Posted September 15, 2014
So I must be extremely lucky to have had such a great experience at Arrowhead. I actually commute to take my children there and have been doing so since my son was in preschool. Now 6 yrs later he still loves it there. When I researched schools this was the most traditional to my youth as I could find. With a music and art program, science fair, and family events, it has been perfect for our family. I worried that my son was too fidgety, that he would be labeled quickly without knowing him at a school that didn't cater to his learning style. It was the best decision I have ever made. I love the teachers, and staff and they care about my kids.

Posted July 22, 2014
My daughter has been attending this school for the past three years, starting in Kindergarten, and she will be returning this Fall for 3rd grade. We absolutely love this school and absolutely LOVE the new principal, Ms. Hunt. Admittedly, I had some less-than-positive interactions with a staff member in the front office but, fortunately, that individual is no longer there. We had an unfortunate experience with a first grade teacher who, again, is no longer there (again, thankfully.) The principal impressed me tremendously when I brought my issues with the first grade teacher to her attention. She was extremely attentive, compassionate, and took action immediately. This school has become like an extended family to us and I feel very blessed to have my daughter here. We parents have to remember that the outcome of our interactions with staff members is largely dependent upon our approach. They want to help, and they want to see that we care, but they also need to be regarded with the respect and appreciation they deserve - keeping in mind that we are all equally imperfect and have room to learn and grow. Overall, my daughter and I absolutely LOVE Arrowhead!!!

Posted April 29, 2013
This school is the WORST. The parents are the WORST. The 4th grade teachers, except for one, are the WORST!!!! They are the most manipulating adults I have come across who in turn have worked students against one another as well as bully their own students. This school needs a total make over..with new teachers that can bring new ideas and concepts and to help the students succeed both academically as well as socially. Be warned or be SORRY!

Arrowhead Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2013
I just had to say something about the staff at Arrowhead. I have had many interactions with the office and a few teachers and have always been treated courteously and with real concern. I find this to be a very friendly school with plenty of smiles to go around. The new principal is ready to help too. I know several friends in the neighborhood who feel the same way. The trouble today is you mostly hear from people who are angry and not those who are satisfied. Sorry it took me awhile to remark.

Posted March 11, 2013
I am so amazed on how the office staff still has their jobs... They are always so rude to me and my children and I am looked at like im annoying them when I ask questions! My two students will NOT be returning to this school next year. The teachers seem to be to busy to communicate with the parents! So disapointed in this school!

Posted December 12, 2012
I just wanted to post a note congratulating the 6th graders at Arrowhead. Today they participated in the Salvation Army's Christmas Angel program at the Arrowhead Towne Center. They walked a mile there, carefully picked a child to help and shopped for the best deals and best presents. One group went to Build-A-Bear and not only picked a cute monkey- they were able to go in the back and record themselves singing We Wish You A Merry Christmas for the voice box to be put in the monkey! The parents that attended as chaperones were all great! They took their job seriously but were able to have fun with their child and child's friends. Everyone had a wonderful time, was well behaved and hopefully learned a little about the true meaning of the season.

Arrowhead Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2012
At Arrowhead Elementary, every incident of student misconduct that is referred to administration is given due process and handled in line with the Deer Valley Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook. Bullying will never be "punished" away although consequences are certainly appropriate when one student harms another student in any way. Arrowhead is striving to create an environment where all students are treated with dignity and respect by emphasizing the six character traits and building relationships. There are no "throw away" children at this school. All students who attend here can expect a fair shake and every effort possible to help them find success. The principal's door is always open to discuss these issues.

Arrowhead Elementary School 2

Posted November 15, 2012
If you are looking for a school that will have a zero tolerance on bullying, make your children feel safe and protected, make sure that the majority of students have a positive learning experience without the constant interruptions by disruptive students....This is NOT your school. My children attend this school. The last Principal and the new Principal are from the same cloth. Total lack of discipline. It is very frustrating because we love their teachers, but we are now looking at charter schools for our children. An "A" school rating means nothing if your child's education is constantly disrupted by one or two students that never have any consequences for their behavior. My children used to love this school now they dread going. So much for the innocence of childhood. It's very sad because they have some really really wonderful teachers and office staff who love what they do and are willing to help with whatever you need. My husband and I are saddened that the new administration is not an improvement over last years administration. It is with a heavy heart that we will be leaving.

Posted June 09, 2012
We had two kids in this school during the 2011-2012 school year. The very first day of school as we were walking our daughter to class the principal made a rude comment about her to my husband and myself. What a way to welcome new kids and parents to school. A few times had to deal with office staff and each time I went in the staff was bothered and impatient with me. I was not welcome at all in the office and every time I was interrupting what they were doing. When I went in to register my child for kindergarten I was told the staff was too busy and I would have to come back another time. And we had given a tax deductible donation to the school and written specifically where it was to be used (as is permitted) and when we called and asked to have it used where we stated we wanted it used, the office staff first of all didn't know how to do it and second of all told us it would be too much paperwork. After 2 or 3 phone calls we were finally allowed to use to money. Glad to be changing schools in the fall. We will be on a variance to a different district from now on.

Posted January 17, 2012
I am very unhappy with the way the staff in the front office treat parents and students, how they got those red carpet awards are beyond me. I had my son at Arrowhead for 5 yrs and every year it got worse with teachers, the only one that actually took time for him was Mrs. Yost. I finally took him out, that was the best thing that I could have done for him. In the other school here in DVUSD that he is at, he is finally getting good grades and the attention that he needs. I would not give any stars for this school.

Arrowhead Elementary School
7490 W Union Hills Dr., Glendale, AZ  85308
Last modified Arrowhead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arrowhead Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top