Public charter
Glendale, AZ
Before care: Yes

Pinnacle Pointe Academy 1

Posted November 13, 2014
I wouldn't even give this school one star. Poor environment, poorly trained staff. Education doesn't seem to be their first priority. Definitely do your homework before considering having your child attend PPA. If your child is special needs, go somewhere else. This charter system doesn't know how to deal with special needs. They only count funds from the state!

Pinnacle Pointe Academy 1

Posted November 09, 2014
High turnover on every level. Harassed because I wanted to be at field day. Once my all A's children were enrolled into Peoria district, I realized how poor the education was at PPA. Think carefully before enrolling.

Posted October 30, 2012
So happy we enrolled our son in this academy. Our son has always struggled with math and we were concerned about his performance in this school because they have an advanced curriculum. Math did not come easy to him at the start of the year, but his teacher gave up her lunch hour in order to give him one on one instruction. Now he loves math and is always eager to come home and share with us all the new things he has learned! I can not believe how much he has improved in such a short time! Every staff member has always been polite and cheerful to me, when I am on campus. My son practically talks about how much he likes his Principal. The teachers are friendly and helpful and I believe they truly care about students. My son always seems to get the help he needs and he is happy and excited about learning! I would highly recommend this school to parents because students get the support they need to be successful with a challenging curriculum. The school provides a safe orderly environment and a private school education without the tuition! I think it s a great place for kids to learn!

Posted July 11, 2012
My child has attended PPA for 4 years now. We came from a private school and I will not lie - the transition was hard for me. It was not hard for my child. It took me a whole year to realize that the most important part of my child's educational experience had been found - my child was exceedingly HAPPY! My child wanted go go to school each day, and wanted to learn - priceless!! My child was able to block up a grade in Language Arts and Math, so remained challenged. I have yet to find another charter school in the NW area that will let the kids work up to grade level on a daily basis. They also offer tutoring on site, for your child if they need a boost. Starting in 4th grade, students have affordable intramural sports opportunities, student government opportunities and character education once a week. I like that the kids wear school uniforms, but you can buy your own instead of going to store X and paying outrageous prices for a set uniform. Don't be fooled into thinking there is no homework. Ample time is given for homework to be completed in class, with the teacher's available to assist. Our family is incredibly happy with our experience at Pinnacle Pointe!

Posted August 31, 2011
I am so pleased with a recent meeting I had with my students teacher and the principal. They walked me through some behaviors my child was exhibiting in class and things I can do at home that can help and things they are doing at school to help. I can already see the difference in my daughter- thank you so much for all of your grat suggestions!!

Pinnacle Pointe Academy 4

Posted August 21, 2011
I am a returning parent who has two children at Pinnacle. While the school has gone through a lot of changes over the past few years, I am happy to say that they have, for the most part, been positive. Obviously there are things that I would do differently if I were running the place, but that would be the same at any school. Overall the staff is pleasant, professional, and knoweldgeable. I really like the principal and this will be her third year at the school, which is great be0cause she has truly gotten to know my children who absolutely adore her! If you are looking for an overall good school with a quality education and teachers who like what they are doing- you have come to the right place.

Posted August 21, 2011
My son is in first grade and is enjoying the new year. He has the new (new to the school at least) first grade teacher. I was a bit nervous at first because there are so many new staff members this year. But we LOVE his teacher! Change is good as long as it is in the right direction. I was nervous about my son being behind in math this year- but his teacher spent the first few weeks reviewing with the class and now they are picking up where they left off last year. They got so far in kindergarten, but I know he forgot a lot over summer-- I was grateful that he was eased back into the swing of things! Keep up the good work Pinnacle- I can't wait to see what the year brings!

Posted August 19, 2011
This is my sons second year at Pinnacle and I couldn't be happier with the teachers. He loves PPA and his new teacher is wonderful. My student is above his grade level and he will begin blocking next week! After the first few weeks of review we are getting into the 'meat' of the year and I am excited for my son and the opportunities that are presenting themselves!

Posted August 11, 2011
My son just started this school a few weeks ago and I can't tell you how relieved I am to find a school where he is not just a number. He has some special educational needs and the school has been amazing in helping him adjust and meet those needs. I have never seen a more organized and safe pick up/drop off routine. I feel very blessed that he is here.

Pinnacle Pointe Academy 3

Posted June 26, 2011
My daughters have attended PPA for the last 5 years. There are so many levels to running a successful school, and many of those layers are not for the students or parents to be made aware of. When you have a school where kids are not held accountable for their manners (or lack thereof) when they used to be, and a Principal who used to teach at the high school, but has NO experience with younger children in a classroom setting running the school, there will be issues. Teachers feel like the safest thing to do is to keep their heads down and stay in their rooms. It used to be a friendly place for parents, as well as the kids. I HATE the "morning mayhem".. kids running on sidewalks and thru the rocks to get to class. It causes my 3rd grader a bit of anxiety everyday. Staff has to watch their backs, as there are members of the staff that 'spy' and it makes for a very difficult working environment. PPA used to be a fantastic school. My daughter is happy there, though I am not. She will continue to attend PPA. It used to have a small school feel, but now, it feels like a public school with uniforms (and the dress code isn't really enforced that often)

Pinnacle Pointe Academy
6753 West Pinnacle Peak Road, Glendale, AZ  85310
Last modified Pinnacle Pointe Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinnacle Pointe Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 98 reviews. Top