School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The love of learning and a broad course of study creating background knowledge across grade levels (Preschool through 6th grade) are always on display at Greenbrier Core Knowledge Elementary. Artwork is everywhere: both classic examples of fine art and student creations of world masterpieces. Classic pieces of music are shared with our students at every grade. Classrooms and hallways overflow with project posters, dioramas, working models, and historical timelines. The tools of the trade are always in evidence - more like a living museum than anything else - so that our students can experience for themselves how the greatest ideas were first discovered and what these devices look like today: slide rule, abacus, calculator, hourglass, pendulum clock, and a spring loaded watch; and dictionaries, encyclopedias, and maps of every kind. Learning is the fundamental purpose of our school as we partner with our parents for the success of each Greenbrier student. A collaborative culture, creativity, emotional well being, physical fitness, critical thinking, and research based instructional strategies ensure the highest levels of student success. We encourage you to join our school! Jody J. Brammer, Principal Greenbrier Elementary School
March 30, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Posted June 09, 2016
This year was my first year sending my first daughter to kindergarten, and couldn't be more happier and pleased with choosing Greenbrier Elementary! My daughter has loved every single day of school and never wanted to miss. Great school with great teachers!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 08, 2016
My son's kindergarten teacher, Ms. Adams, is amazing. She puts so much energy into what happens in her classroom everyday and she really wants the best for her students. She has a fantastic way of working with the kids to be sure their needs are met, regardless of the variety of levels. My son loved having her as a teacher, and we loved watching him learn and grow through the lessons she provided.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 08, 2016
I can't say enough good things about the teachers at Greenbrier. The amount of time and preparation that goes into their lessons is apparent.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 08, 2016
I feel the homework has been a sufficient review of what's being learned in the classroom.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 08, 2016
I was thankful that both of my son's teachers focused a lot on respect in a variety of ways. The students learn respect for themselves, others, and the environment.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 08, 2016
It is obvious that the school works on developing these traits through conversations I have with my child. Occasionally there are situations that occur during the day and how he talks to me about how they discussed ways to handle them.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 08, 2016
My son's teachers put a lot of emphasis on character and he participated in many lessons about honesty, integrity and fairness. These topics are also consistently emphasized during incidental situations that arise throughout the day.

Posted June 08, 2016
My son has been at Greenbrier for 2 years and our experience has been all around wonderful. Both of his teachers have been amazing. They were responsive to questions and communicated well regarding upcoming events, current learning themes, etc. I am thrilled with all he has learned so far and their approach with teaching. The school provides a lot of opportunity for parents to be involved in classroom activities. I am very thankful that the students participate in PE, Art and Music. The PTA is very active and hosts a number of fun events. The front desk staff are always friendly and helpful, as well as the other teachers we see while on campus. My son will be going into first grade and is already saying he HAS to stay at Greenbrier through sixth grade! We are looking forward to our daughter starting preschool at Greenbrier in the fall!

Greenbrier Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2016
GOOD- This is a great school. They are very attentive to school safety and notifiying you if your child is absent. The choir program is amazing. School is clean. Not So Good! - Mrs. Dressman is the rudest, most unprofessional teacher I have ever met. She degrades and bullies kids instead of helping them. She constantly uses the word "consequence" and "punishment" in regards to how she handled the childrens behaviors that day. Her term is always "my classroom" my rules" Very unprofessional in my opinion. I have never experienced a teacher who acts like her. All the other teachers have been great.

Posted April 21, 2016
Our 1st grader has had a wonderful experience at Greenbrier in his two years there. We love the Core Knowledge curriculum because we see that he is getting a well-rounded education that gives him a broad context for the facts and skills that he is learning. We also like that he practices learned skills regularly (via homework, for example), but is not so overloaded that his brain cannot retain the information. We have seen excellent progress in his reading level and his math skills. He has mastered addition and subtraction, and is dabbling with geometry. He is reading short chapter books, and his vocabulary has grown impressively.

6150 W. Greenbriar Dr., Glendale, AZ  85308
Last modified Greenbrier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.