School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The love of learning and a broad course of study creating background knowledge across grade levels (Preschool through 6th grade) are always on display at Greenbrier Core Knowledge Elementary. Artwork is everywhere: both classic examples of fine art and student creations of world masterpieces. Classic pieces of music are shared with our students at every grade. Classrooms and hallways overflow with project posters, dioramas, working models, and historical timelines. The tools of the trade are always in evidence - more like a living museum than anything else - so that our students can experience for themselves how the greatest ideas were first discovered and what these devices look like today: slide rule, abacus, calculator, hourglass, pendulum clock, and a spring loaded watch; and dictionaries, encyclopedias, and maps of every kind. Learning is the fundamental purpose of our school as we partner with our parents for the success of each Greenbrier student. A collaborative culture, creativity, emotional well being, physical fitness, critical thinking, and research based instructional strategies ensure the highest levels of student success. We encourage you to join our school! Jody J. Brammer, Principal Greenbrier Elementary School
June 20, 2013

Posted June 01, 2015
What an awesome school. Attended the year ending awards assembly and the school spirit was amazing. Kids had so much respect for their teachers, staff, and school. K-2 cheered for the 3-6 graders and vise versa. After 6 years at Greenbrier (K-5), our wants/needs/desires for our child to have a positive and meaningful experience with great results is right on track. This is why as a family, we open enrolled with Greenbrier even though many other schools are closer to us. The number of honor and principal list students was tremendous and there is no doubt in my mind that she will be more than ready for middle school, high school, and college. According to one feeder school, (Highland Lakes) Greenbrier's kids score among the highest consistently when arriving from 6th grade and entering their school. Thank you for all you do Greenbrier. Keep up the great work! A proud parent

Posted April 30, 2015
This school does not deserve any stars. This school has gone down hill in the past 5 yrs and is not getting any better. It needs to be shut down like it was suppose to be.

Posted March 03, 2015
This is a response to the parent who posted a comment on 3/2/15 with negative remarks about the school and Principal. I am an employee of the school and would like people to know that, as always, there are two sides to every story. Without going into specifics to rebut this parent s comments, I have firsthand knowledge about remarks this parent has made which are not factual and were not substantiated by any other parents, students or staff. This parent has been disgruntled and I have seen the Principal attempt to discuss concerns with her in a very professional manner for several weeks to no avail. The staff and Principal at Greenbrier treat our parents and students with care and respect.

Posted March 02, 2015
This school is horrible. I had many issues which the principle seemed not to care what so ever. From bulling down to then actually putting there have on not one but both my children. I actually wake up abd witnessed the grabbing my autistic son very forcefully by the arm, Which then resulted me in pulling my kids out of that school. I have major concern about the kids safety here. I have seen and heard about fight where no teacher breaking them up. I should of know when they made me sign a paper saying the had a padded room. The principle clams to have a special ED degree is apparently just for show. Because she had no people skills or concern for the kids. Please beware... Sincerely one concerned mother of an autistic child.

Posted August 12, 2014
Greenbrier welcomed my son thru open enrolment. The office staff were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. My son's teacher made him feel welcome and the result is a very happy little boy at the end of the day. The school has the feeling of a private school with good security. You can drop your child off with peace of mind knowing he will be happy and safe until you collect him!

Posted July 16, 2014
If you are looking for an Excellent Elementary School you found it! We've been at Greenbrier thru open enrollment for six years headed into our seventh and last sadly. Our Principal is Awesome, the Teachers are Fantastic, and Staff is supportive. We wouldn't have our children go anywhere else! Check it out, visit, you'll see what I mean.

Posted May 31, 2014
Greenbrier is going GLOBAL! Come check out our school. Enroll in an education program that will keep your child motivated to go to school. The Core Knowledge Program, Not to be confused with Common Core, is outstanding and well worth it for a sequential source of learning.

Posted February 23, 2014
My children have been attending Greenbrier on open enrollment for the last 5 years. We have had nothing but positive experiences! The teachers are dedicated to providing their students with quality education while fostering a positive learning environment. Greenbrier will continue to be school of choice!

Posted February 06, 2014
Both of my kids went to this school. The longer I stayed there, the more I realize how bad this school was. The principal her self was a dishonest person. They didn't care about giving students a quality education, they are just there to baby sit and collect their pay check.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 26, 2014
Barro's Pizza Spirit Night was wonderful. Very well run, excellent food and great drawing prizes. Everyone was welcomed and Greenbrier Pride was evident. Good Job!

Greenbrier Elementary School
6150 W. Greenbriar Dr., Glendale, AZ  85308
Last modified Greenbrier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenbrier Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top