PK-8 & Ungraded
Glendale, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,092
Before care: Yes

Posted August 26, 2014
Parental involvement is discouraged. Teachers are impersonal. Other parents are rude, inconsiderate and do not follow school rules. Children are told what they CAN'T do rather than what they CAN. Your student must fall back in line with the rest of the class academically or risk being seen as difficult because you want more for your child. Looking for a great private school. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Posted April 17, 2014
My school is a k-8 that has very good programs, especially extra curriculars. We have an outstanding sports group and also a wonderful program for the arts. As part of the NJHS we recently put in a science sanctuary containing a garden, greenhouse, two koi fish points and four desert tortoises, this will help younger grades to learn about the life cycle and germination. Also, NJHS is collecting bottles and cans to recycle. Lastly, our outstanding student council has been holding a completion to collect pop tabs and pennies for the Ronald mc Donald charity house. Finally, we have recieved an A+ rating three years in a row.

Stetson Hills Elementary School 3

Posted February 20, 2014
We moved from 2 great schools in Colorado, so I've had the opportunity to judge this school against the other 2 that my kids to. I have really liked that the kids aren't overloaded with homework. Also, when I've contacted teachers, they have immediately responded nicely. The music teacher is a joke! Seriously, my 2 kids have said that she never does any actual singing or anything musical- they just learn notes on the staff and listen to her talk. She sends the kids to the corner or the principal's office if they talk. The other 2 elementary schools we went to did some sort of musical show- they don't do that here. I was so bummed. One big thing I have noticed is that the adults treat kids like they are already 'misbehaving' and are a bit harsh compared to our other schools where the adults treated the kids more like equals. My son has talked about a teacher who yells at the kids all day but is really nice when another adult comes in. This year he's mentioned that the teacher says "This is easy to understand, why can't you guys get it?" I've noticed a more authoritarian style of teaching. Gosh, maybe we'll move back to Colorado where there really are some amazing schools!!!

Stetson Hills Elementary School 2

Posted December 09, 2013
This school is great for Elementary school kids however the middle school {7th & 8TH} has been in need of an overhall for a few years. The Administration does little to fix areas of weakness and the teacher quality is very poor. Class sizes are 30+/1 in many classes. The students are behind and not learning as they should. Used to be an A+ school a few years ago but the change of Administration has brought it down to an A school. The PTSA is exceptional.

Posted July 28, 2011
This not the place for IEP or special needs kids! My children have been overlooked and ignored! The administration is cold, and the teachers are unsupported and burnt out!

Posted June 28, 2011
We have been at this school since 2004-05 school year. I have two kids at this school and have been very happy with what I have experienced, as are my children. Stetson has very dedicated, caring teachers. The teachers and staff always strive to be better than the year before. It has been an excelling school for 5 years in a row and also has an A+ rating. I realize that every once in a great while a particular parent or family is not happy with how things are going in their particular situation. But, that is not the norm at Stetson Hills. Having been at Stetson for seven years, I can tell you that the vast majority of families feel the same as we do. In addition to the great teachers and academic sucesses, Stetson has great community support. Our family has made lifelong friends and can rely on the other parents to help keep your kids safe. We love our community and all those that help make Stetson Hills the great school it is. We are proud to be Stetson Stallions!!!!!

Posted May 22, 2011
We are now looking for a new school, because this school does not communicate with you! In 5 years we have had 3 outstanding teachers and 2 horrid teachers. I feel a huge disconnect between teachers and administration! If your child has the smallest need they almost refuse to meet it!

Posted April 27, 2011
I highly recommend Stetson Hills School. This is the 7th year I have had children at the school. The principal is an outstanding leader with high standards and a clear vision for her staff and students. Teachers and staff are dedicated and strive to provide the best education for the students. The parent and business community provide strong support to the school. In addition to the students performing well academically, the 7th & 8th grade sports programs also continually finish at the top. My children are also fortunate enough to be a part of the Band Program which consistently is rated Superior and Superior with Distinction. The variety of sports and clubs available will allow any child to become a well-rounded individual while being taught by some of the best teachers. Stetson Hills Schools is an A+ School, has an Excelling rating, and received the District's Superintendent Award as a school and for parent involvement.

Posted April 17, 2011
I have two children finishing their first year at Stetson Hills. They are in first and second grades. I am very happy with their teachers. Ms. Harder and Mrs. Lepick. They have been very well rounded teachers. Each has high expectations for behavior and scholastics yet my kids do not feel stressed out, a good balance. We did have an incident with bullying from another student that I felt was address immediately and properly. it is a very full campus and students are expected to know where they are supposed to be and to act appropriately. For the most part they do. The students here at Stetson Hills have exceeded my expectations as does the principal, teachers and the parents. I am looking forward to another year at Stetson Hills.

Stetson Hills Elementary School 2

Posted April 07, 2011
I was so excited about enrolling our daughter at this school because my niece had attended a few years back and had a great experience. This was not the case for us. Though I truly believe her teacher is dedicated to her, there have been so many issues with communication and policy that we are now trying to find other alternatives for her next year. In the beginning of the year our daughter was lost on campus for over 45 minutes. In November a little boy made a serious threat to our daughter that required the office to pull her and the boy from PE class to discuss....yet they didn't inform us nor her teacher. There was another issue between her and the same boy that we weren't notified of (again neither was her teacher)...we only found out when his parent approached us on a field trip to find out if we were going to be at a meeting that we knew nothing about. Disputes are common in school, but not being in the loop when things are going on is not something we, as parents, can tolerate. I think this school has great intentions, but there is a disconnect in communication that really needs to be addressed.

Stetson Hills Elementary School
25475 N. Stetson Hills Loop, Glendale, AZ  85310
Last modified Stetson Hills Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stetson Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top