Bad
Good

Melvin E Sine School 2

Posted April 15, 2015
My daughter went to school in the 6th grade, she is now in college. Now my 2 grandsons, which i have custody of, have gone here since kindergarten, they are now in the 4th and 6th grade. This school and staff has gone down hill since my daughter went there. They punish kids for telling the truth. The teachers this year, nit pick on every move the kids make. When I want to go up there to supervisor my grandson, not the class or teacher. I have to make an appointment. WHY??? What do they have to hide??? Any parent should be able to go in an observe what their child is learning and behaving at any time. If any parents have a busy schedule as I do, you would understand, I don't see where the problem lays being able to go visit your kids class room for a short amount of time. I already had to go part time at work, just to be able to spend time with them and help them with their school work due to not enough patience and time the teachers can give them. And I did advise the teacher I would be coming in to observe my son in class on Wednesdays after I get the rest of my errands done. We are transferring schools next year.

Melvin E Sine School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
My School is very close parents and teachers work together like they should recommend this school for sure.

Melvin E Sine School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
Sine is a familiar school with very excellent environment the teachers are very grateful. Everything is excellent

Posted December 05, 2012
If you expect your child to receive any sort of medical attention while at school or receive a phone call regarding a serious injury, this school is not for your child. They will, however call you if their socks don't match they uniform code, call you if your child talks too much in class, or need you to leave work to bring in different shoes. And heaven forbid the nurse is away for any length of time, you can forget it....My daughter had an injury that required immediate medical attention and 2 of the 3 staff members that knew about it had seen it and never did one thing. Never sent her to the office or called me to come get her to get the medical attention she needed. This is completely unacceptable practice and this instance has not been the first time I have since found out after my daughter's experience.....This has to be the worst school or they have to have the most incompetent staff either way I would not reccomend this school at all, get a variance and send your child somewhere else!!!!!

Melvin E Sine School 5

Posted April 30, 2012
My principal is fantastic, the teachers are fabulous, the enviroment is beautiful, and if someone does something wrong, then that's the parents fault, in school the prinipal doesnt let you do it. The cafeteria teaches us to clean after ourselves, and the staff is friendly, and never scream at us. My school is like a family, and there is not any crazy people, like other schools.

Melvin E Sine School 3

Posted January 24, 2012
im at melvin right now, and im in 7th grade and kids my age(13) are SMOKING! that really suprised me! some kids offered my some weed?! and im not ruining me life so isaid NO! so besides that i like this school!<3

Posted May 11, 2011
The worst school I have EVER been to and I have been to over 10 since kidergarten and I'm only in 6th grade. Don't EVER take your children there! I would rather drive 10 miles to a better school then walking across the street to this one.

Melvin E Sine School 5

Posted March 25, 2011
Best school for kids with Autism. Our child loves going there every day. He's also made great progress and strides with the excellant staff.

Posted August 12, 2010
Terrible school. I've had kids going here for 12 years and it's gotten progressively worse. The office staff is the most rude I've ever experienced anywhere. Far more interested in socializing that helping students or parents. Teachers get no support from the administration. I know this since a few of the teachers are my personal friends. We're moving now to get our last 2 kids away from this place.

Posted May 25, 2010
this school is unwilling to spend the time on a child or the problems there teachers may have. I had to pull my child out and start him in k12

Melvin E Sine School
4932 West Myrtle Ave, Glendale, AZ  85301
Last modified Melvin E Sine School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.