Glendale, AZ

Posted April 17, 2014
Desert Sage has a wonderful warm family feel that you don't get at other schools. The special education team is phenomenal and so is the gifted program (I have children in both). The teachers are very caring and so is the Principal and the office staff.

Posted December 23, 2013
I currently have 4 children attending Desert Sage and have been very impressed with how optimistic the staff is towards the children. The Principal knows most of the children by name. My kids are challenged in the classroom, and when I have felt something is lacking, the teachers have been great about challenging them more.

Posted August 23, 2013
My daughter attended Desert Sage for 7 years. When she started school she was a struggling reader. By the time she was ready to leave Desert Sage as a middle school student with the help and support of the teachers at Desert Sage she was in "Sage" or gifted classes. She is now in high school and is in all honors classes with a straight A average. The staff and students at Desert Sage are amazing!!!!

Posted August 22, 2013
Desert Sage Elementary is just the Best. My children have all gone through Desert Sage and are now successful, caring, hard-working , amazing adults with great careers.

Posted August 22, 2013
Desert Sage is a huge family. The students are vey happy. The staff enjoy woking at this school.

Desert Sage Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2013
Caring and nurturing environment! Everyone strives for better without forgetting the emotional needs of children. They missed the A rating by one point. Neighboring school (who got an A) was only one point away. Special Ed, general ed and Gifted students will flourish with the teachers and staff here. Everyone works to meet the needs of ALL the students. "Read between the lines" if you see any negative posts toward this school.

Posted January 12, 2013
I am so proud to be a teacher and a parent of children that OPEN ENROLL at Desert Sage. I feel supported by the administration, and confident that my children are getting a superior education.

Desert Sage Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2012
If I could give this school 0 starts I would. My child was a student there but I took him out after 2 1/2 miserable years. This was my second child going through this school. My first child was an excellent student and is currently at another school in the honors program. When she had a problem with a teacher I felt it was best to go work it out. The teacher told me "I don't get paid enough money to deal with parents like you.". I had he moved to another classroom. This school also uses seclusion and restraint as punishment and either underreports or fails to report it all together. Education was the last thing that happened for my youngest there. The Principal is inexperienced and leans on the district staff to solve her problems. Many kids moved out of there on a variance just like we did. Neighboring Stetson Hills can't take any more of them or Desert Sage might have even less students. Don't send your kids here if you have a choice!

Posted December 18, 2009
Desert Sage is a caring, nurturing school where the kids flourish. The morning announcements are done by the students each morning and shown in each room on the televisions. I find it funny that the previous parent said that the principal is heard over the intercom every morning. This is absolutely untrue. I also can't imagine what she is talking about when it comes to the curriculum. My children have excelled at this school, and I have never seen any of the things that she mentioned. My son has homework each night, but is also given time to work on it at the end of the school day in class. He was reading leaving kindergarten and all of his teachers have been amazing.

Desert Sage Elementary School 1

Posted September 23, 2009
Kindergarten at Desert Sage is a joke! Who ever heard of baby blocks as part of the curriculum? And the snacks they try to feed the kids are in poor nutritional taste. They are dumbing down the kids even before they get a chance at learning anything. It gets worse, as my other child was in the higher grades, he never got homework! They didn't finish teaching him the whole lesson plans because according to the teacher, the class was unruly. I found that most of the kids there unruly, out of control and very disrespectful. It comes to no surprise since the Principal can be heard yelling at the kids over the intercom every morning. Way to get the day started Mrs. Crain. The environment is not of learning but of chaos. Teachers are just buying their time. If you want your kids to succeed in life, get them out!

Desert Sage Elementary School
4035 W. Alameda, Glendale, AZ  85310
Last modified Desert Sage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Sage Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top