Bad
Good

The large class sizes are not the schools fault. It's the fault of all those who vote to cut school funding, not to mention the money the state owes schools. We think Higley Traditional is great so far. Being a realistic parent, my kids are having a blast at the school and we are seeing weekly improvement in their overall education. As I child of 2 public school teachers I've seen the good, bad and ugly. This is a good school.

LARGE classrooms, some even over 30 kids! i have very little that is nice to say and don't want to dive into it, but this school has a lot of learning to do when it comes to the concept of bullying and exclusion. Especially when it is coming from the teachers and staff!

Since all the reviews i see are very old I fely obligated to help new families movong to the area. When my child first started at hta I was concerned because the teachers and staff name dropped learning techniques like Saxton as if I'm supposed to be impressed by it or something. I'm concerned that it's lazy teaching techniques and while they're in a good area with smart children who do well in test situations naturally, I believe it possibly takes away from the natural love of learning children have. Timed tests and repeating facts isn't learning, solving problems and being able to explain how you solved it is. Furthermore, I believe they are implementing obsolete expectations. For the world we're in reciting facts and spouting times tables is useless, out of the box thinking and proof of concept is what will be useful in the future. I hope as my child continues her education there I'll learn more about it and can change my opinion. Otherwise I'm sure we'll find a better school in the area.

My chilrdren really love this school. They have been here for five years and the changes have been truly amazing! The teachers are dedicated, the curriculum is challenging, and the administration is very willing to help. Parent involvement is encouraged and the PTO appreciates any and all help!

We have only lived here 6 months but every interaction we have had with this school has been top notch! My 5th grader loves his teachers and has the best grades since kindergarten. Even when he needed to be disciplined we were involved right away. This is a great school in my book!

Dedicated Leadership has allowed Higley Elementary to exceed anyones expectations. Higley is offering so many great programs to meet every childs' needs including the gifted programs, technology and extracurricular. We are glad to be here in Higley.

Higley has improved drastically over the past couple of years. The new principal is very dedicated, and the teachers and staff are all kind and hardworking. The student population is diverse, and they all show excellent character. I've had 2 children enrolled there for the past 3 years, and they've never had a problem with bullying. They've also received great educations. Higley's test scores are improving every year, so the "Excelling" label is not out of reach. Having taught at schools in the Kyrene, Chandler, Gilbert, and Scottsdale districts. I can honestly say that HEMS is at least as good if not better than many of those others.

I am a parent of a student in the Gilbert District and when my kids went to this school they got a much better education. I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side...

This school lacks in so many different areas it hard to know where to begin. I find that the teachers tend to yell at students and intimindate instead of teach. The staff are unorganized and uncaring. The classrooms are bland and boring-not a bright learning enviroment. My daughter has been there since kindergarten and I am desparately trying to get her to another school in the Gilbert district. Much better schools!

My children attended Higley Elementary from Kindergarten through the third grade. My daughter who is a bright student did well in each of her classrooms. My son, on the other hand, was tested as gifted in the first grade and all three years he became more and more frustrated and angry with the teachers and the school because he was not challenged. Higley School District has a gifted program (HATS) but does not exercise the program as they lead you to believe. My son is gifted in two of the areas tested and is borderline in the third. The principal said she would personally write his curriculum to satisfy his needs...her word had no follow through. His teacher did not want to teach him and his gifted teacher had very little time for him. I would not recommend this school to anyone with a gifted or excelling child.

Last modified Higley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.