Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Raymond S. Kellis
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 20, 2016
Thank you Ms. Lyddon who still reminds me to type efficiently and be honest with my opinions. You're probably one of the scariest, yet effective teachers that has touched my heart. I will never forget you.

Posted July 20, 2016
Kellis was a great school for me when I was able to go there, which was from freshman to the first couple of weeks of junior year. Fantastic school, my friends were all there, the teachers were alright. Then when I tried to come back for the last few moments of my senior year where I wanted to be in a place where I was comfortable, that's where all the chaos happened. The administration there is terrible and you're better off dealing with other people when it comes to transferring schools or anything from that front office area. They're unorganized, never return phone calls, and don't really care about anyone other than themselves. They say they're positive and will always try to help out their community, but really? Are they when they ignore you and don't pick up their phones? We finally got a hold of someone to transfer schools (unfortunately we needed to be on a variance, but that was fine with us), the lady told us we were able to, but then the next day told us we couldn't because our situation was 'too complicated.' Thanks, Kellis. I was trying to get back to this school because I believed it was wonderful, but after this encounter, never mind. I take it all back, this ruined it for me. Especially after the principal himself (Mr. Wooten) was trying to encourage me not to come to his school, he was basically asking me questions like, "why would it be easier to come here than go to the school near you? Why do you have to come here?" WELL, I wanted to go there because I thought it was an awesome school and I wanted to see my teachers, classmates, and be on the campus that I believed was perfect for me for my final year. But I guess not, Mr. Wooten. After my experience with the front office and how they treated my mom and I and what they put me through - I recommend not even going here. They don't care about your child's needs and from what I've been hearing, don't care if your child is being bullied or anything. The only thing good about this school that's left are the inspiring teachers (I don't even know if they're still teaching there) and the nurse's office - they actually are really nice. Thanks for the mental stress you put me through, even if my senior year still went fine, it would have been better if I went here. But did I go here in the end? No. Thanks, Raymond S. Kellis.

Posted February 24, 2015
This school promotes bullying from students and teachers. They are amazingly horrible and preparing kids for the future. They live in a bubble of fantasy.

Posted August 25, 2014
I am a sophmore at raymond s kellis high school and yes there are teachers that you won't like but every school has teachers like that so you can't use that as an exuse. Cougar Pride is it in you? Absolutly!!! own it!!

Raymond S. Kellis 2

Posted January 25, 2014
I was an honors student at Raymond S. Kellis and my English teacher caused me so much mental stress that I had to change schools, more than half of her class ended up failing because she didn't know how to grade papers.My family has gone through so much for the teacher's lack of support, my Biology teacher would always show up for first hour late, you're better off going somewhere else.

Raymond S. Kellis 4

Posted June 14, 2013
Does anyone know if Raymond Kellis High School has a ROTC program and do they have any astronomy or aero space clubs?

Posted April 30, 2013
I am currently a senior attending Kellis for the fourth year. The student body displays exceptional "Cougar Pride" and demonstrates it well through pep rallies and games. The best part of the school is the teachers, of course. They all treat you like family if you treat them with the respect they deserve. The administration have been great help since day one. The counselors are awesome at what they do and try to provide the best for their students. If I were a parent, I would have my kids attend this high school.

Posted March 11, 2013
My daughter is a freshman at this high school. I have become very disappointed and mistrusting with administration when it comes to bullying and harassment of a student. They say they are proud to be bully free, however when it is reported to them, the harassed student deals with retaliation from the students who victimized them. And they wonder why my child hesitates to say anything anymore. The school has since focused the problem in my child and blames her and myself as a parent. Way to go Kellis!

Posted October 29, 2012
If you have the chance to send your kids anywhere else you should - this school is a mess

Posted August 04, 2012
Raymond S. Kellis H.S. has an exceptional reputation in the community for quality education, and I cant attest to this, as my son has attended since his sohpomore year. He states he would not want to go anywhere else to finish out his H.S. education. And even though we are planning to move, we have chosen to put it off until he has "walked across the stage."

Raymond S. Kellis
8990 West Orangewood, Glendale, AZ  85305
Last modified Raymond S. Kellis is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.