Bad
Good

We Love this Las Brisas Elementary School! The teachers and office staff are Awesome! :) My kids Love their teachers!

I've had one son that has graduated, another that still attends. After reading reviews I notice a trend that is true. Reference to the Oct 2013 review, I too am a father and have found that office personal posses favoritism toward moms. Although they falsely claim to be fair and equal, I assure you they're not. My kids mother doesn't live within the deer valley district, yet the office personal allowed her to alter student info to living outside the district without notifying me. When I discover and exercise legal right to correct info according to decree, the admin staff was uncooperative and insist they must inform the mother before any changes are allowed. Speaking with other father's I've heard similar difficulties, specifically with the principals secretary. Most teachers are great within the public school restrictions of required "teaching to the test" (AIMS). Although two teachers of 3rd grade are more focused on militarily practicing authority instead of actual teaching with care. When will people learn kids are more eager to learn when they are happy in the classroom? Hopefully the new principal will establish genuine gender equality for parents.

This school i use to go to last year but i moved but its the BEST school ever i love it because all the teachers are nice and all that ans its by mountains i love mountains

We have had two children go through Las Brisas, and our third child just finished his Fourth Grade year. What a difficult year! The classroom was way too crowded. There were 35 children in that room and the district or the school (I'm not sure which) refused to get a new teacher for the grade. It made things very tough on the teachers and students alike. I agree with a parent in an earlier comment about not expecting to hear any communication from this Principal. And that might be for the best as she does not possess tact or interpersonal skills to deal with parents anyway. Fortunately for Las Brisas, she has finally decided to retire. We as parents, and several teachers to whom we are close, look forward to a new era at Las Brisas with a new Principal. The teachers at this school have done a wonderful job in spite of their circumstances.

My kids attended Las Brisas a couple years ago, and they loved it! However, teachers are moved around quite frequently at the time and I have heard that it has not changed in that respect. However, for kindergarten and first grade we found it stellar! Staff cared a great deal about the children. When my little ones went in for tonsil surgery the teachers checked in on how they were doing. I felt this was a great school. As I have family and friends still in the area attending. Its a good school.

The cafeteria is nasty. We were there for a play and the ceiling tiles are dirty, broken, and falling down. There is an inch of dust on the speakers. Disgusting. Teacher quality varies tremendously from great to poor. There is a complacent attitude and the level of learning is not geared towards student needs or is it challenging. Great parents and kids attend here that is for sure. They deserve better.

We moved to Arizona n July of 2012 and started school in Mesa. We moved to the Deer Valley district in June of 2013. Comparatively speaking, Deer Valley has less Staff Development days than Mesa did. My daughter had early release once a week for staff development instead of once a month like in Deer Valley. I was pleased with this but do still believe staff devel. is important. I have nothing but great things to say about Las Brisas so far. Mrs. Brown (1st grade teacher) is top notch!

I am actually trying to move to get in district for Las Brisas. We've been there 2 years n have been very pleased. Teachers are wonderful and administration has been helpful n friendly as well. With any school kids attend, I'm sure there's a few teachers who aren't as great as others. We r glad to be a part of the las brisas family and we help out once a week in class as well! It's wonderful!

..I'm a father whom is having difficulty placing my kids in school at las brisas elementary in Phoenix Arizona. unfortunately the kids mother chose nit to place my name on the birth certificates. don't know why other than spite ..I have custody of my kids...in fact child protective services gave them to me due to mother having open cops cases that the case manager thought it's best that I take them due to mother informing case manager despite the birth certificates not having me on the certificates that I am truly the father of them both. school districts wishes not to help ..even with a notorized power of attorney in which mother has signed over to my fiance and myself ..mother is without living space to take care of the kids...and I've been with them all their lives..we have talks mother into signing birth certificates over to us and still...they show bitterness and refuse to help. I even had the police called on my fiance and I after respectfully trying to ask principle to help resolve ...but refused to give us help

We moved into the school's boundaries and my son started at Las Brisas half way through his 1st grade year. We have had such a great experience so far. The teacher communication is great and so organized. I actually feel like I have a role in his education instead of feeling left out. He says he like it better than he old school and everyone is so nice, kids and staff. So happy with the school! I feel a bit needs to be said about the "half days" comment made. Half days is a district policy not the school itself. We enjoy the few days they have half days, gives us some one on one time.

Last modified Las Brisas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.