Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

If you express a concern, you will get a shoulder shrug and sympathetic smile. If your child is special needs and doesn't DIRECTLY express it INSIDE SCHOOL. It didn't happen.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

This school is a drastic difference from 2 previous school placements. Luckily we have been placed at another school.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

I cannot comment on this as I have not met the principal. He was not in attendance at any of the school events after school.

Develops character: Neutral

The school gym teacher is awesome! I feel like the way he speaks to the students is respective and encouraging.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

There is a high teacher turnover at this school. It is like a lottery and can make or break the school year. There are new teachers that are wonderful and some teachers that need to gain experience.

I would not recommend this school for special needs students. Special needs students are treated differently here than our experience with previous placements. The attitude and approach at this school has been a drastic change. My child has in turn become negative in their overall attitude about school when this was not the case last year. If you have a choice or your child is placed here and you can have them moved before their placement. I highly recommend avoiding going through what we are as we are currently stuck in this situation and watching our child change in a negative manner that we hope will not be permanent.

Amount of homework: Neutral

We do not currently receive any homework for our child. We have received suggestions of home activities.

The principle at this school called me because of my daughters bus behavior. He stated that her behavior on the bus has been going on for a month now. I did not receive warning. The principal his self called and said he suspended my daughter bus privileges for the next two day. Ah no you can't do that at the last minute. I asked him why wasn't I aware of this situation prior to this happening. He told me to blame him as he drop the ball. With that being said he gave her lunch detention instead of taking away her bus privleges. He also stated that my daughter was slapping a boy on the bus which he claimed the boy is innocent and honest while how do you know that? Can you play the take back on the bus to just see how innocent and honest he really is.

We absolutely love Gilbert El. This is our second year there and we couldn't be happier. Our son has done very well socially and academically. We enrolled our son in the dual language program that's the reason why we moved to Gilbert El. Education is very important to our family, we are very happy with our decision to move schools.

My daughter loved her time at this wonderful school. Great teachers facility and community. All the children ride their bikes to school each day.

Last modified Gilbert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.