Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Gilbert Elementary School 3

Posted December 11, 2015
The principle at this school called me because of my daughters bus behavior. He stated that her behavior on the bus has been going on for a month now. I did not receive warning. The principal his self called and said he suspended my daughter bus privileges for the next two day. Ah no you can't do that at the last minute. I asked him why wasn't I aware of this situation prior to this happening. He told me to blame him as he drop the ball. With that being said he gave her lunch detention instead of taking away her bus privleges. He also stated that my daughter was slapping a boy on the bus which he claimed the boy is innocent and honest while how do you know that? Can you play the take back on the bus to just see how innocent and honest he really is.

Posted February 11, 2015
We absolutely love Gilbert El. This is our second year there and we couldn't be happier. Our son has done very well socially and academically. We enrolled our son in the dual language program that's the reason why we moved to Gilbert El. Education is very important to our family, we are very happy with our decision to move schools.

Posted November 04, 2014
My daughter loved her time at this wonderful school. Great teachers facility and community. All the children ride their bikes to school each day.

Posted August 22, 2013
I agree with most of the reviews on here. This school is in need of Better teaching education. ALP is decent, yet the teacher seems angry she is teaching. My sons 3rd grade teacher was fantastic , however his second grade teacher was awful. Seemed upset that I was divorced as she had gone through one as well I was the evil man. The music program is great . This is a typical public school that focuses on budgets and the path of least resistance. All kids who are more "advanced" have to sit and wait for the other kiddos to catch up . Sorry Gilbert elementary but you really need improvement .

Posted May 22, 2013
Many years ago this was a great school but things have gone down hill the past 4 years! If you have a child who does the right thing by defending those who are being bullied your child will get in trouble by the principle and school social worker. There are some great teachers and some terrible teachers who play favorites. The principal only cares about his agenda and not the children. So glad we are at a new school where my child is loved and is learning. And kiss a decent education goodbye in 6th grade because it is a zoo and the teachers aren't supported!

Posted May 20, 2013
When I sent my oldest child to this school 7 years ago, I couldn't have been happier. The staff was wonderful and there was and still is some amazing teachers at this school. Unfortunately, the principal changed three years ago and the school, in my opinion has gone downhill. I never knew what a difference a principal could make in a school. The lack of discipline and respect is atrocious. Kids have been to the principal several times and stated nothing has ever happened. Things are being swept under the rug in hopes that they will just disappear. The teachers are undermined by the principal which, I feel, is causing a tense environment for teachers and students alike. I am sad to say that this will be my children's last year at this school and I am sad to leave such amazing teachers, but I can't keep my children in a school where bullying is accepted and excuses are being made for the children who are doing the bullying.

Posted May 09, 2013
pros: music teacher, wonderful students cons: math ALP is kinda pathetic, can attract only a handful of kids NCLB act is not applicable here

Posted May 23, 2011
We have 4 children that have attended schools with in the Gilbert Dist. Gilbert Elm. is by far the worst of the schools my kids have attended. Aside from the poor education if your child has any special or emotional needs, Gilbert is not the school for you. The school lack s the ability to appropriately interpret the education & emotional needs of a child and therefore the admin at Gilbert is overly concerned with making sure they cover all their own bases rather doing anything that will positively affect your child or their special needs. This was the conclusion after visiting with 2 different professionals due to an experience with a minor issue involving my son at Gilbert Elem. Both professionals advised removing my children from this school and agreed that we most likely would not have these issues in a better qualified school. On a more positive note, the staff is very friendly and has never been anything but nice to myself and our children. I particularly think Nurse Barb is a wonderful asset to this school. In summarizing, the school has a kind staff however, offers poor education and lack of ability to assess your child s educational and emotional needs.

Posted May 11, 2011
Gilbert Elementary is a wonderful school with solid leadership and some of the most dedicated teachers I have ever known. I have always had my children in private schools until my last one came along. I placed him in a private school where he was miserable, and I was miserable. I met with the principal at Gilbert Elementary after speaking with his previous kindergarten and preschool teachers and placed him at Gilbert L. There is a neighborhood school that he could easily ride his bicycle to, but I find that it pales in comparison to the teachers, leadership and culture that exists at this educational facility. I will miss Peggy Dole who has followed the Fourth Graders on to Fifth Grade this year. As well as Courtney Alonzo, Louise, Nurse Barb, the previous principal Sheila Rogers and our new principal Mr. Ray Mercado. Patty Montgomery, Mrs Barry and any and everyone that has assisted in making my son's transition from child to a young man. Somehow you manage to instill values along with education in these children during such tough times for education. God Bless each and everyone of you.

Posted December 26, 2007
My two daughters go to dual lenguage classes, they have been for two years and I love it! I lived 20 minutes away but it was worth the driving, just moved so I can be closer to the school. The teachers are awesome!

Gilbert Elementary School
175 West Elliott, Gilbert, AZ  85233
Last modified Gilbert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.