Glendale, AZ

Glenn F Burton School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
My kids have been going to this school for years however the last 3 years have gone down hill. The bullying is bad and have had the same answer kids will be kids. The awards are just photo copied papers. It seems the principle is more in it for her gain not the students best intrests.

Glenn F Burton School 1

Posted April 06, 2013
worst school ever!! Kids hardly ever have homework. No study guides. I have no idea what my kid is learning because work is not send home. Teachers dont pay attention to kids needs. Worst of all, there is a lot of bullying in this school and teachers and/or staff dont do anything about it!!! They're answer to every problem is "well, kids are going to be kids no matter what we tell them" which is nothing. Principal is no help!! So taking my daughter out of this school!!!

Posted May 14, 2011
This school is the best in education, respect, and has no bullying situations. Bullys do not exist there,the teachers are very award. I have the experience of 14 years of education, and the best has been in the las 7 years. We identify the kids by there uniforms, and doing a good job. This new superintendent is doing a fantastic job. Congratulations to the teachers, superintendent, and prinicipal for the achivements of the students its the best, #1,

Posted December 08, 2009
The great achievement of my kids I owe to the good secretaries, teachers and strict principal Mrs. Northcott. Thank you for your support, for all the kids in this school. I have 5 going there. Mrs. Northcott, you are doing a great job! The achievements we owe to you. We only need 1 point to be exceeding, I hope we make it.

Posted December 08, 2009
I am an honors student at High School and I have accomplished many success things. It is the begining of my great career and i owe it to Mrs. Northcott and Mr. Scudder. They always gave me support. And my good secretary Mrs. Ramos. This is just to tell them thanks for making me a good person.

Glenn F Burton School 4

Posted February 01, 2008
I love this school it is wonderful all though it could do better

Glenn F Burton School 2

Posted July 05, 2007
I was not to happy with the school last year. I also felt we were not given enogh notice when the children had activities going on. As a parent we work, and just can't call in the next day so we can be with are kids. The front office needs to be more on top of things and send notices out at lease a week or so before the activities take place so we may be there for our kids.

Glenn F Burton School 3

Posted June 02, 2007
The kids education was great. The other hand I barely received notices to be involved with the children were sent out at the last minute. I was disappointed when I found out that the kindergarden class did not receive a little graduation with a cap and gown. I did not get an answer to why the school doesn't do that. And the sports, when the kids first started playing softball in the hot sun, there was no water for them. This kind of stuff counts. I loved that my son was learning first grade stuff in kindergarden.

Glenn F Burton School 3

Posted January 07, 2007
I agree that Burton is a great school. My student has been there 2 years already. The teachers really push the students, unfortunately there are just too many parents that simply view it as a drop off or babysitting clinic. this leads to many students underperforming, They have a great school rating for NCLB.

Glenn F Burton School 4

Posted August 28, 2005
I think that Burton has the childrens best interest in mind all of the time. My child has had a few issues with behavior and thanks to Principal Scudder and his teachers his behavior has improved greatly. Mr Scudder takes time to talk to my son one on one and gives him individual attention.

Glenn F Burton School
4801 W Maryland Ave, Glendale, AZ  85301
Last modified Glenn F Burton School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenn F Burton School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top