Glendale, AZ
Before care: Yes

Joy Christian School 2

Posted November 05, 2014
My daughter currently attends Joy and we have been so disappointed. We cannot wait until the school year is over to transfer schools. My daughter has been considered a strong-willed child which in Joy term, means BAD. My daughter comes home all the time saying she is "the bad kid", her teacher is mean and that she "is stupid". We have been actively involved in her education here for 2 years, work with her everyday, communicate with teachers, etc however they don't care. If you child isn't a zombie they want nothing to do with them. My daughter was sent to the Principals office (who is HORRIBLE AND RUDE) on her second week of school for talking. The Principal told my daughter if she was ever sent there again, she would be kicked out. When she called me, I requested to speak wit a guidance counselor or neutral third party at the school and the principal said, "We are a Christian School and don't have behavioral problems". My entire family, extended family AND TEACHERS who used to work here KNOW this is truly the most UN- CHRISTIAN school environment you can imagine. Save your thousands of dollars and place your kids somewhere in which they will feel special and encouraged. HORRIBLE

Posted June 17, 2014
I used to go here but then my parents realized how terrible of a school it was. When I moved to a public high school I realized I was way behind the other kids & I nearly failed a class. I am still currently enrolled in honors classes and I was finally able to adjust due to my the strong mindset I had on my future. Yes, joy has a great family like feel to it, & I owe most of my Christianity and friendships to it, but it lacks a good academic curriculum. I am very grateful for everything joy has taught me, it was one of the best experiences in my life, but that's not what people send there kids to school to do. Joy claims to get better every year which maybe it does but if you want to have a future in the real world send them to a place that actually informs them on college experience, & actually offers rigorous courses to prepare them for real life. Joy is ok as a elementary school but sucks as high school so don't even think about sending your kids there. Last I heard the kids at joy aren't so Christian tbh, but that could be for a lot of reasons so I don't blame that on joy. Ultimately joys major downfall is the education because these kids will never survive in the real world.

Posted June 17, 2014
When I left Joy I went to a public school and enrolled in all honors classes and when I walked in we were learning things that From what I learned you can have all A's at Joy then go to a public high school and fail all your classes because from going to Joy and being an honor roll student you think that you are smart and ahead of the game when really you aren't taught anything and are behind on the curriculum in many subjects. As most parents say that they don't want their children to go to a public high school because they are afraid that they will lose their Christianity and be exposed to the ways of the world.By letting your child go to a real high school it will test their faith and let you know if you child is really a Christian because you can't just leave your child in a " Christian Education" for the rest of their life because when they face reality and go to a public high school it may lead to bad decisions. When you child wants to go to college Joy doesn't help because they won't be able to get into their dream college without a guidance counseled to help direct them on the proper path. I don't reccomend it

Posted March 02, 2014
I owe much of my academic, spiritual, and personal development to Joy Christian School. Through my attendance there from PK-12 grade, I have forged relationships that will last a lifetime, built my knowledge to an unfathomable height, and most importantly, I have solidified my relationship with Christ. For those who get their kicks by insulting my school, shame on you. If you truly believe in our Lord and Savior, your disappointing Him through such histrionic and ridiculous actions. The worst part is that a majority of those who are using this site to bash Joy Christian are parents. What an amazing example these adults are setting for their children. Not to mention this a student who is pointing out these flaws. Anyway, for anyone who is deciding where to send their children, I cannot think of any better place than our mission focused, family centered, curriculum based, campus. God Bless you and whatever decision you make, glorify God in all aspects of your decision.

Posted June 02, 2013
I used to attend this school, and then I moved realizing how awful the curriculum truly was. Sure, the campus itself is nice, a family like relationship with the staff and administration, but that's NOT what the real world is going to give to you after you go ahead and try to get a job. Come on, Bible class every day of every week? PE every day? Band? Sports? UH, NO. Everything I learned here was worth nothing to me as I made the switch to another school. I am a Christian, no doubt about it, but the classes really sucked for me. Maybe they've changed. I don't know, but one things for sure, I would never let my future children to go there. Nor would I ever come back. I thought I had made GREAT friends and I THOUGHT I fit in, but thats NOT what school is for. School is for EDUCATION, and Joy didn't give me a good one.,

Posted February 24, 2013
What a great place and a great community. After witnessing Joy's second State Championship this year I relaize the community that this campus has. It is with great pleasure I recommend Joy Christian School. I am impressed that the main thing is the main thing, from the classroom to the coaches to the choir to the womens Bible study lead by the Girl's Bible teacher. It is the Christian School in the Valley. It is not your typical Christian School it is real, with real families with real problems, but as a community we have come together to pray and be the ACTS 2 to those familes. So proud of who we are and whose we are.

Posted January 16, 2013
First year here and it's been 5 months in.. I have nothing but EXCELLENT things to say. Academics are great, leadership is great, variety of sports are great, kids are welcoming to my daughter (no bullying as others have stated), parents are welcoming (I am a proud room mom & helped with auction), the campus is safe, environment is like a huge family and I feel very welcome on campus at any time. I know the school is changing a bit this Spring, but I am sure it is for the better. I only have heard good plans for the future on a campus build out. The vision for this place is amazing and Walt is a great pastor. I would recommend any family to meet with Kimberly in the front office and take a tour.

Posted December 17, 2012
So glad I pulled my child from this school! Nothing Christian like going on at that school! Parents bully other parents, those parents and staff allow the children to bully each other. It's bad! Don't fall for the smoke and mirrors at this school. Find anywhere else to send your children if you want them to receive a Christian/Faith based education.

Posted June 26, 2012
If u want your kids to attend a school all about sports then i suggest sending them to Joy. But if you're thinking about sending your kids to Joy for the arts example:choir,drama,etc I wouldn't recommend this school. This school focuses mainly and ONLY on sports. Like when sports get incoming money sports keep it. When choir or drama gets money it must go to school and none to the arts for new equipment. Just this year a speaker didn't work and the teacher had to pay for a new one with her own salary. Joy is a good school for sports but thats it academically wise they don't pick the greatest teachers. Every good teacher they fire and they hire teachers who can't spell and/or don't speak english well.

Posted March 31, 2012
I feel extremely blessed that my children can attend Joy Christian School. I believe the academic rigor is excellent and will give my kids everything they need to go as far in life as they could hope or imagine. Even more importantly, the character building that takes place on this campus is unmatchable by most education institutions. The leadership team at Joy is phenominal. They hire the best of the best from teachers, to coaches to the maintanence team and coffee shop staff! You won't find a more dedicated, friendly group of people who all share a common passion, to share the love of Christ and impact His Kingdom for eternity. I see this happen day in and day out at JCS! From the Athletic Director and his wife shuttling 6-8 kids a day to and from sporting events who otherwise wouldn't be able to attend, to the coffee shop ladies encouraging scripture memorization for discounts on soft drinks. I often find myself amazed by the depth of love and encouragement shown to my kids and others. It's a true example of Christs love. As I said in the begining, my family is blessed to be a part of this!

Joy Christian School