Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We have been at Canyon Pointe for 2 years now and truly love it. The teachers and staff are welcoming and put the children's needs first. We have had such a great time at the variety of family events that welcome families to come and enjoy and even volunteer if they wanted.

My child has been attending canyon pointe since kindergarten and is now in fifth grade. She absolutely loves it there, the teachers are great and care so much for their students. The learning environment is absolutely incredible they make learning fun. They care for their students as one of their own. Its been amazing see my child grow because of the neutering environment of canyon pointe academy. The students, teachers, and staff there love and care for each other and make everyone feel welcomed. My child came in as a quiet shy student, it was hard for her to get out of her shell but the teachers there helped make her feel welcomed with open arms. She loves waking up everyday for school, she never wants to leave, she always gets home telling me about all the great things she did in class today and what she has learned. Everyday is a new story. She loves everyone there. I truly recommend Canyon Pointe Academy for any parent whos looking for a great fun learning and happy environment for their child. You wont regret it. The staff and teachers will not disappoint you. My child will definitely be coming back for next year!

I am an employee at Canyon Pointe Academy and I can honestly say that it is unlike any other school. Its obvious that the teachers and staff care about the students and its amazing to see how we can positively impact them. The students are all extremely engaged both in and out of the classroom. It feels good to be a part of such an amazing school!

My Child is in the Fifth Grade and has been going to Canyon Pointe Academy for several years. I fully recommend this school because of the incredible teachers and staff that go out of their way to make my child feel comfortable. Since his years at Canyon we have only been blessed with caring teachers that communicate and update me on all aspects concerning my child. Overall I am overjoyed with my experience I've had at Canyon Pointe Academy and plan to send my child to their JH and High School in a few years.

It may not be politically correct and to a prospective parent the school's actions may seem harsh, but my husband and I are very grateful that Canyon's administration took the actions they did against the 'scared child' referred to in the July 11th post. Our child was in that class and he was afraid to go to school because of this child. As we lived through, even a 5 year old can cause emotional and even physical stress on other students. Although we want schools to be a place where every child is cared for, when does a school have a responsibility to make sure one child's actions are not harming other children. We believe Canyon did a great job of trying to balance the two responsibilities.

Unfortunately this school has emotionally scared my child in kindergarten. The principal and staff complained about my child's behavior, tried therapy, and behaviors to modify it without consulting the parent. I requested to view these behaviors and was denied. They compared my adhd child as being not normal and showing disturbing behavior. He's 5! What type of childhood education people do this. The principal then put my child and I in front of board members to diagnose my child without any type of medical background and kick him out of kindergarten. My child was kicked out of kindergarten. I said my child was just diagnosed with adhd. They said they didn't have to support our state disability requirements because they have their own set of rules. Please do not put your child in this school unless you want them shamed on a daily basis. Some people should not be molding our children. My child is now thriving at park meadows and I still continue to try to repair the damage Canyon Point caused emotionally to my son and his opinion of school. This has affected him for the rest of his life. Please look at other options. Point schools have no place teaching our children.

My kids have been going to Canyon and now The Prep for 8 years. There have been many changes this year but I can tell you that you are not going to get a better education for your children. The public school system in Arizona is a joke compared to other states. I went to school in New York and the level of the students there and here are night and day. My oldest started out in a public school here and I pulled him out after 2 months. This school is not perfect but, they know my family, they know my kids and they do everything they can to accommodate every students needs. I saw a comment about teachers playing on their cell phones and talking about dating sites. If that happened then you need to go to the school and have that teacher confronted but it's most likely hearsay from a friend of a friend. Also everyone plays on their phones. In fact my sons teacher emails me from her phone when the kids have down time to discuss issues with me again I am pretty sure your kids told you that they are playing but maybe they were working. Anyway not every school is right for every student that's just a fact so if your not happy they find where you will be but I know my kids thrive in the Pointe School system and I wouldn't change that for anything.

I was nervous about all the changes last year, but this year seems to be going great! The new principal is SO friendly and approachable, unlike her predecessor. My child is having a great year, thanks to awesome teachers who care. Very happy.

After 12 years and 3 children either gone through, or still attending, I thinks it's time to start looking elsewhere. How will it affect our kids - even with the stress with starting a new school in the middle of a school year, I feel the changes will be positive. If anyone knows of a good school where the academics are important, but the individual needs of the student is of utmost importance. Thank you

As for the comment below...Did you know that Board Certification does not guarantee a great or even a good teacher? You can teach anyone the skills of a job, but you cannot teach a love for children, a gift for communicating with them and a desire to engage them in every aspect of their learning. Some of the very best teachers my children have ever had do not hold current certification and some of the worst they have ever had do. Don't judge a book by it's cover! The teachers at Canyon LOVE and are dedicated to the students at the highest level. This year has been tough, and I admire those teachers that have loved our children enough to stick it out - board certified or otherwise!

Last modified Canyon Pointe Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.