K-8 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Kachina Elementary School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 30, 2015
School psychologist serving 2011-2012 school year, he did care about kids and their development as well as parents.

Kachina Elementary School 2

Posted October 30, 2015
Although teachers really do care about kids the treatment we got from the principal lacked the support we as parents expected, she will basically not hear ANY concern and blame us for everything. School psychologist needs more involvement as well.

Posted September 27, 2015
I have been so impressed with the administration and all the faculty I have had the pleasure of meeting. I now have two sons at Kachina and they are thriving. I am so happy we transferred here this year.

Posted March 22, 2015
Kachina is a great school that offers a plethora of resources and supports for their students. My child has attended Kachina since the kindergarten and she is doing so well. The teachers she has had have been incredible and truly care about her success and overall welfare.

Posted February 02, 2014
Kachina is a very caring school to the students/parents and staff. We treat everyone like family and give respect to everyone! When you come on the grounds of Kachina you automatically see the family feeling as you will be greeted with smiles and offers to help you find what you are needing! Always helpful and genuine! Kachina has wonderful teachers/aides and Administration!

Posted January 29, 2014
I am proud parent of two children. My son graduated from 8th grade last year and my daughter is currently in the 3rd grade here at Kachina. I love this school... from the academic rigor, differentiated instruction, family PTSO events, technology integration, athletics, arts, elective choices, after-school programs, great communication, all the way to the friendly front office staff to the leadership team...! I know that my children have received and are receiving a quality education preparing them for a successful future. I know why this school has an "A" rating by the AZ Department of Education, not only do they demonstrate the growth and academic achievement results but they also support the whole family. I heard that they are going to enhance their programs by offering World Languages as an option for next year as well, allowing both students and/or parents to be able to choose a foriegn language to enhance their learning experiences. Wow! Way to go Kachina!

Posted January 29, 2014
Kachina is a home away from home. It is an evironment for students to get a fabulous education, as well as, a nuturing setting. The teachers and staff are kind and caring yet structured and strong.

Posted July 07, 2013
The leadership and teachers at Kachina Elementary are highly supportive of each student and dedicated to their individual success in school. They work with students in amazing ways to nurture their student's self-esteem while instilling the love of learning. They set high academic standards (A-Rated) and still make learning fun for the kids. Kachina is a great option over a charter school, which was where my son attended prior to Kachina.

Posted December 05, 2012
All of the teachers that I have met are so dedicated and committed to their students. The teachers are not only paying attention to their students but genuinely care about them to take the time to really get to know them. Even the music teacher that sees Kaydence once a week has mentioned to me, Kaydence is quite the vocalist. Keep up the great work! The fact that so many staff members address my daughter by name clearly demonstrates their commitment to their students. From you the leaders of the school to the crossing guards, nothing but smiles. ALL THE TIME! I feel that the smiles really set the tone for the environment and attitude of the day. Smiling at work = you love what you do = you are great at what you do = each student WINS! Our family s experience here at Kachina has been anything but ordinary and nothing less of superlative! I couldn t ask for better, more passionate, dedicated or hardworking teachers for my children. Minnesota has sure got some pretty big shoes to fill and thanks to you, my standards have been set pretty high. Thank you so much for all that you do, the late hours you put in and having the ability to wear a smile amidst the noise of all those kids!

Kachina Elementary School 3

Posted October 30, 2009
While as a parent I see little help for students that are struggling. Some of the teachers take great care in making sure that parents receive needed information while others depend mostly on the child. I currently have two children attending and this is their second year staggered. I had to send them to another district just to get my daughter an IEP as well as some assistance with her O.H.I and 504 plan. I personal am studying to be a teacher and realize the impact a teacher has on a class. My hope is that the principal will commit to what he says.

Kachina Elementary School
5304 West Crocus, Glendale, AZ  85306
Last modified Kachina Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kachina Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top