Public charter
Gilbert, AZ
After care: No

Posted December 09, 2014
Worst mistake ever to have my kids at this school for the 3 years they were there. ALA is NOT an accelerated school. Teachers are told to give nothing less than a "C". They like to tell you what they know you want to hear. It's all about pleasing the parents-because kids in seats means money in their pockets. Take a look into the administration at these ALA schools. They are not even educators! Never been teachers, most of the so-called "principals". They don't have teaching backgrounds or degrees. They are businessmen and glorified contractors who've gone into the business of building schools to get money from the state, which takes away from public schools. They give out A's and B's because that's what makes parents think their kids are doing well. They say they are a year ahead, but they aren't. My kids were so far behind after having them at ALA.

Posted December 03, 2014
This school is a joke! They tell you what you want to hear and do nothing to follow through! They offer great classes only to later tell you they are not going to have them due to funding. ..where's the money going?

Posted October 26, 2014
My children are now in 8th and 6th grade and have spent the last 4 years with ALA. We couldn't be any happier. My children struggled to stay challenged and focused in public schools. When we approached the public schools regarding their dumbed down curriculum we were basic told that it had to be fair for all and they could not make exceptions for other children. We researched several schools and liked ALA's curriculum. I want my children challenged and they should have to work for their grades. They are finally being challenged and enjoy going to school. They actually get to use their minds and hands to work with real experiences. Thank you ALA!

Posted August 14, 2014
This is an amazing school! It is fun and challenging. My kids are totally engaged and growing. I'm proud to be the parent of a Patriot!

Posted July 03, 2014
My child started attending ALA in kindergarten and is now going into 3rd grade. He loves it. As a family, we've had a great experience with his teachers and the staff. The academics are accelerated and the atmosphere is encouraging and engaging, which are key for our family. I can't praise this school enough.

Posted February 16, 2014
American Leadership Academy is a fantastic school. The curriculum is rigorous (a grade level ahead) and the teachers are loving.

Posted January 27, 2014
If u are considering placing ur children into ALA. Here are some things u should know before u do. My daughter who is 6 was recently diagnosed with Autism this past September. I thought ALA would be a great school for my daughter bit it turns out it's been a nightmare. They are currently getting money for her from the State as an Autisic child, yet they don't have the resources or teachers to make sure she is getting her education. Most of the time she is just being watched by one teacher or another. She has been placed in 3 different schools in the district and all 3 have just shuffled her around like a basketball. rediculous.Having a child with special needs is difficult enough, but to constantly have these teachers moving her a round is a nightmare come true. I am just counting down the days til the end of the yr and praying that the public school will be able to take her next yr. This school is disorganized and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Posted August 22, 2013
Great Environment for my children. Glad they have the opportunity to get a quality education and participate in sports. ALA gives the opportunity for everyone to be involved football, volleyball, cheer, dance team, cross country, basketball, soccer, baseball, track, and softball. Love that they can participate and get a good education.

Posted July 22, 2013
What an incredible school!!! My rating comes from seeing a wide variety of education opportunities. I taught elementary school in a public classroom, volunteered in a free choice school, homeschooled my child for a few years, our child attended a homeschool/public school hybrid campus, and observed other charter schools. I have seen several approaches to learning and we are so pleased with ALA. No school is perfect...but I believe it is possible to find the right fit and placement for you or your family. ALA has become this for us. We enjoy the curriculum...it is solid! I have two children attending ALA and they are receiving quality learning. There are "no holes or gaps" in their learning. The homework always pertains to in-class instruction. The teachers so a great job balancing out the core subjects with enrichment activities as well. We have had incredible teachers at ALA! The administration is wonderful. We correspond frequently with the director and his replies are always returned promptly and professionally. He promotes an "open door" policy and is willing to meet with us whenever we need to. The overall climate at the school is positive, kind, and inviting. Thanks ALA!

Posted June 19, 2013
Queen Creek HS, is great!! We moved to AZ from MT (we are a Military family) and after growing up in UT (no, I'm not LDS) I was terrified that my daughter would be treated like a second class citizen. I was so wrong! These teachers are the BEST! Yes, there are a lot of LDS students but my daughter has never been criticized over her beliefs. Yes, there are LDS teachers, not that they talk about it but doesn't it matter more on how much your child learns? My daughter has struggled in Math until being at ALA, she's doing excellent now! I would highly recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to be taken care of. They are pro-military, which is so great to have understanding staff supporting our families. I'm so glad that we found this school! For anyone fearing your child will be taught the LDS way (whichever way that is), Fear Not! I wouldn't have my daughter go to any other school but ALA!

American Leadership Academy
17019 S Greenfield Rd, Gilbert, AZ  85295
Last modified American Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
American Leadership Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top