration and the teachers who are in the pocket of administration unfortunately have changed the entire dynamic of this school. They are hostile, caddy, and unfriendly. If administration could go through the change that they have forced on amazing staff (causing them to leave) this school might have the chance to be great again. Scores are wonderful.. but, the school experience should be more than data and scores.

The parent involvement at this school is absolutely amazing, it is great to see parents get so involved here! Unfortunately, the administration is very hostile, politics abound in the work environment, staff members tattle on each other, and the principal's treatment of some of the students is inappropriate and harsh. The school has wonderful ratings but the scores are achieved by hard-working teachers and helpful parents, not from leadership of the administration. I hope things change here in the future. At this point I would not consider sending any of my children to this school.

Last modified Centennial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.