Posted June 23, 2014
Glendale American is the worst school my children ever attended. Bullying is the norm and the child being bullied gets punished, not the offender. The principal will act, only after the school district offices are called. The vice-principal is a cold-hearted woman who has no care or concern for the children that attend, Even the middle school teachers bully their own students. The curriculum is sub-par, there are no field trips, very little homework, and the teachers have no interest in communication with the parents. AVOID this school!!

Posted May 28, 2014
Glendale American School...do not miss to many days new attendance policy=).My kid got Honor Roll!!

Posted March 31, 2014
Glendale American is an excellent school. Both my children have enjoy the learning experience. My kindergarten looks forward to a wonderful day at school and doesn't like it when it's a holiday. She's always eager to go to school and proud to show what she has learned. For the last five (5) years I have been at the school almost everyday and have not seen or heard any bullying. It is important that the parents be involve in the learning process. I have volunteered once to help with the fundraiser and it was a wonderful experienced. The like the parents coffee talk and the involvement with the principal is excellent.

Posted October 30, 2013
This school is great! Students are polite to adults, and they walk to classes in an orderly fashion. Staff is dedicated to making it a warm and friendly place. They have a "Family Education Center" for parents to go to for morning coffee and get brochures in both english and spanish. Administration works with staff on professional development. Bullying is not tollerated and it is a very safe environment. This school has shown much improvement in parental engagement. What a great place to send you students!

Posted October 30, 2013
My school is a great school because teachers are loving and care about their students. It is a safe place, as it is kept locked to outsiders, and they have a wonderful volunteer screening to work with children. In addition, professional development is ongoing and staff is hard-working. Students are couteous and respectful. I would send my children to this school.

Posted October 30, 2013
Don't pay any attention to the recent reviews, I suspect they are staff lying for the school. This school is worse than horrible, bullying is everywhere and I had to pull my child out. I wouldn't send any poor child to this school.

Posted July 04, 2012
This is an awful school, fighting/bullying is a huge issue at this school. The principal is more like warden and a very ineffective one at that. So sad I kept my children there for 2 yrs before taking them out. Imagine school at Cortez park on 35th and Dunlap is a good alternative if you are not able to move.

Posted April 28, 2012
I dont like Glendale School District at all. Classes are over filled, under staffed. Communication with teachers and parents is mostly impossible. Try charter or private over GUSD

Glendale American School 2

Posted November 01, 2011
This school has a big bullying problem. There is little to no supervision on the playard. The academics are sub standard. I have finally come to my senses and am pulling mine out!

Glendale American School 2

Posted May 05, 2010
i think glendale american is nice but there is a lot of bullying and i come home horrible

Glendale American School
8530 N 55th Ave, Glendale, AZ  85302
Last modified Glendale American School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glendale American School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top