Greenfield Elementary School

Public | PK-6 & ungraded

Posted August 29, 2014

The school does not pickup my child who has autism and special needs in a timely fashion. The bus drivers are incompetent . No parent should have to worry about their child getting to school safe and in a timely fashion. He also has a poor IEP which I will change.

Posted July 31, 2014

My son came to Greenfield mid school year. He seemed to be excited the first couple days of school. After about three weeks I had noticed that he had become depressed, withdrawn, and not wanting to go to school. One day shortly after that he came home with 98 pages of homework! He said that he hadn't been keeping up so the teacher had kept him in for all but 3 recesses since he started there. He didn't understand her system. He also wasn't allowed to use the restroom and would get called out in class out loud by the teacher. She told other kids that my son wasn't smart in math yet he exceeded the Aims test. She was an unkind person who doesn't seem to like children. The principle didn't seem like he was on my side either. It was a very bad experience and they both blamed my child. Then they promised me a ton of changes but never followed through with any of them. In talking with other parents I realized that this is a common occurrence as is bullying at the school. I will be pulling my child out.

Posted March 25, 2014

I have two children in Greenfield, one in 4th grade, the other in 1st grade. Both of my children love Greenfield Elementary and I feel both are receiving excellent one-on-one time in the classroom. As I'm sure most parents will agree, you won't always see eye-to-eye with every teacher but I can certainly attest to the quality of the teaching and communication my children receive on a daily basis. Mr. Kelly is an outstanding principal, although it is his last year here at Greenfield. His communication and dedication to keep our children safe and in a structured learning environment has never been question by any of the parents I've associate with in the six years of affiliation with Greenfield. I definitely recommend Greenfield to any parent considering this school for your child. It a nutshell, it's an outstanding school with great leadership!

Posted January 7, 2014

My son is in the SPICE program. I absolutely love progam and my son's teacher Ms.G. Im sad this will be this last year at Greenfield he will be moving to middle school next year. My 2 other kids are also go to Greenfield. I also have nothing but good to say about their teachers and how the school is run.

Posted July 30, 2012

Special Needs Parents- My son was referred to this school by the district for its Autism program. Within two days after my son started, he started coming home with restraint marks and bruises. I confronted the teacher about the marks and she claimed that she didn't know what I was talking about, that he'd been doing well. Another week passed and he was coming home again with restraint marks. I called a meeting with the principal. Not only did his teacher confess to having to restrain him several times per day, she said that the school had the right to forcefully restrain him and confirmed that she did not tell me that there were any behavioral problems. The principal admitted that he doesn't really know much about the special education classes or how they work, that he doesn't know how they do what those teachers do because they handle the students much better than he could. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I went to the district and demanded a school transfer. No one responded to 5 different phone calls to the district. I had to wait out the end of the year before they transferred him. This woman was the worst special ed teacher I have ever come across. It is very sad.

Posted December 1, 2009

This school is awesome! We reluctantly moved our daughter to Greenfield from a nearby private school 2 years ago. It was the best decision we ever made. The teachers a very caring and there is plenty of parent involvement. Our daughter now tells us she doesn't want to ever leave to go to Jr. High.

Posted September 21, 2009

Love this school. So many activities where parents can be involved!!

Posted August 11, 2009

This is a great school with a wonderful community of involved parents, involved principal, and dedicated teachers.

Posted July 1, 2008

As a teacher at Greenfield Elementary, I am extremely happy about the dedication of staff members and the involvement of parents. We have a wonderful sense of community and are looking forward to working with our new principal, Mr. Kelly, this year. Mr. Rimer has given the community a wonderful heritage and good foundation for the future. We will miss you Mr. Rimer. Best wishes in your retirement.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 27, 2007

This is a great school with terrific teachers and a principle that really cares

Posted November 9, 2007

My girls Love Greenfield! We are new to Arizona and it has been a good transition! One daughter is in 3rd grade and one in 5th grade. They both like their teacher and class! Mr. Rimer is so nice and good with the kids! We are from the midwest so I was very worried, but I am so relieved! Great PTSO! They school is very good about welcoming parent help, I am use to being very involved.

Posted October 9, 2006

I love Greenfield! My kids and I are so happy to be at this school. The staff is great. The PTSO is very active, and the principal is superb. We would love to see more computers, but understand this is a district level problem. There are many extracurricular activities and parent involvement is great.

Posted January 15, 2006

We love this school. Teachers are great, staff is very helpful!

Posted December 8, 2005

We have been at Greenfield Elementary for 9 years, and I have been extremely pleased with the quality of teachers and the curriculum offered. The honors program is outstanding and thoroughly prepared my daughters for junior high. The principal is a wonderful, caring man, and he is always receptive to parent comments and concerns. I highly recommend Greenfield Elementary to everyone!

Posted December 4, 2005

I have 2 kids in this school (1 in 2nd and the other in preschool) and I have been extremely impressed. Mrs. Smith is a wonderful caring preschool teacher and Mrs. Bellman is so good with the kids! They come home excited about learning and reading every day. Kudos to Greenfield- I'm so glad I moved into the Gilbert school district. It's the best move I've ever made!

Posted November 13, 2005

Greenfield has a wonderful preschool program, reading program and PTSO. With what I have seen so far, I am impressed.

Posted September 3, 2005

The staff at Greenfield is superb. They make newcomers feel very welcome, have an excellent academinc curriculum and offer many extra curricular activities. It is a exptemely safe campus and the school excels in maintaining the safety of the students. It is in an upscale area.

Posted July 16, 2005

Great music program. Parents, teachers and staff are caring. PTSO is well-organized and very supportive of school functions and activities.

Posted March 2, 2005

I am pleased with the school. Parents are very involved.

Posted May 6, 2003

Greenfield is an excellent school. The Multiage program so wonderful. There are many great teachers in all of the grades.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

112 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 8%N/A47%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2550 East Elliot Road