Glendale, AZ
Before care: Yes

Mountain Shadows Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2014
Mtn Shadows is a wonderful school. The teachers are incredible-innovative & caring.My 2 grandsons have attended for 5 years & love their school.The oldest just graduated 6th, the youngest will be starting 5th.Their teachers have been very involved in helping them to succeed and grow-the more involved you are as a family, the more the teachers will help-it's a team effort.There are several star teachers who go above & beyond with their time & effort.2 areas for improvement.1st, office staff is rude & treats me as an intrusion.I am very involved with my grandsons' education, teachers, friends & school.2nd, the playground monitors seem to just stand in the shade & not monitor;when the boys have a problem with a kid, they are told to "stay away from them"-doesn't help when the kid keeps chasing them knowing the monitor won't be watching.New principal every year- miss the lady from 2 years ago;she was very visible & approachable.PTSA is awesome-thanks for movie night,6th grade celebration was great! Mtn Shadows is a community-love the annual science fair & carnival.Great leadership classes & honors assembly.Amazing teachers-provide many opportunities outside of traditional learning!

Posted May 17, 2014
Mountain Shadows is a great school with a great atmosphere for children. The are very focused on helping the children be their best both academically and in other areas of life. The kids are all so sweet and I've never seen bullying. I have volunteered in the classrooms a lot. My daughter has attended K-2nd grade here and the only reason we're leaving is for the district's Renaissance program. Her teachers have been phenomenal in responding to me and in giving her extra work to challenge her. The office staff doesn't seem friendly at all, but I don't deal with them much. If my daughter's new school doesn't work out, we're coming back to Mtn Shadows. I highly recommend it.

Posted September 08, 2013
I have two daughters who started school at Mountain Shadows in Kindergarten and are now in 6th grade. Every year has been a success! My children's needs are met academically and socially. All teachers and support staff have the best interest for my girls. I feel Mountain Shadows gives many opportunities for my children to succeed and build their self-esteem. They are involved in successful programs such as band, chorus, student council, green team, and still have further opportunities to join other leadership groups each quarter. I know Mountain Shadows is an EXCELLENT school when I hear my girls talk about their day and how outstanding their teachers are. I would recommend other parents take their children to Mountain Shadows Leadership Academy to receive a quality education in a positive and safe atmosphere.

Posted March 02, 2012
We had two children go k thru 6 grade. Now we have grandchildren going to Mountain Shadows. It is a great school with great teachers and leadership and a very involved parent organization. We highly recommend this school. The kids are great.

Mountain Shadows Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2011
The teacher only teach at a fast pace, I needed to pull the child out after one week of getting notices that my child was failing, because he was too slow.

Posted June 09, 2008
I believe the principal and all staff members to be dedicated to the students. I gave my students individual assistance and treated them as if they were my own. I can only speak for myself and my own impression of the staff. No school is perfect and I feel that parents need to ask themselves what they are doing in and out of the classroom to enable their student to become a quality reader and a quality math student. Are you motivated to motivate your child? Are you a partner with your child's teacher. Extend your hand and it will be taken.

Mountain Shadows Elementary School 2

Posted April 25, 2008

Mountain Shadows Elementary School 2

Posted April 25, 2008
The below average rating is not for the teaching, but for the office staff and adminstration. All are adversarial to teachers and parents and have a most unwelcoming atmosphere. It is clear who they like and who they don't like. It lends for a very tense and stressful atmosphere and doesn't provide a positive environment or create a very good first impression. Principal is very political and clearly has it out for teachers who fall out of her favor. Overall, a very unhealthy atmosphere for students, teachers and parents.

Mountain Shadows Elementary School 1

Posted April 21, 2008
Just above average for a public school when compared to nearby charters or privates Mountain Shadows leaves alot to be desired. They need to work on teaching the basics and less on politcal/social ideas. Took almost a full year to catch my kids up after I pulled them for a private school!

Mountain Shadows Elementary School 4

Posted March 18, 2008

Mountain Shadows Elementary School
19602 N. 45th Ave., Glendale, AZ  85308
Last modified Mountain Shadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Shadows Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top