Glendale, AZ

Sunset Vista 5

Posted July 17, 2013
I was very pleased with Sunset Vista Elementary School. In my personal experience, the teachers were great, the principal was nice, and my kids were happy to be here. The school still looks new, they have great technology, and my kids had great experiences. Overall, I'm very happy with Sunset Vista. It is one of the best schools in the district.

Sunset Vista 2

Posted June 22, 2013
I'm a former student of Sunset Vista Elementary, and My personal experience in that school was not great. I was 8th grade class of 2010-11. The year before was so bad. I'm not going to get into detail let's, just say it was so bad they had to separate the boys and girls from lunch, and recess. They lack in their education, specially since they have numerous behavior issues. It makes it difficult for students who actually want to learn. The teachers are excellent though. If your child wants to learn they'll offer help with after school tutoring and such. When I was their they offered programs for 7th and 8th grade to help them exceed on their AIMS. One thing for sure is, that school is trying hard to improve.

Posted June 05, 2013
WORST SCHOOL IN THE GLENDALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT! DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE! NO CHILD NEEDS TO SUFFER THIS ADMINISTRATION!

Posted April 30, 2013
Sunset Vista Elementary is one of the worst schools especially when it comes to positive versus negative comments and teachers. They concentrate so much on the behavior that the teaching is second rate. They do not treat each student fairly and this is seen daily especially since Dr. Richardson is now at the school. DO NOT EVEN SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!!

Sunset Vista 3

Posted October 08, 2012
Im am happy with the improvement this school is making, but no way this school is 58% white i hear spanish more than english being spoke! And all paper work and banners/posters are in spanish and english! Ugh!

Posted April 15, 2010
It truly amazes me how poorly a school can be run. There should be a round about door for the amount of faculty that comes and goes in this school. Maybe one day the district will see who the real problem is.

Posted January 06, 2010
This is defintely not a school for kids that excel in reading, spelling, math. They will be bored out of their minds even if they are in the top level class. I will be looking for a school that provide a challenge for my 6th grader it was just unfortunate that this is the school they send a bus to our neighbor hood for even though it is not the closest school. The staff here is truly wonderful though and the front office staff is the best~

Sunset Vista 5

Posted July 20, 2009

Sunset Vista 0

Posted July 03, 2009
I was saddened that my child was flip flopped classes during the year. It seemed that no one wanted to help him. Finally, at the end, he ended up with a wonderful teacher for the last part of third grade, Mrs. Amavisca. She was so helpful and really cared about each child's learning. She also sent emails and notes home weekly for my son's progress and things he needed to work on. Plus, she is bilingual and that helped alot with the parents that do not speak much English. I am thankful that my son had one of the top teachers in that school at the end. I only wish she could move up grade by grade until he graduates from the twelfth grade. Thank God for teachers like her.

Sunset Vista 2

Posted May 24, 2009

Sunset Vista
7775 W Orangewood Avenue, Glendale, AZ  85303
Last modified Sunset Vista is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunset Vista Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top