Bad
Good

Independence is great! I'm currently a sophomore and my experience here has been terrific! I love my peers and teachers!

I attended Independence High School as a freshmen for year 2011-12. My experience in that school was great! Freshmen year is forever a memorable memory for me. The staff, teachers, and students are wonderful. There's so much extra activities to sign up for. Dance, robotics, French club, stomp dancing, all kinds of engineering, and year book club. You can even sign up for before school classes and even get an extra class for after school. Teachers are there to help you if your having difficulties understanding something, or just having problems at home. Also, I know many kids are concerned with cafeteria food. Well at Independence it's so good! They have many choices, and if you get tired of the food they have candy, chips, and soda machines. Their breakfast is delicious as well. God, I miss their food. I think Independence is an excellent school.

I Love IHS I love the teachers they are there when you need them, there are a lot of after school activities too! yeah you have a jerk here and there but for the most part everyone gets along. I have been attending for 3 years and i recommend it to everyone

As a class of 2006 graduate I believe that the extracurricular activities are excellent. The teachers are very committed to student success and are willing to work with students who are struggling. The accelerated and AP programs are awesome and I found them to be very rewarding and intellectually stimulating. While I do believe that safety is an issue to be addressed the school as a whole is awesome.

It is a great school that is fun for everyone.

It is a great school that is fun for everyone there.

It is a great school that is fun for everyone there.

I've attended Independence for 3 years now and loved everyday of it. everybody pretty much gets along, but still have their moments at times. This school is a great place to be and i recomend it to all who wanna have a good time and get out of there shell.

I feel this school has become an academic haven, surrounded by other poorly performing schools. The administration has shown great leadership and high expectations for achievement. The teachers are trained and supported in this same approach: ALL KIDS CAN AND SHOULD LEARN AND THIS SCHOOL MAKES THE DIFFERENCE. Thank you, Independence High School!

My daughter has really enjoyed her freshman year at Independence. Her teacher's have really been helpful and encourage communication with parents. A big thank you to the teachers at Independence.

Last modified Independence High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.