Public charter
Gilbert, AZ
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

People often ask me, "What sets your school apart from the others?" My reply, "We truly care about children!" Sure we differentiate, assess student progress and are data driven. We are a vanguard school in the area. Our teachers are all highly qualified and certified but, it's the climate and culture that permeates the campus that makes Val Vista Academy special. It's an exciting time for us with four new buildings completing our campus. The curriculum is strong and the family support is phenomenal! We enjoy doing things that empower children, they love their school and their teachers. I invite you to come on by and visit us. It would be my pleasure to give you a tour of our campus. Val Vista Academy, "Where Children are the Priority!" Ray Webb Principal
June 18, 2014

Val Vista Academy 1

Posted December 19, 2014
Administration over promises and under delivers! Only interest is enrollment numbers and getting new students. Principal Bully's parents. Curriculum no existent. Does not have art program like website states. Also, no library or playground or even playground equipment for kids to play with. Best thing about this school is families and kids that go there.

Val Vista Academy 2

Posted December 11, 2014
Unfortunately there has been bullying in this school. Also a change in teachers three times in a semester. I had higher expectations.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 02, 2014
This is an EXCELLENT school! It is well rounded with a great approach to education. Our children have thrived in this environment. The teachers and administration are very approachable and down to earth. We highly recommend that anyone interested in the school, go take a tour and see for yourself.

Val Vista Academy 4

Posted May 13, 2014
My kids have gone to VVA for two years now. They are happy here. They have not had problems with bullying at all. The administration strives to make sure the kids not only get a good education, but also have some fun and enjoy coming to school each day. I do wish they incorporated Spanish into the program.

Posted April 01, 2014
This is our first year at Val Vista Academy and we are absolutely THRILLED! Throughout the year we have had the privilege of watching our children grow in confidence and character as they achieve significant progress socially, emotionally, and academically. The exceptional teachers are full of compassion for their students and provide them an outstanding education. We are very impressed by the consistent and open communication within Val Vista. We are truly grateful to be a part of such an extraordinary school community. Keep ROCKIN' VVA!!

Posted February 14, 2014
VVA ROCKS!!! I'm a first time Charter School Parent, and I have to say I love the family oriented atmosphere, kids and families are awesome, is like having an extended family at VVA!!! Teachers and staff know every kid in campus.

Posted January 13, 2014
This school is great! The work is challenging. I read other reviews that said the work was easy but compared to regular public school, VVA's work is way harder. I know , I have sent my kid to other schools in the area. Val Vista Academy was rated one of the best schools in Arizona. The kids do a fall and spring concert. They say the pledge every morning too!

Posted November 21, 2013
This is school is top rated in charter schools with 3 or more campuses. AIMS scores are out of this world! Not sure why someone would say the work is easy, but the kids are learning and are excited to come to school everyday. The principal is very accessible and responsive. I recommend this school if you are looking for a top education for your child and teachers and staff that really care. In a city where there is a school on every corner, you will be hard pressed to find a better school than VVA!

Val Vista Academy 4

Posted November 16, 2013
The atmosphere and families at VVA are phenomenal. Not sure about the administration. The principal seems nice but appears to have his "favorites". Not a good idea. Also would love to see a more advanced curriculum. Children who are already "ahead of the game" should be a delight not a problem but just because they are "ahead of their peers" doesn't mean they should be left to learn on their own. Often the homework is so easy that there is absolutely no sense in sending it home and, if it is a reflection of what is being taught in the classroom then I question the teacher's ability to diversify education for individual children. I believe they could easily address this problem but seem "stuck" on what other charter schools are doing and following the status quo. We stay because of the wonderful families and the loving atmosphere - just wish they would up their game from an academic standpoint.

Posted September 26, 2013
Our school is awesome. We have ranked #1 in Gilbert and #15 in the states for K-8 schools. Our teacher and students and staff work very hard to be successful. We are growing into a strong community and will continue to grow.

Val Vista Academy
4120 S. Val Vista Dr., Gilbert, AZ  85297
Last modified Val Vista Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Val Vista Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top