Melvin E Sine School

Public | PK-8

Posted October 24, 2013

My School is very close parents and teachers work together like they should recommend this school for sure.

Posted August 22, 2013

Sine is a familiar school with very excellent environment the teachers are very grateful. Everything is excellent

Posted December 5, 2012

If you expect your child to receive any sort of medical attention while at school or receive a phone call regarding a serious injury, this school is not for your child. They will, however call you if their socks don't match they uniform code, call you if your child talks too much in class, or need you to leave work to bring in different shoes. And heaven forbid the nurse is away for any length of time, you can forget it....My daughter had an injury that required immediate medical attention and 2 of the 3 staff members that knew about it had seen it and never did one thing. Never sent her to the office or called me to come get her to get the medical attention she needed. This is completely unacceptable practice and this instance has not been the first time I have since found out after my daughter's experience.....This has to be the worst school or they have to have the most incompetent staff either way I would not reccomend this school at all, get a variance and send your child somewhere else!!!!!

Posted April 30, 2012

My principal is fantastic, the teachers are fabulous, the enviroment is beautiful, and if someone does something wrong, then that's the parents fault, in school the prinipal doesnt let you do it. The cafeteria teaches us to clean after ourselves, and the staff is friendly, and never scream at us. My school is like a family, and there is not any crazy people, like other schools.

Posted January 24, 2012

im at melvin right now, and im in 7th grade and kids my age(13) are SMOKING! that really suprised me! some kids offered my some weed?! and im not ruining me life so isaid NO! so besides that i like this school!<3

Posted May 11, 2011

The worst school I have EVER been to and I have been to over 10 since kidergarten and I'm only in 6th grade. Don't EVER take your children there! I would rather drive 10 miles to a better school then walking across the street to this one.

Posted March 25, 2011

Best school for kids with Autism. Our child loves going there every day. He's also made great progress and strides with the excellant staff.

Posted August 12, 2010

Terrible school. I've had kids going here for 12 years and it's gotten progressively worse. The office staff is the most rude I've ever experienced anywhere. Far more interested in socializing that helping students or parents. Teachers get no support from the administration. I know this since a few of the teachers are my personal friends. We're moving now to get our last 2 kids away from this place.

Posted May 25, 2010

this school is unwilling to spend the time on a child or the problems there teachers may have. I had to pull my child out and start him in k12

Posted May 8, 2010

I recently moved to the Glendale area in Aug. 2009, & have found the kids to be extremely nice & welcoming!! I have met several students doing Fundraisers & have had several families Welcome us into the community. We came from the Maryvale area, where NO one said Hello, Hi , How you doing! This area is so friendly, as I'm sure the kiddos are too, that I've met.

Posted April 25, 2010

I love this shool I will miss this school am in the 8th grade I feel that this school can change a life.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 7, 2010

This school is terrible. I am moving just to get my son out of this school and the district. The vice principal is rude. The office staff is rude. Everyone in that school seem to be more concerned with socializing with each other than the well being of any student. My son is in K. He has had 2 teachers because the first was so horrible I asked to have him moved. Unfortunately, the 2nd teacher is just as bad. They are a closed campus until 2:45 when it's time to pick up the students then they don't even question who's picking up the kids. I had my father pick up my son and the teacher didn't even question it. There are more story's like this but I will just end with this; if you have a choice, do not send you kids to this school!!!

Posted November 5, 2009

Sine School is a awesome school.I am a 7th Grader there.I have been there since Kinder.The sports teams are really good there,And getting better.The Special Classes are starting to go down the drain ( as they are getting cut with the money problems).Then,The Middle School teachers Can be a pain sometimes.Also,The new Principal Ms.Hill Is Awesome.I am Also in the Student Council.I Am the Treasurer At Sine.I am Good at my Job.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 20, 2009

This school is one of the best I have ever had to chance to enroll my kids in. My 15 yr old graduated there last year, and had a LOT of health and learning issues. The team of Ms. Grey, Ms. Hines, ans Ms. Parker (and she will be missed, but I'm sure she will do a great job at William C Jack) was great . The other people in the office and in the LD department are wonderful too. Out of the 3 yrs, Josh was there, we only had problems with 2 teachers and each problem was handled quickly and effectively (including the immediate dismissal of one who put his and other students lives in danger) My daughter just started this year in Kindergarten and Ms Yokley is a great teacher, while her brother is in 4th with Ms. Ira (another Great Teacher)

Posted February 27, 2007

I have a child who started music classes last year. He was very excited about it as was I. Then this year, there's a new teacher who is making my child miserable in class. He now wants to quit which breaks my heart.

Posted April 11, 2006

I love Sine school. Ms.Parker is wonderful. She is educated really knows how to talk to the children.

Posted September 6, 2005

The music and arts programs are fine I had two childerne atten this school and both liked the environment. The teacher communication is also good. The student teacher ratio is a bit high beside sthat a great school.

Posted February 16, 2005

For the mixed demographics, over crowded classrooms and low budget, this school provides a decent education and good discipline.

Posted November 30, 2004

I am not at all pleased with the education my 5th grader is receiving at Sine. He was in honor classes at his old school ( a school with higher test scores), but the administration would not even test him at Sine. His teacher told me that the admin. doesn't listen to teacher's suggestions in this area. As a result my son is bored, his grades are dropping and he is getting into fights (being one of 4 'white' kids in class doesn't help either). He constantly tells me how bored he is, he just isn't challenged and doesn't care anymore. Education is about challenging kids to better, but this school lets them slip through the 'cracks'.

Posted May 5, 2003

My child is just finishing her second year at Sine and I am more than pleased with the exceptional education she is receiving. Her kindergarten teacher has to be one of the best in the State. I was most impressed with how much the ESL children that were in the English Immersion program progressed through the year. I am sad to see that the Dual Language program may be falling by the wayside. I look forward to her continuing at Sine and her younger brother starting. If the education she received in grades K-1 are any indication of the rest of her years through grade 6th she will definitely be far above the 'national average'. Also, Sine has the nicest lunch room staff. They truly care about the children and do everything within their power to make sure the food tastes good and that the children are enjoying their lunch and breakfast. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who has children of school age.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 90%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (623) 237-4415

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now