Bad
Good

My son started this year at Glendale American. He was afraid of a new school but quickly made a connection with a few teachers who helped him. My son has some issues and needs extra help. He had a teacher he really connected with and this teacher made a huge difference for him. He liked going to school and talked about this teacher all the time. Several other parents told me he was a very good teacher. This teacher left the school during the year and now my son is struggling. His new teacher doesn't seem to know how to help my son. Another teacher I spoke with said several other students in this class appear to be having problems. Next year my son will be starting a new school as I can not and will not take another year like this one.

My child went to this school for a half of the year. My child was also bullied and only one teacher seemed to do anything to assist and was very helpful. I would have taken my child out sooner if not for the efforts of this teacher. I was told other teachers my child was part of the problem yet when I asked nothing was provided to show me. The other student had a history of behavior issues according to several other parents and students. I finally took my child out of this school. At parent teacher conferences I was given a report card but not shown any work my child completed showing me any issues. It was the first time I heard there were academic issues. The communication was terrible even after I asked to be updated.

Glendale American is the worst school my children ever attended. Bullying is the norm and the child being bullied gets punished, not the offender. The principal will act, only after the school district offices are called. The vice-principal is a cold-hearted woman who has no care or concern for the children that attend, Even the middle school teachers bully their own students. The curriculum is sub-par, there are no field trips, very little homework, and the teachers have no interest in communication with the parents. AVOID this school!!

Glendale American School...do not miss to many days new attendance policy=).My kid got Honor Roll!!

Glendale American is an excellent school. Both my children have enjoy the learning experience. My kindergarten looks forward to a wonderful day at school and doesn't like it when it's a holiday. She's always eager to go to school and proud to show what she has learned. For the last five (5) years I have been at the school almost everyday and have not seen or heard any bullying. It is important that the parents be involve in the learning process. I have volunteered once to help with the fundraiser and it was a wonderful experienced. The like the parents coffee talk and the involvement with the principal is excellent.

This school is great! Students are polite to adults, and they walk to classes in an orderly fashion. Staff is dedicated to making it a warm and friendly place. They have a "Family Education Center" for parents to go to for morning coffee and get brochures in both english and spanish. Administration works with staff on professional development. Bullying is not tollerated and it is a very safe environment. This school has shown much improvement in parental engagement. What a great place to send you students!

My school is a great school because teachers are loving and care about their students. It is a safe place, as it is kept locked to outsiders, and they have a wonderful volunteer screening to work with children. In addition, professional development is ongoing and staff is hard-working. Students are couteous and respectful. I would send my children to this school.

Don't pay any attention to the recent reviews, I suspect they are staff lying for the school. This school is worse than horrible, bullying is everywhere and I had to pull my child out. I wouldn't send any poor child to this school.

This is an awful school, fighting/bullying is a huge issue at this school. The principal is more like warden and a very ineffective one at that. So sad I kept my children there for 2 yrs before taking them out. Imagine school at Cortez park on 35th and Dunlap is a good alternative if you are not able to move.

I dont like Glendale School District at all. Classes are over filled, under staffed. Communication with teachers and parents is mostly impossible. Try charter or private over GUSD

Last modified Glendale American School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.