Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Desert Palms Elementary School 5

Posted May 24, 2016
You feel welcome as soon as you walk on campus. Every staff member strives to make the school an exciting, fun and safe environment.

Desert Palms Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 24, 2016
Gage had such an amazing year at Desert Palms and we couldn't have asked for a better teacher than Ms. Mason for him! She challenged him when needed and helped him grow in an amazing environment. Thank you for being an outstanding teacher!

Posted November 23, 2014
Wonderful, progressive School, great Library, good PTSA. I Feel blessed to have my Child attend here! Yay DP!

Desert Palms Elementary School 3

Posted December 13, 2013
Desert Palms has some real potential...sure, it is in a neighborhood where the income level is quite low, several family members have been incarcerated, and many of the children appear to be raising themselves. The parents are quick to criticize the teachers but most don't take the time to get involved, seldom support the efforts of the teachers, and place all the instructive efforts on the school instead of taking part in their child's education. It seems to me that many of the people in the area have lost their own hope so they don't encourage their children to achieve or strive to do their best. Desert Palms does not have all the technology of other schools, it doesn't have a young energetic staff, but it does have a very dedicated group of teachers who don't give up! The teachers seem a bit worn out, frustrated, and overwhelmed, but they work very hard to do what's best for children....they love them, teach them, and encourage them every day! I see the potential in this school if ALL persons gathered together and sought student success and well-being! Get involved and just watch what incredible things could happen. It has to be a team effort and the students deserve it!

Posted October 23, 2012
Maybe they are trying, but they are nothing like the wonderful schools in the Peoria Unified School District. My five children, myself and my husband have been in the Peoria school district all our 38 years. We have attended between us eight different elementary and high schools all in the Peoria district. It is honestly a great district to have your child grow up in. The teachers and administration are dedicated to success. This school does not even seem like it belongs in the district. We have dealt with bullying, a black eye and lunch being stolen all in the first week of class and never before was this on issue for any of our other kids and any other PUSD school.. This action taken when I sought assistance was denial and defensiveness. It seems to be a knee jerk reaction to anybody that has an issue worth confronting them about. I am actually a fearful to let my child attend this school. That not even to mention the police presence that is there to scold the parents walking across the street, not for the children. They need a crosswalk at the school's street since their parking lot is puny and outdated? They need to get their standards up. I will root for them to do so.

Posted July 08, 2012
My children have been at this school for the past two years. I have had the pleasure of working with wonderful teachers in the 4th, 5th, and 8th. grade. I feel that my children are challenged and their teachers have a genuine interest in their education. My son has since graduated and my daughters are always engaged in lessons, music and choir. I appreciate all of your hard work teachers! Keep up the enthusiasm and never lose your sense of wonder...thank you for being the second set of parents for our children...we appreciate you:)

Posted January 08, 2012
My children have gone/going from kindergarten thru 8th grade at Desert Palms. I have never seen a staff that works so hard and puts in extra time for their students. With an influx of ELL students and lower income students over the past few years, there is a greater weight of responsibility of these teachers to meet state testing results. And Desert Palms has done a great job meeting these goals.As a longtime parent at this school, I have seen parent involvement continue to go down. And yet, I see in these ratings that they are complaining about the teachers. I wonder how much these parents helped out and were active in PTSA.

Posted November 17, 2011
desert palms students and parents---GET OUT!!!! Bad Teachers!!!!! We left that neighborhood and will nnever go back.

Desert Palms Elementary School 2

Posted August 04, 2011
My kids have been there one year only and I think this school has hurt my youngest rather then helped him.The third grade teacher was horrible. I not sure she is thete to teach but, acts like she is God. Other children have been treated just Ok.. Trying one more year only.

Posted June 16, 2011
My son went to DP for 2yrs. I am very unhappy with this school. It is a very low income school. The school doesn't do half of what some of the other Peoria schools do. We are moving this year specifially to get him out of this school. My son is a straight A student, had some issues with bullying. I pretty much had to yell at the principal to get her to do something about it.

Desert Palms Elementary School
11441 North 55th Ave, Glendale, AZ  85304
Last modified Desert Palms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.