PK-10|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 18, 2016
The academics are a joke. To much turnaround to get any good data. When you have non-educators making decisions you will get a non-academic focus.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 18, 2016
Persistence, grit and determination to not become a follower of Christ who acts like these leaders

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 18, 2016
No respect in the staff leads to no respect in the students. So much potential wasted.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 18, 2016
You cannot teach compassion caring and empathy when it is not noticeable in the staff. So many opportunities to bless others and the staff of the church and school think only of themselves.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 18, 2016
You cannot develop honest integrity or fairness in students when it is not displayed in the staff.

Joy Christian School 1

Posted May 18, 2016
This week this school fired/let go of the last person that focused on the kids and put the kids needs first. This is after his wife passed away 4 months ago and continued to be dedicated to coming to work and making sure his responsibilities were fulfilled. To call this place a Christian School goes against everything I ever have known a Christian atmosphere to be. Joy will continued to not be blessed because of the way they continue to treat people

Joy Christian School 4

Posted January 21, 2015
My child attended middle school and high school at Joy Christian. We were generally happy with the school; however, there seemed to be a huge turnover most years of teachers and staff. At one point, the school made a decision to upgrade their sports programs, and a good Christian friend was let go as a coach to bring in a different coach, who is also a good Christian man and a good coach. I understood what their objective was in doing this, but I cannot say that I agreed with it. The academics are good, and the atmosphere is good. I would like the turnover to be less. All in all, we would send our son here again.

Joy Christian School 2

Posted November 05, 2014
My daughter currently attends Joy and we have been so disappointed. We cannot wait until the school year is over to transfer schools. My daughter has been considered a strong-willed child which in Joy term, means BAD. My daughter comes home all the time saying she is "the bad kid", her teacher is mean and that she "is stupid". We have been actively involved in her education here for 2 years, work with her everyday, communicate with teachers, etc however they don't care. If you child isn't a zombie they want nothing to do with them. My daughter was sent to the Principals office (who is HORRIBLE AND RUDE) on her second week of school for talking. The Principal told my daughter if she was ever sent there again, she would be kicked out. When she called me, I requested to speak wit a guidance counselor or neutral third party at the school and the principal said, "We are a Christian School and don't have behavioral problems". My entire family, extended family AND TEACHERS who used to work here KNOW this is truly the most UN- CHRISTIAN school environment you can imagine. Save your thousands of dollars and place your kids somewhere in which they will feel special and encouraged. HORRIBLE

Joy Christian School 5

Posted August 09, 2014
My children go to Joy school. The children our challenged academically and our able to express their love for Christ! The teachers are happy, the kids are happy, and the parents are happy! Mr. Brown is a perfect fit for Joy and has made some great changes.

Joy Christian School 1

Posted June 17, 2014
I used to go here but then my parents realized how terrible of a school it was. When I moved to a public high school I realized I was way behind the other kids & I nearly failed a class. I am still currently enrolled in honors classes and I was finally able to adjust due to my the strong mindset I had on my future. Yes, joy has a great family like feel to it, & I owe most of my Christianity and friendships to it, but it lacks a good academic curriculum. I am very grateful for everything joy has taught me, it was one of the best experiences in my life, but that's not what people send there kids to school to do. Joy claims to get better every year which maybe it does but if you want to have a future in the real world send them to a place that actually informs them on college experience, & actually offers rigorous courses to prepare them for real life. Joy is ok as a elementary school but sucks as high school so don't even think about sending your kids there. Last I heard the kids at joy aren't so Christian tbh, but that could be for a lot of reasons so I don't blame that on joy. Ultimately joys major downfall is the education because these kids will never survive in the real world.

21000 N 75th Ave, Glendale, AZ  85308