Glendale, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted April 28, 2014
St. Louis the King is an awesome school with FANTASTIC Students!!!I It is a small school where all teachers know every student and their families. Lots of communication and working together!

Posted April 28, 2014
St. Louis the King Catholic School provides a quality education in a caring, gospel-centered environment. The students here strive to be responsible citizens, responsible leaders, critical thinkers, effective communicators and self-directed learners. Our staff is caring and knowledgeable and will do what ever needs done for each individual student. The school is located on 43rd Ave, at Maryland..(1/2 mile between Glendale and Bethany Home). We have one classroom of each grade so we are a small community which allows our staff to get to know families. The problem then arises that we have small turnouts for sports because there are so many after school activities it is hard to choose. We have a band, sign language, drama club, art masterpiece, soccer, football, basketball, softball, baseball, computer lab/club.

Posted January 18, 2014
What can I say? MAJOR improvement with new principal and administrative staff. Was at OLPH school and transferred and I am so glad that I did!

Posted January 10, 2012
I currently have a daughter in the Pre-K program at this school. What a WONDERFUL experience she and I are having with the teachers and office staff! The teachers are outstanding and my husband and I couldn't have chosen a better place. We are so happy with what my daughter is experiencing!! She comes home daily with new information and I am just so pleased with how much my 4 year old is learning! The communication from the teachers is amazing and I am so happy that my daughter loves school!

Posted December 01, 2011
As a parent I have to say im very happy with SLK. My child does need help and has been receiving it and i cant stop being greatful for that. We are part of the commnunity and we love getting involve and helping in any way possible. Everyone opens there door to you and is willing to go an extra step to make you feel welcomed. So far i havent had any problems and i hope to keep it that way. the parents are great and so is the staff.THANK YOU SLK

Posted December 01, 2011
We have been at SLK for 8 years and we have no regrets. all the staff is wonderful and they are very helpful. They children enjoy attending school and they love to be part of all activities. as a parent i'm very pleased with every staff member. Thank you all for all your help your amazine. I like the fact that many families are coming together to help each other and we are a community. (Family).

St. Louis the King School 1

Posted February 17, 2011
They tout how long the teachers have been in eduaction as experience, but what you are ones that can't hide how fed up kids they are. The parents are extremely cliquish. If you are a parent that is truely concerned about your child's education please consider the following: there are no advanced classes and no support or monitoring for learning disabilities. I have both situations in my family. My daughter now goes to advanced classes at her new school and my son now receives help for a learning disability that wasn't recognized until we switched schools despite speaking to teachers at SLK repeatedly about my concerns for him. He was simply written off as a "bad student". They just don't have the support systems necessary. If all you care about is a mediaocre education and learning about God, then go with SLK. As for me, I will teach my kids about God at home and send them to a school with the educational support they need.

Posted May 26, 2010
This is a great school! They have a challenging curriculum, a very well qualified and experienced teaching staff and their principal is very caring. The school is close knit, but in a family sense. Parents are not only invited, but encouraged to get involved, both by staff and by other parents. If a parent is not involved it is likely by their choice rather than the school's. In addition to a strong curriculum, this school also teaches children to be accountable and responsible. I am proud to be an SLK parent.

St. Louis the King School 1

Posted January 30, 2010
I am noticing a large amount of 'good' reviews but see none of the not so 'good' reviews. I do not recommend sending your child to this school. This school is small and very close knit, I feel that if you have enough time and money, your child will be treated very well by the principal and staff. There are parent cliques which are worse than the children cliques. If you do decide to send your children or child to this school, please speak to various parents, not the ones the staff recommends and not the parents you see in or around the office.

Posted December 23, 2009
We have four children at St Louis and have every intention of sending our two year old from Pre-K to 8th Grade here. All of the teachers that have taught our children (we've had a student with every single teacher now) have been very well qualified, and very caring as well. The principal and the office staff are amazing. They will work with you in every way to make sure your child is receiving a good education. They know every single child in that school by first name, and they love each and every one of them. It is a tight-knit community that accepts newcomers with open arms. We have been to two other Catholic schools, but we have found our home here, for both our school and our Parish.

St. Louis the King School
4331 West Maryland Avenue, Glendale, AZ  85301
Last modified St. Louis the King School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Louis the King School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top