Bad
Good

We have great staff, parents and students. Every year we have a community thanksgiving dinner for our families filled with amazing food great entertainment and awesome company!

I am going to place my children in a school out of our school zone just to ensure they don't have to attend Challenger another year. I went on a field trip with the students and the teacher had no clue why the students were there. I had to teach them off the labels on the water plant. The principal doesn't work with the parents and is full of back handed comments. I am not the only parent who feels this way. The teachers pick and choose when they want to make students follow rules, as quoted by a worker "It depends what teacher and if it is a good day or a bad day" Not that their rules are all reasonable but I am very disappointed. I would recommend district replace the principle and the student counselor as well as send some of the teachers through a teachers ethics class.

Since the very day I walked in the office to enroll my child I knew it was going ti be a bad experience. The office staff was awful talking trash about the kids and her co workers. The kids that bully don't seem to get in trouble or have consequences. Staff does nothing. You call or write a note to find out how your kid is doing or ask for your child to get help and you don't get a response from anyone.

I only selected one star for each choice.....I just wanted to register for the updates. This is my sons first year there and he is in 7th grade. I will say his computer teacher was very impatient and rude with him when he asked for help. I was very upset! I know my son will be very hesitant to ask her questions again. If you can't ask your teacher questions, then what's the point? He came home that second day of school very upset and didn't want to go back. The teacher made him feel like dirt! She should not be teaching if she doesn't want to help the kids out! The teachers always wonder why the students don't ask questions....they should think about how they respond to the student. Use the golden rule....would you want someone to talk to you the way you talk to your student? I know all parents say this, but my son is a good kid. The most he will get in trouble for is maybe talking in class. Choose your words wisely teachers. They can have a huge impact on someone!

i found this school horrible from bullying to lack of help from teachers i walk down the hall to see girls yelling and planning fights and boys bullying and also planning fights, i found no teacher has done anything good to stop this all i can say thats good is the classes but not the teachers if i had a choice to sit with my class and a pack of wolves the pack of wolves would be my choice

This school is a stable school but when the students get rowdy then thats when the teachers start with the PRIME or detention its 2 warnings then the student gets a detention which since im a student i got at least 15 even though im a great student. One of the teachers wouldn't let me go to the bathroom and i was about to pee on myself I left the classroom to run to the bathroom and she tried to suspend me but in the end i got a detention and this teacher is now leaving. the principals are really good though they get to the bottom of the problem.

Violent and aggressive students rule this school and administration doesn't get involved. I am moving my kids out of state after persistent bullying at this school caused my son such deep depression that he was suicidal and hospitalized. It ruined my gifted and honor students life. Ruined his grades and personality and all they did was move him to another school in the district that is not as bad, but still has bullying. The assistant principle has called my son and I "liars" when we brought it to his attention, and it even had no direct change when I met with the district. This is the kind of school that is waiting for a law suit, but this is my only act of contrition.

Challenger Middle School is an exceptional educational facility. The students at Challenger are met with high expectations and are held to those expectations throughout the school year. The teachers and administration work very hard to make Challenger a great school for all students. As a parent, I couldn't ask for a better school for my children. Congratulations to Ms. Molina and Ms. Birrell for all of their hard work and leadership in making this school a great school for kids.

Challenger school administration is terrible.There is no support from the office admins. Therefore the students are out of control. I have observed this school and there is no way I would ever put my child in this school. There has been so many threats and bullying and even the admin have to have a security officer walk with them because she is afraid of the students.

I began my career at Challenger, and in the short amount of time that I have been there I have grown to adore this school! The administration, Tiffany, Jenni,and Mark, have been such a support in good and bad times. Challenger is filled to capacity with amazing teachers and beautiful kids! Speaking from a teacher's perspective Challenger is a wonderful place to work and live out the dream of teaching that still burns inside of me.

Last modified Challenger Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.