Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I went there for my senior year of high school and i graduated from there. Most people there were friendly. The teachers are really nice. However I always disliked how the front office people were usually pretty snotty. I called them today to request that they transfer my high school transcripts to a college i am about to attend and the lady who picked up sounded like she was too busy to be answering the phone. She sounded like she had a problem with me calling. To that lady i say this; " Don't work too hard because you definitely sound like you don't get paid enough for that $hit"....."but it is part of doing your job so you might as well learn to love it." It's usually always the lady who deals with student records that acts like this but the others will occasionally act the same way. I remember they wouldn't pick up or even return my calls when i was calling over the summer for my high school diploma. Either way don't let that stop you from going here. It's still a great school. Just let them know who their serving and everything will go just fine.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

I was never bullied and i never really saw it but then again there are other reviews that claim otherwise so....

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This school definitely does that....I remember some kid had to wear headphones because he had some rare condition where he learned better while listening to instrumental music on low volume.

Develops character: Neutral

Well the teachers seem to do a good job at that but the front office staff really need to try.

First, there is a Mormon seminary adjacent to the school and students get credit for attending classes there during the school day. I can't even comprehend how this is legal in a PUBLIC school. Since the majority are Mormon don't expect a warm welcome if your child is LGBTQ+ or just different. There was a huge teacher walk-out about 2 years back. That gives a pretty good indication how bad the leadership is. Several teachers don't seem to want to be there and do not help kids that are struggling. I think one of my son's teachers is seriously in danger of a break down. Because of the teacher shortage there are very few electives available because there is no one to teach them. Most seniors only attend for a couple hours and take the early out. If you have a choice, pick a different school district.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

While my daughter may not like all the subjects, all of her teachers are nurturing, explain things well and go out of there way to help.

Develops character: Agree

The teachers are well tenured and the environment is calm. It is like any other school with various cliques but the students seem respectful and there is good security.

After coming from Mesquite Jr high, the first thing my daughter noticed is how much calmer this school is. The other day my daughter said she was thinking how lucky she is to have such great teachers, and that she really is so appreciative of how much they care about her as a person, and take time out to help her when they really don't have to.

My daughter goes to Mesquite Junior High in Gilbert. She has been being bullied and harasses since the beginning of the school year by a group of 3 girls that she rides the bus with and has some classes with. Monday, my daughter came home in tears saying that the does't want to ride the bus or go to that school anymore. We had enough, we went to the Principle, school administrator and Transportation office and field our own complaints because the bus driver & teachers would not do anything about it. The Principle said that he would change the seating arrangement on the bus to separate the bullies and keep them away from my daughter. My wife and I were able to take her to and from school yesterday but we could't today. This morning on the bus the only seating changes were they moved my daughter to the front and separated her and her friends. The 3 bullies are still together. And to make it worse, as soon as everyone was on the bus the driver made an announcement, sarcastically saying that if everyone should thank my daughter for there new seating arrangement. The ringleader of the bullies was bragging on the bus that nothing will happen to her because her parents are good friends with the Principle. My daughter can't handle this stress, she has too much to deal with as it is. She was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and as many other health issues. We are currently saving for a special test that can help us find out what the roots of her illness is.

I'm a parent of a freshman who attends Mesquite High School. I drive my son to school every morning for his zero hour Jazz Band class (Mr. Davenport), even though our district high school is a stone throw away. I would not have it any other way! The new band Director, Davenport, is very dedicated and he's been an inspiring role model for my son, who now has a deep passion and love for music. Mesquite High also offers Aerospace Engineering classes taught by an instructor who works in the field. The teachers are very professional and they put student-learning as their top priority. Expectations are high and my son is being challenged. My son has many new friends who are great kids! I have never heard of bullying being an issue at Mesquite High. My only (huge) concern is the budget cuts being implemented, which will negatively affect the music and performing art programs. Parent involvement is a must if your child wants to be in Marching Band, Drumline, and/or Guard, working as fundraisers to cover expenses that are no longer paid for, as a result of these budget cuts.

Last modified Mesquite High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.