Bad
Good

My son loves this school. He has been attending since Pre-K (fulltime). He will going into 1st grade next year and loved Kindergarten (fulltime). He has excelled above all areas for kindergarten. If your child is gifted try to get Ms. Hoelzen- she is the only gifted kindergarten teacher. For 1st grade the only gifted teacher is Ms. Farmer. My son also loves the after school care Bobcat den. It's a fun creative school that is A+ rated and has a great STEM program. This school is geared towards Science and Technology. My son uses IPads, smart boards, does video editing and started typing. He reads at 2nd grad level and I contribute that mostly to his teacher and her reading program. He also has 5 written journals through out the year. This school is great. You will not be disappointed .

My son is in 4th Grade at Copper Creek and this is his 3rd year. We have been very pleased with the faculty. They have a wonderful gifted reading and math program and plenty of after school functions to keep the students involved and active. We are very pleased with everything.

My daughter and steps kids love this school. I'm not to sure how I feel about it yet.

My daughter, attended this school last year as a first grader, and I am desperately trying to get her into another school. Her class teacher tried every way she could to find something wrong with my daughter rather than look at her methods of teaching. My daughter was often left with nothing to do and was very bored. The teacher did not teach her at her level and a lot of the time my daughter was left to her own devises. The head staff only closed ranks and I felt that my child and I were not listened to or believed. It was a very difficult and disappointing experience. My daughter is anxious about going back to school, as am I. If your child is above average, outgoing, imaginative, creative and personable, DON'T send them here. It feels like they want to mold every child into an average kid, their is no recognition of individuality and, in my experience, they dis-courage individuality instead of encouraging the children's strengths and helping them to overcome their weaknesses.

Copper Creek changed our lives. My children attended a nearby excelling stem academy. While they did projects all day at school, I had to supplement their learning at home to cover the basics . At Copper Creek, they are learning what they need and love attending school. The experienced staff provides a consistent curriculum and truly place the kids first.

Very concerned this 2011-2012 year. School in my view has continued to go down hill. Asst. principle Haws seems to be involved more in the day to day activity and appears to be rattled and stressed all the time. Will be looking for other options for my child. If school commits or has an agreement with you get it in writing or it will never happen. Very sad! Very unhappy parent!!

My son has Asperger's (high functioning autism). The principal, teachers, paraprofessionals, and aides have been phenomenal in working with him and developing his IEP. There patience with the hard days and love and care for him everyday really shows.

Copper Creek Elementary School was an absolute horrible experience for our family. The teachers are totally unprofessional, as well as the principal and the district administration as a whole. They no nothing of individualized learning. The teachers are overwhelmed and operate as though they are driven by internal politics. They are not open to communicate with parents. The staff is poorly trained, overworked and totally unprofessional. The entire school from the principal down to the teachers are an absolute disgrace to the educational model. If you take pride in education and want the best possible for your child, steer clear of this school!

The 2009-2010 school year I think has been an eye opener. With a new asst. principal, the dynamic has changed. In my opinion the school has drifted from the student as an individual to one that is directed by policy. Teachers seem to be more on edge and restricted from fear of termination. I also had a child in the gifted program in the past. I pulled that child from the program. It was more of a disruption removing her from her class then any benefit we could see. I am concerned for the 2010-2011 year. It appears now the staff ison a cover your backside mode.

We attended this school with great hopes due to it's "excelling" status. After a little over a year, we withdrew our son. Our son was an identified gifted learner yet the teachers (two different grades/teachers) at this school refused to differentiate any learning to challenge him. He started Copper Creek excited about learning yet by the time we pulled him from the school he had a strong dislike for school and learning. It took a full year away from this school to get him interested in learning again.

Last modified Copper Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.