K-8 & Ungraded
Glendale, AZ

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 29, 2015
We love all of the teachers at Sierra Verde and feel very blessed to have had them in our lives.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 29, 2015
Some nights there is a lot of homework and other nights there isn't very much. It balances out very nicely with kids in sports and other activities.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
Yes, there are many opportunities for students to succeed. Whether in the advanced classes (gifted classed SAGE) or in their own classrooms.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
Students are encouraged to show respect to themselves, the teachers, and other students on a daily basis

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
The teachers are always willing to come in early or stay late to help students with their work. They have creative ways of teaching kids and allow every child to succeed.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
The school challenges the kids to live by the pillars of character, which allows them to show the positives to students on a daily basis

Posted May 29, 2015
My kids have been at the school since Kindergarten and I cannot tell you how much we love this school! The teachers are amazing ~ they are more than just teachers and love each of the kids! The academics are fantastic and the before school and after school clubs are the best (rubix cube club, minecraft club, math club, garden club, chorus, band, just to name a few).

Posted April 17, 2015
This school is absolutely amazing! The teachers and staff really care about the children and do everything they can to help them succeed. I volunteer at the school 2 mornings a week and what I find so unique and wonderful about SV is that there is always a teacher or a staff member encouraging the students and pointing out when they do a good job. The principle is top notch. My daughter received a hand written note from the principle saying thank you for being responsible and having a Yes! attitude. I have never heard of a principle reaching out to a student for a job well done. My daughters teacher is amazing. She has grown leaps and bounds with her reading and math skills. Yes they teach common core but it is done in a way that makes sense. I am so thankful that my daughter has the privilege of going to a school that cares about each student as a person and not just a test score!

Posted April 03, 2015
We did our homework prior to moving into the area. Sierra Verde impressed us on paper and on the tour we took of the school. We have been at SV for several years and we continue to be impressed with the school, staff and our children's education. We love being involved and welcomed into the school. The school is very challenging for my children and the teachers are willing to help when extra help is needed. Thank you.

Sierra Verde Elementary School 1

Posted August 07, 2014
The new common core is horrible and this school is pushing the new curriculum very hard. This school is very tough and they expect a lot from kids. The principal isn't a problem solver and pushes problems under the rug. The teachers are uncaring and the homework is crazy. Until we go back to the normal way of teaching and get rid of this common core than we are going to continue to fail our children and their education.

7241 West Rose Garden Lane, Glendale, AZ  85308
Last modified Sierra Verde Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Verde Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top