Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

If I had reviewed this school a year ago I would have given it five stars. However after all the changes they have made this year this school it is less than 1 star! They have high turn over because the owner treats the teachers horriblely! They got rid of break out / specials, have shoved as many kids as they can into the class rooms, and have taken away all of the other fun things the used to do (art day, science day, field day, etc). We wanted to stay with thes schools through high school but will be pulling our kids next year.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

If you child has any sort of special needs DO NOT go to this school. For example ADHD. They really do not seem to even care to understand disabilities. Your child just becomes a number and then a problem. They will be nice and talk in sweet voices as they make you feel like your child is a problem. Also, do not allow your child to take a banana to school and then pretend it is a gun. He will get sent home for something as simple as this I PROMISE!

Our son has been at PPA for two years and it has been an amazing experience. He comes from a bilingual home so we were a little worried about how he will fit in and learn. Turns out, there was nothing tone worried about. His teachers have been absolutely amazing and have helped him develop a love for learning. I believe that is the first step to being successful. He loves going to school, his teachers, friends and principal. I know a couple of his friends are in a special program due to a learning disability and the staff truly works with the parents to ensure the kids understand the curriculum and are able to advance. I would definitely highly recommend this school to anyone!! You will not be disappointed!

I wouldn't even give this school one star. Poor environment, poorly trained staff. Education doesn't seem to be their first priority. Definitely do your homework before considering having your child attend PPA. If your child is special needs, go somewhere else. This charter system doesn't know how to deal with special needs. They only count funds from the state!

High turnover on every level. Harassed because I wanted to be at field day. Once my all A's children were enrolled into Peoria district, I realized how poor the education was at PPA. Think carefully before enrolling.

So happy we enrolled our son in this academy. Our son has always struggled with math and we were concerned about his performance in this school because they have an advanced curriculum. Math did not come easy to him at the start of the year, but his teacher gave up her lunch hour in order to give him one on one instruction. Now he loves math and is always eager to come home and share with us all the new things he has learned! I can not believe how much he has improved in such a short time! Every staff member has always been polite and cheerful to me, when I am on campus. My son practically talks about how much he likes his Principal. The teachers are friendly and helpful and I believe they truly care about students. My son always seems to get the help he needs and he is happy and excited about learning! I would highly recommend this school to parents because students get the support they need to be successful with a challenging curriculum. The school provides a safe orderly environment and a private school education without the tuition! I think it s a great place for kids to learn!

My child has attended PPA for 4 years now. We came from a private school and I will not lie - the transition was hard for me. It was not hard for my child. It took me a whole year to realize that the most important part of my child's educational experience had been found - my child was exceedingly HAPPY! My child wanted go go to school each day, and wanted to learn - priceless!! My child was able to block up a grade in Language Arts and Math, so remained challenged. I have yet to find another charter school in the NW area that will let the kids work up to grade level on a daily basis. They also offer tutoring on site, for your child if they need a boost. Starting in 4th grade, students have affordable intramural sports opportunities, student government opportunities and character education once a week. I like that the kids wear school uniforms, but you can buy your own instead of going to store X and paying outrageous prices for a set uniform. Don't be fooled into thinking there is no homework. Ample time is given for homework to be completed in class, with the teacher's available to assist. Our family is incredibly happy with our experience at Pinnacle Pointe!

I am so pleased with a recent meeting I had with my students teacher and the principal. They walked me through some behaviors my child was exhibiting in class and things I can do at home that can help and things they are doing at school to help. I can already see the difference in my daughter- thank you so much for all of your grat suggestions!!

I am a returning parent who has two children at Pinnacle. While the school has gone through a lot of changes over the past few years, I am happy to say that they have, for the most part, been positive. Obviously there are things that I would do differently if I were running the place, but that would be the same at any school. Overall the staff is pleasant, professional, and knoweldgeable. I really like the principal and this will be her third year at the school, which is great be0cause she has truly gotten to know my children who absolutely adore her! If you are looking for an overall good school with a quality education and teachers who like what they are doing- you have come to the right place.

My son is in first grade and is enjoying the new year. He has the new (new to the school at least) first grade teacher. I was a bit nervous at first because there are so many new staff members this year. But we LOVE his teacher! Change is good as long as it is in the right direction. I was nervous about my son being behind in math this year- but his teacher spent the first few weeks reviewing with the class and now they are picking up where they left off last year. They got so far in kindergarten, but I know he forgot a lot over summer-- I was grateful that he was eased back into the swing of things! Keep up the good work Pinnacle- I can't wait to see what the year brings!

Last modified Pinnacle Pointe Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.