Glendale, AZ

Posted November 02, 2014
I went to foothills from 2005-2013. I watched it go downhill along with test scores and teaching methods. For an arts school, the teachers need to push a little harder and help the students more! Being in high school now i have more privileges and help from teachers if needed. The teachers at foothills need to prepare students for high school more and give them a better education.

Posted May 16, 2014
I am really disappointed in how far this school has fallen. I've had several children attend here and we may actually move them. I had hopes a new principal would revive the staff and bring a non bias view; however it has since fallen even faster. The new principle is very nice. He's just not a good leader and a coward. There are several teachers that need to be retired. They no longer like working with kids and there tends to be some singling out of students. I've had several conversations with other foothills parent concerned about teachers who bully. I have see multiple incidents of teachers bullying kids this year. I guess there's good and bad teachers at every school. There are a few great teachers here. The problem is the bad ones are allowed to do anything they want without consequence. Also adding Fine Arts to the name of a school may sound fancy, but it does not increase the quality of the program teachers or classes. Unless you are "mom friends" with an arts teacher...forget about ur kid getting in. If ur kid decides they want to try another "art program" they will be black listed for their remaining years. So sad because we used to live it here. It's a joke now!

Foothills Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2014
This school is a very bad school I would not recommend sending your child here. Im a seventh grader who has gone to foothills since kindergarten and ive been bullied since, my parents and I have had complaints many times and they say they will gain control but they dont. I hate this school and I know alot of other people do to. Teachers read the students messages on there phone (invading personal privacy) and as I said before ive been bullied since 1st grade now in seventh and they dont do anything but once someone says I bully them when i dont i get suspended like is that necessary so finally standing up for myself i punched a boy in the face of course I got suspended! But still I DO NOT recommend your child coming to foothills the teachers are disrespectful and students are mean.

Posted April 17, 2014
My son went here 2 years for preschool with Ms. Donna and is now in kindergarten with Ms. Eilliams. I have no issues with the teachers and the new principal us awesome. I see him all over the place so I know he's working hard. My one and only complaint is that went mentioned I was thinking about holding my son back in kindergarten I met with the vice principal and his teacher. They said they were going to put an action plan together and I never heard anything back about an action plan. I'm a very active so I didn't think anything of it. Overall I have no real complaints. Hopefully I won't in the future.

Posted April 16, 2014
Good luck to the new principal. I have had children attend this school for the past 15 years and have seen the school decline. Bullying is a theme at this school. Dress codes are unobserved. There are only a handful of teachers that really do their job, many are unprepared for class, to provide work if a student will be absent, or at conferences. It is sad to see such a decline in student and teacher morale as well. The new principal certainly has his work cut out for him.

Posted March 08, 2014
I have to post in response to the negative comments below. My kids have been at Foothills for three years. I have never seen HS kids all over campus, kinder kids alone, or complete lack of supervision. I am on campus multiple times each week at varying times of day. There are always teachers on the playgrounds and in the cafeteria during hours children are there and there are two seperate playgrounds for younger and older kids. They have begun locking the gates during school hours this year, which has made me very happy. Improvements have occurred with the new principal. There is definitely some room to grow, but this new principal seems to have his work cut out for him after this school has seen dropping scores the previous two years and other details. It is getting better. Foothills certainly encourages parent involvement.

Posted August 20, 2013
This school has had one of the best community caring environments that I have been in. While there are issues with students' discipline, I hope the new prinicipal will address these areas of concern. This school is making great strides in the areas of reading and is working hard to address the new common core frameworks. For anyone to say that the staff/teachers do not care about student success is ludicrous. Parents need to take an active role in their children's lives and follow through with consequenses when behavior warrants it. Student, Parents, and Teachers should be a team. This school has alot of wonderful attributes, and if everyone works together, it will continue to improve.

Foothills Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2013
My school is.. Pretty good.. I wanted to go to pioneer though, because last year when I was in 6th grade they didn't do anything when I was getting bullied.. then I almost got suspended cause of the bullies.. But this tear im hoping its different cause theres a new principle, Im not a huge fan of the choir teacher Mrs.Burnett.. But who knows.. Maybe ill learn to like her..

Foothills Elementary School 3

Posted February 05, 2013
This school is okay, and that parent who said there is zero security, a whole lot a other schools in the PUSD have no security, Marshall Ranch Elementary (near ironwood) is worst, a bridge goes from on side of the canal into the school. Anyway, Cactus High is right next to the school, and the only place I see the high schoolers go on campus is either home, picking up a sibling, or talking to one of their 7/8 grade friends. The offic, principal, and school organization is pretty bad though, and this school is cheap. My sons school in LA Unified (one of the poorest in the U.S) could afford more than this school. Something happened to this school, my son said the principal said this school used to have 1100 students. You can send your kids to this school, only thing to worry about is your kids personality, since the kids here are "semi-friendly", and if your kid has a bad personality they will be bullied, which is rare at this school, so is fights, but both have been growing in the junior high areas after this one 8th grade girl came, which I think her parents wrote the review below, and all the kids say she started drama that literally spread as far as 5th grade.

Foothills Elementary School 1

Posted January 18, 2013
This is by far the worst school our child has ever attended. For starters, there is ZERO security, no monitoring of visitors, no staff whatsoever before or after school. There are up to eighth graders mixed in with as young as second graders with no supervision before or after school. ANYONE can walk on campus and pick up your kid. Then there are high schoolers walking all over the campus right after school. We have witnessed older kids bullying little ones, a kid left at the kindergarten playground alone after the bell rang with the gardening staff (no teacher in sight), and much more. We walk our child to the classroom door in the am and walk in to pick her up after school and pray that she is safe in between. We addressed our concerns with the VP, and saw more staff for a few weeks, then things went back to "normal". We also placed a call to the Admin staff with another concern, and never received a call back from the principal as we were promised. We are working on getting our child placed elsewhere. Do not send your kids here.

Foothills Elementary School
15808 N 63rd Ave, Glendale, AZ  85306
Last modified Foothills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top