Bad
Good

I've waited a while to find teachers like these at Discovery! A big thumbs up to 2nd grades Miss Willemott! Discovery could use ALOT more school spirit and activities/programs. It was at least a month and a half into the school year before a PTO was assembled. The front office could use some work. But it is the best school by far, in Glendale, because of the teachers.

I feel like since I just left discover after being a student there for 9 years I should be able to comment on it. So let me start with the fact that I was bullied straight and all of my 7th grade year, serious bullying and NO ONE noticed, so that annoyed me because it was pretty obvious. Second, I liked most of my core teachers and they were good at what they did except one of them but she is not a teacher any more anyways so no biggy, but I had huge issues with the specials teachers. Most of them hated the 8th grade and some of them were just not the best teachers. Also the principal is not helpful, he is like an annoying shadow for some of the teachers and he doesn't trust the 8th grade at all! One time he blamed our 8th grade class for stealing his pen and made everyone empty and check their backpacks, guess where they found the stupid pen. IN A FIRST GRADE CLASS, he dropped it but wouldn't believe the 8th graders. So no I don't like the school that much but they got me where I needed to be and my core teachers were great. They really helped me out whenever I needed them and they pushed me when I needed it.

I totally agree we need a new leader. The kids are very rude the way they talk to one another is horrible. If I could I would rate it a 1/3 of a star. My daughter reading was falling a grade behind they really didn't give her one on one or as I feel any attention that's why I had to hold her back one year.The District 40 really has to get together and do some thing about this,but are money is sure is going to the Westgate.

Discoveryl needsa lot of school spirit, students should be involved, encouraged, and recognized. This school has no memorable field trips, they hand out 5x6 pieces of paper congratulating a 1st place winner,(is a ribbon that expensive?) No memos are sent to parents about upcoming activities (staff too lazy or paper too expensive?) Eighth grade grads do not get gown or hat (that's really special to an 8th grader) This school should come together and get involved, including administration. Other school principles and staff are there every morning meeting and greeting parents. Other schools send 7th and 8th graders to Disneyland if they do well. Other schools plan so much to make sure students love their school. Discipline at this school should be stronger and more firm. surprisingly, I did receive a couple of teacher phone calls re: my childs school work, All should pitch in,esp. if PTO needs $.

Teachers do not care at all, students are just a paycheck to them. Chrildren are rude and bullys. No one does anything about them. The schoold is a total joke. I am so sorry i moved to glendale. What a waste of tax payers money.

Teachers are great, but they do not get the support they need from administration. Reception is a joke. Very unprofessional, gossiping and loud. It seems like they have too many employees in the front office. Didn't like my first impression. administration is always out of sight.

As a teacher in Discovery, I feel that the staff is very caring and concerned about students. We really work well together and support each other well. This breeds a good attitude in the school. I think the discipline has improved immensly over the past three years and I feel supported by my administration as well. There are still a few minor details Discovery needs to work on such as the priorities of the teachers. Any dislike I have for the school really comes from the state of Arizona and their new mandates. Really not the school's fault. Check out Discovery if you want to be a part of a great community!

I have three children attending discovery elementary school 1st, 5th, 7th. I am also a staff member of glendale elementary school dist. I feel the leadership of this school is very poor, the children of this school does not get the attention they need to become mature students. Most of the children are out of control, due to the lack of leadership. This school provides education for students in grades k-8. I feel that any child leaving discovery exiting 8th grade, entering into high school will be lost.

My son has attended discovery since he was in kindergarten he is now going into seventh grade. This school has been going downhill ever since principal Dooley left. There is no discipline you bring up concerns to the principal and she says she will take care of it.

I have four children attending Discovery(k-4)and only one of my kids(kinder)has brought home homework,I would say about 3 or 4 times! They never send home any daily behavior reports on any of my children,after asking the teachers to do so.I personally don't like this school and wouldn't recommend it to other parents.Especially!putting your kids in a multiage class,I think that is a big mistake! My 3rd grader doesn't need to learn things from the much older kids that are in the 6th grade!

Last modified Discovery School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.