9-12 & Ungraded
Glendale, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,743

Posted April 28, 2014
My school is a very great school. We are the only school that jumped 9% in our writting scores. Why, because our principal is amazing. He makes programs that are right for you. He will have after school tutoring. Not only that but we have amazing coaches and teachers, Our soccer team is the second best team in state. Why, again because our principal hires the best coaches and teachers. Also, i have never met a person that cares so much for their student. You can tell how much he loves his kids, he will be in campus to hang out with the studenst to socialize. It is rare to find a principal like him. He is the perfect principal anyone can ask for.

Posted April 26, 2014
Copper Canyon is a great school thanks to Mr Potts. A principal involved in every aspect of the school. I have seen him attending Aztec games, and competitions after hours, or on weekends, taking time away from his family to support the students, because he cares. He held meetings one Saturday a month "Coffee with Potts", to talk to parents, get to know us, ask questions or rise our concerns. We respectfully ask the District Superintendent and the Board to reconsider their decision and renew Mr. Potts' contract. The students need him. AZTECS ASPIRE, AZTECS ACHIEVE.

Posted April 26, 2014
My school is and excellent school since Mr.potts is there. We need him at copper we are his family his only kids. Without potts copper will be nothing. We need him there. He bleeds copper!

Posted April 26, 2014
This school is by the best the one where I would like to graduate. Mr. Potts shaking my hand as I go down the way to get my diploma would be just great. Not renewing his contract wouldn't make this possible.

Posted April 25, 2014
Im excited to finish this school year all for mr. Potts he motivates me to stay in school.

Posted April 25, 2014
As I first attended this school was In 2007 that yeas wasn't forgetful or none was it the best time of my high school years, a lot of fights and no one cared for that school at all.. as I was approaching my senior year Mr. Potts became the principal that school felt like a home and somewhere safe to be at, he cared for his students he made us feel like we can succeed and graduate. I attended games and etc events that went on at the school I always seen him through and supported the after school activities. He made copper canyon a better place I could proudly say that my senior was the best. because he bought to the school so much pride and spirit no one was scared to go to school. because he made it feel like home and no one else did.

Posted April 25, 2014
The school is one of the best best in the west side it has gone from a really bad school in the west side to the best no fights no gangs no drugs nothing but casual school days.

Posted April 25, 2014
Copper Canyon is one of a kind School, and that is all because of our beloved principal Mr.Potts determination to make our school the best it can be. He Motivates us all to do better, he believes in us. And unlike all other principals, Mr.Potts works hard to keep students in school and not giving up on us and just kicking us out of school. I couldn't have asked for a better principal to run our school, he is like a second dad to all of us who attend Copper Canyon and we won't let him go, not now, not never. I really hope the district reconsiders, they're making a huge mistake. Aztecs aspire, Aztecs achieve !

Posted April 25, 2014
I am so proud to be a copper canyon student and to have been taught to be a true aztec; courteous, commited, helpful and safe. It has made me more confident and hopeful for moving on in life like getting on the right track for college starting with good grades and a positive attitude. Moreover, I appreciate my teachers and all their hard work they have put in for me and my future but most of all I want to thank Mr. Potts. He has done everything with love and passion and even someone blind can realize this just by feeling his presence. He puts out something special to all copper canyon students that motivates us all for hope and achievement. He has always taught us to be courteous by being generous to others; commited by doing our school work and aspiring for those A's; helpful by helping others on campus, doing food drives and donations for poor people in Az in need and finally; safe by staying in school and joining extra curricular activities to distract us from the temptations. Im glad to say that my high school, where we learn to be a true aztec, is Copper Canyon High School with our dearest principal, Mr. Potts.

Posted April 25, 2014
My school has been great thanks to Mr. Potts. I as a student feel more safe due to Mr. Potts. It is great that he actually care about how we perform in each classes! He has turned us into courteous, committed, helpful, and safe students!

Copper Canyon High School
9126 West Camelback Rd, Glendale, AZ  85305
Last modified Copper Canyon High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copper Canyon High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 93 reviews. Top