Posted November 14, 2014
Mr Pack is the best papa ever because she so nice And she always helpful she can always fix bad thing she won't let get bad grade

Hillcrest Middle School 4

Posted May 01, 2014
The principals, office staff, counselor and nurse are rude and rarely do their jobs. Like the principal you'll see her either in her office or yelling at kids to called there patents 5 minutes after school got out. The assistant principal you rarely see and if you do see is walking around with another terrible staff member. But as the rest if the reviews say, great teachers and education.

Posted April 14, 2014
this school has awsome some staff. there ed was some of the best ive seen.they need there students to behave a bit better but for the most party good.

Posted December 21, 2013
So many great opportunities for kids at this school. Clubs, sports, Spanish, STEM, advanced and high school credit classes. Many award winning teachers. So glad I sent my kids there.

Posted September 23, 2013
I love Hillcrest so far! I am currently in 7th grade taking mostly advanced classes. The teachers are great and I love all of my classes so far especially STEM. I enjoy working for HMSTV and the Digital Nest and am looking forward to participating in the First Lego League this year. If I had to say one thing my school could improve on, it would be communication.

Hillcrest Middle School 1

Posted December 13, 2012
Ive put two students through Hillcrest, and was shocked at the change in attitude there compared to the elementary schools in the distgrict. I felt the administration spent alot of time and effort in "discipline" which involved students being written up for hugging (two males who crossed paths...this was considered inappropriate). They once gathered my son and others together to tell them they must straighten up. I felt they were being singled out, taken from their classes for this, and labeled "bad". Other parents told me it would be much better when they got to high school, and it was. I feel I shouldn't have put my kids through the Hillcrest experience.

Hillcrest Middle School 3

Posted March 23, 2012
Please ignore this review. I had written several lengthy ones only to realize that the one before it would get deleted, so I'll make this short if one still wishes to read this. I am currently an 8th grader attending this school. Pros: -Wide variety of activities -Advanced course for all academic classes and Honors for select math courses -Uses friendly competition in groups called "teams" -Police officers are at school to keep safety in check and as a percaution Cons: -Almost no field trips (to gain real-life experience) -Horrible overall school organization in MANY parts -Teachers have only been recently trained to teach Adv Sci. And S.S. And other new programs such as STEM. -Many teachers aren't very focused on what tactics are actually effective to guide the students to learn, resulting in a massive display of uninterest. This is of my own opinion. I am an 8th grader and do go to this school, so I guess I shouldn't be too hard on it. Before a person says that better students and blahblah, I do want to mention that I am in all Adv. Classes and in Geometry 1-2 H, take Spanish and band and am in NJHS, but I have normal friends who are average and they all agree with me.

Hillcrest Middle School 3

Posted January 18, 2012
Please define "bad" kids. (Directed at the post May 3, 2011) I just want to point out that kids at this age are going through ALOT of growing pains. Some kids will make poor choices and will end up facing the consequences for thier actions. The way that these situations are dealt with by the teachers and administration will make or break a student. I have had personal experience with my child making a poor choice at Hillcrest. *-By no means is my child a "bad" kid.-* Hillcrest could definitely use some improvement in the area of student/teacher/administration interaction. My understanding is that if you are in the field of teaching, you are there to improve the quality of a child's life. If I have mispelled or have made any gramatical errors, please don't judge me, this was not written to be graded. My hat goes off to the teachers who do wake up in the morning; ready to make a difference. You know who you are.

Posted May 03, 2011
Too bad the parent that complained about Hillcrest being "horrible" doesn't know how to spell. Hillcrest is an excellent school and complainers usually have the bad kids and like blaming others for their problems.

Hillcrest Middle School 1

Posted April 26, 2011
Horrible school. Horriable communication between staff and parents, some of the staff act like kids themselves, most of the teachers don't teach but rather refer to internet access. Don't send your kids here.

Hillcrest Middle School
22833 N. 71st Ave., Glendale, AZ  85310
Last modified Hillcrest Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillcrest Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top