Gilbert, AZ

Posted August 22, 2013
This school is awesome my son has a learning disability and teachers are willing to work with him and Ms V is GREAT teacher!!! She went over and beyond in helping my son understand his school work!!

Mesquite Jr High School 4

Posted May 11, 2013
This is our first year at MJHS and I'm very pleased. My son has done so well, he's getting good grades, participating in sports and band, and loves going here. I especially like that the kids are "transitioned" from 6th grade with a half day field trip where they tour the campus and have lunch. I'm sure it goes a long way towards making them feel comfortable when they start 7th grade there.

Posted April 16, 2013
Mesquite Middle School The teachers are Mesquite Middle School are all competent and caring teachers. Whenever I emailed them with a question they got back to me right away. They have high expectations of students. I really like their PRIDE program. Before coming to this school, my son was really disorganized. The PRIDE program gets middle school kids ready for high school by teaching them much needed organizational skills. His last school gave him a planner and told him to write down his homework, and of course, that never happened. Mesquite Middle School has the students use the school's PRIDE Planner. It has ample space for students to write homework and classwork assignments down. The catch to getting my son to finally write down his homework? The teachers must initial that the student did in fact write down classwork and homework assignment. The students are not allowed to move on to their next class until it's initialed. There is also appropriate consequences associated with leaving the Planner at home. I feel like my son will use a planner or calendar agenda book next year in high school thanks to Mesquite Middle School's program. Submitted by a parent

Posted July 02, 2011
I am a 7th grader at Mesquite Junior High. All of my teachers are great. They all helped me with anything I needed. I felt comfortable with all of them. If something didn't seem right with my grade, it was easy to go up to them and ask about it. They would always explain why I got the grade that I got, or fix a mistake that they made. Not only that, but all the teachers care about the students personal lives as well. They all help me get to where I am with 4.286 grade average!!!

Mesquite Jr High School 2

Posted May 04, 2011
Didn't care for this school. Our son had special needs and we feel like he really got lost in this school. Its also very "ghetto"-a lot of gang and drug issues even in 7th grade. Happy to be out.

Posted December 13, 2010
Great school. I'm currently a 7th grader there. My teachers are great except a few. Love playing sports there and traveling on the bus to play soccer at the other schools. Pretty tough school, but way better and a bigger difference than elementary school.

Mesquite Jr High School 1

Posted August 31, 2010
This school is certainly not the best I have seen. The students have very little homework and do not even have to study at home. The school campus looks nice but the education is bad. The students do not even understand the concept of going home and working on school work. Gilbert Classical Academy is way better. The students there know what they are doing.

Posted May 12, 2010

Posted March 09, 2010
I am currently an 8th grader at MJHS. It is a great school. The teachers are nice(mostly all exept a few). I have a lot of great, good, and close friends there. We always have a fun great time there. Our sports are excellent. We are exellent in mostly every sport. I am a cheerleader there, and its sio much fun. Its sad that this is my last year at MJHS, but this school is really great and fun:):):)

Posted October 28, 2008

Mesquite Jr High School
130 W. Mesquite St., Gilbert, AZ  85233
Last modified Mesquite Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mesquite Jr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top