Bad
Good

Stetson Hills is awesome! This is our first year at this school and the staff and teachers are amazing. They have a ton of programs for the kids and they are always available to help students. One word to describe Stetson is committed!

We love this school! The teachers are committed and passionate about our children's development. They foster an environment where children are able to work towards clearly defined goals. The expectations for behavioral and scholastics are high without making the children feel overwhelmed or stressed. The school actively encourages parent involvement through the PTSA (event planning), classroom assistance, or administration office. We've been very impressed with how well they communicate with parents by calling, emailing, and texting important messages, maintaining the website updated, and having the information readily available on their APP. The school offers many different special interest programs/clubs to keep them involved. We feel very fortunate to be a part of this school!

Parental involvement is discouraged. Teachers are impersonal. Other parents are rude, inconsiderate and do not follow school rules. Children are told what they CAN'T do rather than what they CAN. Your student must fall back in line with the rest of the class academically or risk being seen as difficult because you want more for your child. Looking for a great private school. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

My school is a k-8 that has very good programs, especially extra curriculars. We have an outstanding sports group and also a wonderful program for the arts. As part of the NJHS we recently put in a science sanctuary containing a garden, greenhouse, two koi fish points and four desert tortoises, this will help younger grades to learn about the life cycle and germination. Also, NJHS is collecting bottles and cans to recycle. Lastly, our outstanding student council has been holding a completion to collect pop tabs and pennies for the Ronald mc Donald charity house. Finally, we have recieved an A+ rating three years in a row.

We moved from 2 great schools in Colorado, so I've had the opportunity to judge this school against the other 2 that my kids to. I have really liked that the kids aren't overloaded with homework. Also, when I've contacted teachers, they have immediately responded nicely. The music teacher is a joke! Seriously, my 2 kids have said that she never does any actual singing or anything musical- they just learn notes on the staff and listen to her talk. She sends the kids to the corner or the principal's office if they talk. The other 2 elementary schools we went to did some sort of musical show- they don't do that here. I was so bummed. One big thing I have noticed is that the adults treat kids like they are already 'misbehaving' and are a bit harsh compared to our other schools where the adults treated the kids more like equals. My son has talked about a teacher who yells at the kids all day but is really nice when another adult comes in. This year he's mentioned that the teacher says "This is easy to understand, why can't you guys get it?" I've noticed a more authoritarian style of teaching. Gosh, maybe we'll move back to Colorado where there really are some amazing schools!!!

This school is great for Elementary school kids however the middle school {7th & 8TH} has been in need of an overhall for a few years. The Administration does little to fix areas of weakness and the teacher quality is very poor. Class sizes are 30+/1 in many classes. The students are behind and not learning as they should. Used to be an A+ school a few years ago but the change of Administration has brought it down to an A school. The PTSA is exceptional.

This not the place for IEP or special needs kids! My children have been overlooked and ignored! The administration is cold, and the teachers are unsupported and burnt out!

We have been at this school since 2004-05 school year. I have two kids at this school and have been very happy with what I have experienced, as are my children. Stetson has very dedicated, caring teachers. The teachers and staff always strive to be better than the year before. It has been an excelling school for 5 years in a row and also has an A+ rating. I realize that every once in a great while a particular parent or family is not happy with how things are going in their particular situation. But, that is not the norm at Stetson Hills. Having been at Stetson for seven years, I can tell you that the vast majority of families feel the same as we do. In addition to the great teachers and academic sucesses, Stetson has great community support. Our family has made lifelong friends and can rely on the other parents to help keep your kids safe. We love our community and all those that help make Stetson Hills the great school it is. We are proud to be Stetson Stallions!!!!!

We are now looking for a new school, because this school does not communicate with you! In 5 years we have had 3 outstanding teachers and 2 horrid teachers. I feel a huge disconnect between teachers and administration! If your child has the smallest need they almost refuse to meet it!

I highly recommend Stetson Hills School. This is the 7th year I have had children at the school. The principal is an outstanding leader with high standards and a clear vision for her staff and students. Teachers and staff are dedicated and strive to provide the best education for the students. The parent and business community provide strong support to the school. In addition to the students performing well academically, the 7th & 8th grade sports programs also continually finish at the top. My children are also fortunate enough to be a part of the Band Program which consistently is rated Superior and Superior with Distinction. The variety of sports and clubs available will allow any child to become a well-rounded individual while being taught by some of the best teachers. Stetson Hills Schools is an A+ School, has an Excelling rating, and received the District's Superintendent Award as a school and for parent involvement.

Last modified Stetson Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.