Bad
Good

Love this school, I have stuck to this school for 9 years! Love it so much!

There have been a lot of great changes at this school and I am really happy with the new principal and teachers. My kids loving going to school and that says a lot about the school!

I LOVE this school. My children are excelling in their reading and math and really enjoy going to this school! The teachers really care, the principal is involved and the parent involvement is amazing! Pioneer has so much going on now for the whole family - math nights, books for bingo nights, professional storytellers, an incredible chorus teacher and performances, great girls basketball team....

Pioneer has some great new things happening. The new principal is extremely hands on and dedicated to turning the school into a school where kids succeed and feel like part of a family. Their parent involvement is growing with things like the parent center and family nights. My daughter checks out games and books for free at the parent center and loves coming to the family nights. The principal and teachers are at those nights and she loves seeing them outside of her classroom because they know her by name and that is what is great about being at a smaller school.

Pioneer has some positive points and one is that it is small. Most of the teachers seem to really care about their students and they are friendly. The school has declined over the years, in appearance and problems with drugs. The staff is clueless regarding this issue in upper grades. Kids that require extra help are at a disadvantage at Pioneer. The assistant principal is approachable but the principal hasn't been around...at least it seems that way. I am at the school daily and I never see her saying hello to the students or parents. The school doesn't have a welcoming feel like it did years ago.

I have 3 children that attend Pioneer & have never had a bad year there. I frequently volunteer so I got to know the staff fairly well. The teachers are awesome, they care about the kids and have always quickly addressed any issues I've had. The principal seems to really care about and know her students. So far it has been a great experience for our family.

I think this school has poor everything, my little brother went there and he failed everything. and he had so many things happen to him were kids were not nice to him and the teachers didnt do anything about it. This school should be closed down no one there knows what they are doing!!!!!

My son's first year there was horrible. His teacher had no idea what she was doing. She lacked any type of comapssion unless you did things her way. She allowed children to be bullied and picked on. Let's just say I did a happy dance when she wasn't at the school the next year. (Mean I know, but she was HORRIBLE!) His next teacher was WONDERFUL. I loved her as did my son. That teacher should be nominated for AZ teacher of the year. She is a master at her profession. This year his teacher is good. I'm happy with her and think my son is enjoying heis year. I alos love the band teacher there. I think she does excelent work with the kids. I think there are still some bullying issues that need to be resolved, especially considering the schools history, but I have heard it's a PUSD problem

Because I have 2 children in the school and I like the rules and the teachers and my children are happy. They are both doing very well in school. People in the office are very cordial.

Last modified Pioneer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.