Public charter
Gilbert, AZ
After care: No

Posted June 02, 2015
I like the school because of its small campus. I can be myself here and not worry about what other kids say. They don't care what color my hair is or what kind of car my mom drives. I used to go to MT View and the kids complained if their parents bought them a new Chevy instead Lexus. All the teachers here care about you and your future. The lunch sucks though. Should allow students to order out for lunch or let us leave for lunch.

Posted April 24, 2015
Love the school. It's a smaller school where my child has thrived!!! The staff is fabulous. It's not just about academics at Desert Hills they care about the whole child and work to meet the needs of parents and students. I'm very happy with the school and would recommend it.

Posted April 24, 2015
I'm so happy that we found Desert Hills. We moved to Arizona in October and could not find a school that would accept my daughter in the middle of the semester. One of the schools suggested Desert Hills because of their block schedule. They welcomed us and accepted my daughter right away. They've made sure that she's on track to graduate on time and even offered her a plan to graduate early if she wanted. Great school & people.

Posted April 23, 2015
I just want to say that I'm so thankful for this school. Earlier this year my son got into a fight and was expelled from his Gilbert school. When we came to Desert Hills the principal told my son that he would have a clean slate if he walks through the doors of Desert Hills, but that he would still be held accountable for the same rules and hopefully he learned from his past mistakes. If this is what people mean when they say that Desert Hills is a 2nd chance school I'm happy it is. My son has taken that 2nd chance and has done well at the school. The teachers really care and contact me if my son has any absences or missed school work. At first he just wanted to go to Desert Hills and earn his credits so he could go back to Gilbert next year, but he now wants to stay at Desert Hills. I don't really know what happened in the past there, but I think it's a very good school now.

Posted April 22, 2015
This is my senior year and I'm graduating. I was planning to go to a different school last year, but the new principal that took over changed Desert Hills so it's so much better than it was. All the stuff that is online is all old stuff and about the old school. There's a new principal, new assistant principal, and almost all new teachers. They all care about students and education. They changed rules and enforce them. It feels great to be able to sit in class and hear the teachers and discuss topics. I only earned 1 college credit this year, but wish I had a chance to earn what the students coming here now can get. I'll miss Desert Hills.

Posted April 09, 2015
I'm in 9th grade and really like Desert Hills. I decided that I wanted to go here because you can start getting college credits in 9th grade. I'll finish this year with 9 college credits already besides my regular high school credits

Posted April 09, 2015
I've been here for three years and the new teachers this year are great teachers! They really care about you and your success. Fridays are used for helping students that need extra help. The new principal made sure all the students followed the rules and some students were mad at that change, but all the students now really like the new school.

Posted October 28, 2014
my school is awesome. theres no school on friday. unless that is you miss a school day on monday through thursday. so overall i think this school is a great school.

Desert Hills High School 3

Posted October 28, 2014
I think this school is great, but there are some people that don't really belong here. I think the teachers need to be a little harsher on students about phones and such. They get away with a lot. Other then that, I think the school is good.

Posted May 29, 2014
Desert hills high school it is a school for second chances were students don't have to worry about their personality or bullying it might seem like that kind of school but it isn't....you will find teachers that they all love....they care about our students and help as much as possible....unless the new principle fires all those teachers that the students get along with....he came to the school got rid of all the students that didn't want to learn and were no point of being there....but expelling students that can't get accepted any where else because they wanted a circle k drink before school....why pay something that's 1.50 but is only half the drink of a 44oz....the principle needs to realize all of us students who actually try to learn and they get searched for no reason because according to the new principle " inside this school im above the law! " his actual words... he needs to realize that isn't right and all of us DHHS students aren't all bad:)

Desert Hills High School
1515 S. Val Vista Dr., Gilbert, AZ  85296
Last modified Desert Hills High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Hills High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top