Public charter
Gilbert, AZ
After care: No

Desert Hills High School 3

Posted October 28, 2014
I think this school is great, but there are some people that don't really belong here. I think the teachers need to be a little harsher on students about phones and such. They get away with a lot. Other then that, I think the school is good.

Desert Hills High School 4

Posted May 29, 2014
Desert hills high school it is a school for second chances were students don't have to worry about their personality or bullying it might seem like that kind of school but it isn't....you will find teachers that they all love....they care about our students and help as much as possible....unless the new principle fires all those teachers that the students get along with....he came to the school got rid of all the students that didn't want to learn and were no point of being there....but expelling students that can't get accepted any where else because they wanted a circle k drink before school....why pay something that's 1.50 but is only half the drink of a 44oz....the principle needs to realize all of us students who actually try to learn and they get searched for no reason because according to the new principle " inside this school im above the law! " his actual words... he needs to realize that isn't right and all of us DHHS students aren't all bad:)

Posted May 20, 2014
Desert Hills is a fantastic school, the staff really cares about your child. They take the time to listen to the students and really help them. Students feel a sense of family while attending. Mr. Madden is retiring, there is a new principal with great ideas and new programs that will take DHHS to new heights!!! As a parent I am excited to see how they improve an already GREAT school.

Posted October 27, 2013
Desert Hills HS is heavily into conversion the Common Core standards. This is most important in the Math curriculum as many changes and challenges are part of the new plans. The new PARC test will require problem solving and analysis techniques that many students have not been exposed to in great detail. The new curriculum will address those issues.

Posted August 01, 2013
Worst school in Arizona. Police are there almost every day. Most of the children are on drugs. If you love your child, do not send them here.

Posted June 20, 2013
As a graduated student from Desert Hills, I loved my school. I started high school off in the Higley school district and was miserable to say the least. I ditched school, failed classes and got mixed in with "the wrong crowd". While at Desert Hills I completely caught up and was able to graduate on time. I wasn't ostracized because of my clothing choices and I didn't feel the need to try to impress my peers. Unfortunately there is a negative stigma attached to going to Desert Hills, resulting from the infamous amount of drug users and arrests occurring at this school. I believe this school is good for teenagers who have already "found themselves". The younger students may fall into the wrong crowd more easily. This is the beat school when trying to catch up on credits. Whether you're child is right for this school boils down to how they have been raised and their attitude about drugs and fighting. The administration does a wonderful job dealing with students issues and treats them like adults rather than children. Every school has its good and bad sides, and while DHHS has some very strong negatives, I believe the positives out-way them, by far.

Desert Hills High School 3

Posted April 19, 2013
My economics class was great. I loved it and learned a lot. It was my favorite class, I looked forward to coming to school only because of this class. I liked how the teacher was so interactive with us and let us have fun with lessons. I learned a lot, like what Republicans and Democrats are and how they view our economic system. I now know what credit is and how it is earned and how it works. Keep doing what you're doing Mr.B, you're one of my favorite teachers.

Posted February 23, 2013
A friend of mine was looking to put her son in Desert Hills but was concerned because of the last two comments on this page. She asked me what was going on. I told her my son is doing great and is very happy with the school and the teachers. As for the principal, I can proudly say my son does not know him because back in my day "going to the principal's office" was a bad thing. However, he speaks highly of his teachers and looks forward to going to school. Although no school is perfect, I think it is important to let people know that Desert Hills is a great school and I am proud to say my child attends.

Posted January 30, 2013
It is time for a changing of the guard at this school . Very bad things are happening here and it is hurting the students at a deep core level....Wake up ladies and gentleman ........ Change is coming for the better ! I pray that the evil within this school be removed and replaced with caring staff..

Posted January 28, 2013
WARNING !! BEWARE !! I cant believe this school is even open. Their overall test scores are so far in the gutter , I dont know how or why the State of Arizona would even consider keeping the doors open. The head of this school could care less about his students. It is a common , well known fact that he has no interest in listening to the children. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE !!!! Send them anywhere , but here....

Desert Hills High School
1515 S. Val Vista Dr., Gilbert, AZ  85296
Last modified Desert Hills High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Hills High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top