Glendale, AZ

Posted April 29, 2015
I love foothills! My daughter is in there developmental preschool class and she loves it!! She loves Ms Miriam and her team!! My daughters needs can be hard to meet and I try hard to find the best for her. I have been pleasantly surprised at how great this school is and how great of a year my daughter has had. Thank you so much foothills!!

Posted April 29, 2015
This school is fantastic because it offers an amazing leg up for kids by integrating arts into learning every day. By allowing them to express themselves artistically, I've found all three of my children's grades have gone up not only because they can express these abilities but all the teachers find ways for them to integrate these abilities into their learning experiences. Starting in 5th grade students can add dance/drama/band/choir to their regular classes and get a leg up for high school as well as life if they want to do any of those for a living. I've not found any school other than this one that teaches beginning dance. I've taken dance. This class is almost identical to my high school dance class which introduced me to jazz, ballet, tap. This school not only allows for these in depth arts classes but also exceeds expectations for my children's grades. I love this school and highly recommend this rating go up. People deserve to know what this school offers for our future generation.

Posted March 20, 2015
My daughter loves this school. She loves the fact that she has peers that share the same performing art interests. Dr. Benson has been out and welcoming at EVERY after-school and extra event the school holds. Keep in mind that these are on top of the full "regular" day he puts in beforehand. To the parents complaining about bullying.....what is it that you expect a school to reasonably be able to do? This is a k-8 school that cannot "kick" kids out. The best they can try and do is reform a child's behavior. I also suggest you teach your own child how to be assertive and respond in an appropriate way. Seems to me everyone wants to point the finger at the school and administration when basically the options to deal with student discipline are determined by the district and state. If they could "fix" the bad child rearing of other parents they would be miracle workers not teachers. Before you slam them consider that.

Posted November 02, 2014
I went to foothills from 2005-2013. I watched it go downhill along with test scores and teaching methods. For an arts school, the teachers need to push a little harder and help the students more! Being in high school now i have more privileges and help from teachers if needed. The teachers at foothills need to prepare students for high school more and give them a better education.

Posted May 16, 2014
I am really disappointed in how far this school has fallen. I've had several children attend here and we may actually move them. I had hopes a new principal would revive the staff and bring a non bias view; however it has since fallen even faster. The new principle is very nice. He's just not a good leader and a coward. There are several teachers that need to be retired. They no longer like working with kids and there tends to be some singling out of students. I've had several conversations with other foothills parent concerned about teachers who bully. I have see multiple incidents of teachers bullying kids this year. I guess there's good and bad teachers at every school. There are a few great teachers here. The problem is the bad ones are allowed to do anything they want without consequence. Also adding Fine Arts to the name of a school may sound fancy, but it does not increase the quality of the program teachers or classes. Unless you are "mom friends" with an arts teacher...forget about ur kid getting in. If ur kid decides they want to try another "art program" they will be black listed for their remaining years. So sad because we used to live it here. It's a joke now!

Foothills Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2014
This school is a very bad school I would not recommend sending your child here. Im a seventh grader who has gone to foothills since kindergarten and ive been bullied since, my parents and I have had complaints many times and they say they will gain control but they dont. I hate this school and I know alot of other people do to. Teachers read the students messages on there phone (invading personal privacy) and as I said before ive been bullied since 1st grade now in seventh and they dont do anything but once someone says I bully them when i dont i get suspended like is that necessary so finally standing up for myself i punched a boy in the face of course I got suspended! But still I DO NOT recommend your child coming to foothills the teachers are disrespectful and students are mean.

Posted April 17, 2014
My son went here 2 years for preschool with Ms. Donna and is now in kindergarten with Ms. Eilliams. I have no issues with the teachers and the new principal us awesome. I see him all over the place so I know he's working hard. My one and only complaint is that went mentioned I was thinking about holding my son back in kindergarten I met with the vice principal and his teacher. They said they were going to put an action plan together and I never heard anything back about an action plan. I'm a very active so I didn't think anything of it. Overall I have no real complaints. Hopefully I won't in the future.

Posted April 16, 2014
Good luck to the new principal. I have had children attend this school for the past 15 years and have seen the school decline. Bullying is a theme at this school. Dress codes are unobserved. There are only a handful of teachers that really do their job, many are unprepared for class, to provide work if a student will be absent, or at conferences. It is sad to see such a decline in student and teacher morale as well. The new principal certainly has his work cut out for him.

Posted March 08, 2014
I have to post in response to the negative comments below. My kids have been at Foothills for three years. I have never seen HS kids all over campus, kinder kids alone, or complete lack of supervision. I am on campus multiple times each week at varying times of day. There are always teachers on the playgrounds and in the cafeteria during hours children are there and there are two seperate playgrounds for younger and older kids. They have begun locking the gates during school hours this year, which has made me very happy. Improvements have occurred with the new principal. There is definitely some room to grow, but this new principal seems to have his work cut out for him after this school has seen dropping scores the previous two years and other details. It is getting better. Foothills certainly encourages parent involvement.

Posted August 20, 2013
This school has had one of the best community caring environments that I have been in. While there are issues with students' discipline, I hope the new prinicipal will address these areas of concern. This school is making great strides in the areas of reading and is working hard to address the new common core frameworks. For anyone to say that the staff/teachers do not care about student success is ludicrous. Parents need to take an active role in their children's lives and follow through with consequenses when behavior warrants it. Student, Parents, and Teachers should be a team. This school has alot of wonderful attributes, and if everyone works together, it will continue to improve.

Foothills Elementary School
15808 N 63rd Ave, Glendale, AZ  85306
Last modified Foothills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top