Glendale, AZ

Posted August 25, 2014
Wow where to begin long story short we finally pulled our kids out of this dump! Every year there is a huge turnover in teachers. That is a big enough red flag, as well as teachers just quitting or getting fired. This school is so unorganized. The office staff is not much better. This school was in danger of being shut down and it should be!

Posted May 28, 2014
I have been very impressed with the office staff , teachers and the administration . They have an attitude of going above and beyond for kids. Band and art and the STEM classes are great additions to the school choice. A variety of students attend Hertiage and all seem to get along.

Posted May 28, 2014
I have been teaching at Heritage for 15 years. I consider this school my family and I wouldn't change it for the world. School is what you make of it and those students and parents who get involved enjoy Heritage tremedously! I am proud to be a Heritage teacher!!

Posted February 06, 2014
A La Paloma sister school in Williams, AZ, Heritage Elementary, allows serious bullying and I know that Ms Janes did not respond to a parent that contacted her regarding it. The principal at Heritage is allowing police report worthy bullying. I know of two parents who pulled out their children from the school this week. However, La Paloma Academy's Ms Janes mentioned to a blog reporter that they expel kids, kids that came from the public schools, Paloma keeps them 100 days and expels them. And well to quote the blog directly: ' the district school won't get any state money for the rest of the year. La Paloma keeps it all.' This makes me understand now why they allow the bullying to go on. I think school districts and the state should be made aware of this, because there is many a parent who can testify to the bullying their children have suffered under a La Paloma Academy school. No homework because it lowers the kids esteem is their excuse. No real history is taught in many classes. Homeschool co-op in the area is far far better.

Heritage School 3

Posted September 25, 2012
I have gone to this school for my K through 7th grade 2003-2012 it's average school their but if you are looking at a educator point of view most of these teachers are great! of course you will get a couple bad ones. The kids there well...their is always a bad group and a good group and there is bound to be fights every now and than and trouble but if your kid is smart enough he will stay away:) the staff their they seem like there family and there great people ! overall I had good years here and learned a lot from street smart and book smart have a great time if you come here:)

Posted July 06, 2011
When my family relocated to Glendale after Thanksgiving 2010 I was really excited for my 2 girls to start here after reading the reviews. WOW, we were all EXTREMELY dissapointed! There is absolutely NO structure or rules followed here! The 5th grade teacher was the most unorganized and clueless teacher I have ever dealt with. No homework was given because, "there were budget cuts so we aren't allowed to make copies for homework!" What a joke! I researched homework papers on the WEB & printed them from home every night for both of my kids. This school is full of foul mouthed punks that do nothing but pick fights, as well as disrespectful parents who don't care! I personally witnessed a parent hit a student that was not their child & when I asked the principal about this she informed me she'd look into it. It happened again & nothing was done. My 1st grader was so advanced compared to the rest of her class that her teacher had her sit in the back of the room & color instead of giving her something challenging to do! According to the principal, they don't want students to fall behind so they basically lower their standards to make sure everyone is equal!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!

Posted April 09, 2010

Heritage School 0

Posted June 16, 2009
I am impressed with the Kindergarten curriculum and teachers. Kindergarten students are learning at a higher level.

Heritage School 0

Posted April 01, 2009
The teachers at Heritage are out of this world. You would not believe how much they honestly care about your child. I just can't say enough about this school they are just wonderful and they honestly promote good strong values. My daughter is in 8th grade this year and I am sorry to be leaving this wonderful staff. Thank you for all you have done for our daughter.

Posted August 06, 2008
When my son started heritage he was noticeable lacking primary education. Partnering up with his teachers we got him back on track. Education is not just the teachers responsibility it is also the parents. Heritage involves the parents in their childrens education!

Heritage School
5312 W Mountain View, Glendale, AZ  85302
Last modified Heritage School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top