Las Brisas Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2014
We have had two children go through Las Brisas, and our third child just finished his Fourth Grade year. What a difficult year! The classroom was way too crowded. There were 35 children in that room and the district or the school (I'm not sure which) refused to get a new teacher for the grade. It made things very tough on the teachers and students alike. I agree with a parent in an earlier comment about not expecting to hear any communication from this Principal. And that might be for the best as she does not possess tact or interpersonal skills to deal with parents anyway. Fortunately for Las Brisas, she has finally decided to retire. We as parents, and several teachers to whom we are close, look forward to a new era at Las Brisas with a new Principal. The teachers at this school have done a wonderful job in spite of their circumstances.

Las Brisas Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2014
My kids attended Las Brisas a couple years ago, and they loved it! However, teachers are moved around quite frequently at the time and I have heard that it has not changed in that respect. However, for kindergarten and first grade we found it stellar! Staff cared a great deal about the children. When my little ones went in for tonsil surgery the teachers checked in on how they were doing. I felt this was a great school. As I have family and friends still in the area attending. Its a good school.

Las Brisas Elementary School 2

Posted December 22, 2013
The cafeteria is nasty. We were there for a play and the ceiling tiles are dirty, broken, and falling down. There is an inch of dust on the speakers. Disgusting. Teacher quality varies tremendously from great to poor. There is a complacent attitude and the level of learning is not geared towards student needs or is it challenging. Great parents and kids attend here that is for sure. They deserve better.

Las Brisas Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2013
We moved to Arizona n July of 2012 and started school in Mesa. We moved to the Deer Valley district in June of 2013. Comparatively speaking, Deer Valley has less Staff Development days than Mesa did. My daughter had early release once a week for staff development instead of once a month like in Deer Valley. I was pleased with this but do still believe staff devel. is important. I have nothing but great things to say about Las Brisas so far. Mrs. Brown (1st grade teacher) is top notch!

Posted October 31, 2013
I am actually trying to move to get in district for Las Brisas. We've been there 2 years n have been very pleased. Teachers are wonderful and administration has been helpful n friendly as well. With any school kids attend, I'm sure there's a few teachers who aren't as great as others. We r glad to be a part of the las brisas family and we help out once a week in class as well! It's wonderful!

Las Brisas Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2013
..I'm a father whom is having difficulty placing my kids in school at las brisas elementary in Phoenix Arizona. unfortunately the kids mother chose nit to place my name on the birth certificates. don't know why other than spite ..I have custody of my kids...in fact child protective services gave them to me due to mother having open cops cases that the case manager thought it's best that I take them due to mother informing case manager despite the birth certificates not having me on the certificates that I am truly the father of them both. school districts wishes not to help ..even with a notorized power of attorney in which mother has signed over to my fiance and myself ..mother is without living space to take care of the kids...and I've been with them all their lives..we have talks mother into signing birth certificates over to us and still...they show bitterness and refuse to help. I even had the police called on my fiance and I after respectfully trying to ask principle to help resolve ...but refused to give us help

Posted December 12, 2012
We moved into the school's boundaries and my son started at Las Brisas half way through his 1st grade year. We have had such a great experience so far. The teacher communication is great and so organized. I actually feel like I have a role in his education instead of feeling left out. He says he like it better than he old school and everyone is so nice, kids and staff. So happy with the school! I feel a bit needs to be said about the "half days" comment made. Half days is a district policy not the school itself. We enjoy the few days they have half days, gives us some one on one time.

Las Brisas Elementary School 3

Posted May 10, 2012
I was excited to enroll my two kids this past year at Las Brisas (Deer Valley School District). However, I was very unhappy with all the 'half days" they had . It seems like staff development should take place over the summer so a child's education will not be interrupted. For the teachers, vacation and personnel time off for whatever reason should again be during the summer break or afterschool. Also, I am unhappy about the lack of math homework. Much emphasis is placed on reading and writing. There should be a balance of both!! I think the teachers I have encountered are wonderful people, I just wish the curriculum could be improved more!

Posted December 12, 2011
My kids say this is a 5 star school! They just started this year, and they love it!

Posted November 04, 2011
Las Brisas has been a wonderful school for our family. I have four children that all attend Las Brisas and look forward to going to school every day. Our experience has been a wonderful front office staff that is always helpful and courteous and teachers that genuinely take interest in our children's education, development and individual needs. Highly recommend.

Las Brisas Elementary School
5805 W. Alameda, Glendale, AZ  85310
Last modified Las Brisas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Las Brisas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top