Glendale, AZ

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help 5

Posted August 14, 2013
This school has been thru some rough patches, honestly, what school hasn't? The care for the children and their education has always been there. Perhaps some can't see all of the good for their concentration on all of the bad. It is a private, Catholic school. I have been a part of this school and church for over 8 years. I've seen the ups and the downs. It is life and the adjustment to these changes is what makes us a stronger community. It is the adjustment that show our children how to "get along" with others for the rest of their lives. Nothing is ever 100% easy, the children are learning more from parents who bad mouth the church and school than can ever be "fixed" by an 8 hour day at ANY school.

Posted February 25, 2013
The quality of education at this school is unbelievably lacking. Principal leadership is non-existent. There are some good teachers at the school, trying to tough it out, but the environment is too chaotic to be productive in any way. The school communicates very poorly with parents and staff members, to the point that no one really knows what is going on from one moment to the next. The community as a whole is more focused on sports than academics, and the Catholic identity is all hat and no cattle--as the saying goes. The children may be at mass every morning, but they don't even wait to exit the building before negating any good they just did by being in the pew. The priest, himself, is either deliberately kept in the dark, or in a deep state of denial about the situation. A few in the community seem to be trying really hard to improve the condition of the school, but there isn't enough leadership present to support those efforts. There is a spinning revolving door for good people/good students. Parents try to help only to run away in extreme frustration. The ones that stay make excuses like an abused spouse for their abuser and nothing changes.

Posted October 30, 2010
I REALLY wanted OLPH to be an excellent school. Sadly, I had to pull my kids out after the year had already begun. I felt unwelcome in large part by the mostly Hispanic population. When I took my children to another Catholic school I was told my one child was so far behind they would have to repeat a grade! After talking to other parents, they had the same problem!! PLEASE won't the Diocese step in already? Oh on a side note, I did NOT pull them out because of their teachers. I think the new teacher are great!

Posted June 24, 2010
Fr. Mike, Nice post on June 4th, 2009, Old teachers and parents were creating a complot against the school, they were just waiting for an opportunity to talk bad about their own kids school. Actually the Administrative Team created the deceit, allowed staff verbal outbursts in front of students, problems, and would not openly discuss any issues. Which posts did the Parish Liaison write? Why does the school need a New Set of dedicated volunteers? What happened to all of the volunteers that were there? You and the Parish Liaison asked them not to return.

Posted June 12, 2010
If I could give less than one star I would. We stuck with OLPH through thick and thin. Last year when the pastor and interim principal reeked havoc and half of the school population left, we decided to give them the benefit of doubt and stay another year. It was an excellent year with an excellent new principal until the administrative liaison was given too much power and went after the principal and teachers. Very sad as the previous principals made OLPH an excelling school. In 2008-09 they had an enrollment of 400+ students; in 2009-10 after the pastor and administrative liaison took over it was down to 220; and for the 2010-11 school year it will be less than 100. The diocese will not get involved, the level of education is lacking as many students who are leaving for other schools are behind in math and science. The school has

Posted May 17, 2010
There is no continuity of staff- 23 staff turnovers and 3 principals in two years. The deficiencies with the accreditation have not been resolved.

Posted May 04, 2010
I am very frustrated with this school. Now the new principal hired in July has been not asked to return. The enrollment of this school has declined from over 400 to less then 100 students in three years. The education of the students is certainly declining.

Posted May 04, 2010
This year at OLPH was incredible. The new principal and new teachers were a God send. Everything seemed to be going great until spring break. A letter was sent home, that our current principal was not asked back. Since then, there has been so much turmoil and confusion. I thought this year the principal and the teachers had a great respect for the Catholic faith and for the well being or our children but apparently a parents perspective is not taken into consideration. So at this moment, I can't say, that we will be returning back to OLPH which saddens me because I am an alumni and I love the school and my children love the school. I pray that God enlightens the new people in leadership and that he brings a staff as incredible as the teachers and principal that are leaving.

Posted September 23, 2009

Posted August 17, 2009
I had a child go to OLPH since kindergarten,and they did very well under the leadership and guidance of Maureen Degrose, Fr. Fausto and Fr. Paul, however we did not return because of the lack of warmth, communication and commitment to teach the very catholic principles that brought us to that shcool in the 1st place. My child was always greeted with excitement and respect from the principal and the previous pastors, and truly looked forward to the days there. The previous teachers were awesome and unfortunately there are only a handful left that can make a difference but not enough for a lot of great families that left.

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help
7521 North 57th Avenue, Glendale, AZ  85301
Last modified Our Lady Of Perpetual Help is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Perpetual Help Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top