Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

With a practically incompetent administration, and usually below par staff (excluding the language arts and math departments), this is not a place I would recommend anyone send their child to. There are very few redeeming qualities that can brighten the true arrogance shown by people who are supposed to be regarded as adults.

I have three Graduates from Deer Valley High School and One Junior. It seems that every time I go into the school and am addressed by the Receptionist I feel as if I have been sent back to 9th grade. There is NO service skills they speak to an adult like they are a child. I am absolutely discussed every time I leave that building. I can be picking up early or signing in it never changes always leave there feeling degraded.

The teachers are excellent. The students are well behaved and respectful. The administrators are hard working and caring. The staff are friendly and wonderfully kind.

Deer Valley high school is a wonderful school with great teachers and a diversity of students. The school is extremely family oriented as many of the current teachers went to Deer Valley themselves. AP and duel credit programs are offered as a head start to achieving college credits and a variety of clubs and artistic classes are offered. I'm a sophomore this year.

We are thinking of buying a house here and would like to know if there are gates or metal detectors at the entrance of the schools?

I have spent a total of two years so far at this school, and I don't regret it one bit. Teachers give so much of their spare time to make sure their students are understanding the lessons and nearly all of them help with a sport or sponsor a club. Fellow students treat each other nicely, and there are never any fights. In comparison to the other schools in the district, this school has no drug problems. Except all of my peers are slackers, so the only way to get a class that is guaranteed to be focused for learning is an honors class. Nothing against the teachers, though. I can't wait to come back as a junior next year.

I have to say that when it comes to children with disabilities they are not very helpful or knowledgeable unless you go in with a great team who knows the in an outs of what your child or childern are intitled to or not intitled to you are pretty much thrown under the bus literally...so i got myself a great IEP team and had my childern get what they deserve.

I have 3 kids that are either going or have graduated from this school, all with a wide range of abilities... Special Ed., Reg. Ed and Advance. I truly feel confident about this school and their main focus, teaching our kids. I have a sports child and one, well not so much. The sports kept my daughter focused on her grades and the teachers helped out wonderfully. My son is having a different take in high school and has gotten into a little trouble. Both issues were resolved in a manner appropriate to the issue and with true concern from the staff. While not all teachers are the best (one spanish teacher just needs to retire), the majority of the teachers are there is to aid in my childs success. I have been very happy with DVHS from all aspects.

Deer Valley is an outstanding school with high academic standards and quality teachers!

This school has some amazing teachers and some of the worst teachers I have ever seen. As in most high schools athletics rule the campus. The staff can be rude at times and not very helpful. The quality of education depends on the teacher. I would think twice about sending your kids to this school.

Last modified Deer Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.