Globe, AZ
After care: No

Posted August 18, 2014
I love this high school. However, the parental involvement, frankly, sucks. I have the greatest respect for the teachers, my kids love them. However, it is nearly impossible to teach a classroom full of kids when the kids themselves are disrespectful and disruptive. Cell phones, tablets, XBox and Playstation have taken over the home. As a volunteer, I see how some of these kids act, and it's appalling. Children need to be taught manners. And the games need to be put away in favor of some good old fashioned reading. Oh, and do not get me started on the need for a dictionary. Most kids have become too lazy to use the correct spelling or know the meaning of simplest terms. No, parents, this is not the school's fault, it is our fault for not enforcing good practices. And one student commented on sex education. Another thing we need to deal with not only at school or at home. But as long as we have girls who think sex for boys means "love" and boys who think of sex as a conquest, there are going to be babies. Open, honest discussions are needed. Learning it from the internet may come too late.

Globe High School 1

Posted August 04, 2014
This school should really focus on giving each of us, the students sex education. The graduates in 2013 so many of them are pregnant or has a child already even before graduating. The graduates last year 2014 so many of them were pregnant during school and during the graduation. This year there are already a few students who are pregnant in our senior class. It is so weird to see high school kids roaming around the halls with babies inside their stomach. When I was a junior everywhere I go there are someone pregnant and almost every month there is 1 to 2 pregnancy announcements on facebook and guess where they went or go to school at.... Globe High. I don't have anything against them, but I'm just saying that it doesn't look good for the school and the community when 16-19 years old kids are already pregnant or have kids. Even Mesa, Gilbert and Chandler people knows Globe High as the high school with so many pregnancy or pregnancy scares. I don't think this school will ever have a sex education class since we already have a shortage of good teachers, I'm just hoping they would do something about it.

Globe High School 2

Posted May 03, 2014
I am curious to see how GHS does on AIMS scores and what the school label will be when released this summer. I know that 2 years ago, when Rob Nelson, Dr. RIchard and Todd Bueche were principals the school had some good results and went from a D to a C. Then, after they left, it went right back down to a D again! Frustrating, I hope it goes back to a C this year or maybe even better.

Posted April 20, 2014
Globe High School has made progress the last two years towards improving the quality of education offered. The change in leadership at the school level and district level is building a culture of change and stability. Our child is enjoying school and the many activities offered to them. The addition of Friday School is helping students with tutoring and additional learning time. Teachers are spending their off time helping students which is a change in the culture of the school. I would like to thank the administrators and teachers for helping students in need and creating a culture for learning.

Globe High School 1

Posted November 24, 2013
So sad to see so many teachers posting their own review here. Oh wait they are not teachers, they are students told by a teacher to write a nice review on here. Shame shame shame! Anyways, I heard that the math teacher Cabreros is leaving to Maryland. Thank goodness I won't have her.. I heard she can barely speak English and doesn't teach at all. I wish more teacher would leave so Globe can get new and better teachers. GUSD needs to do more with their curriculum because us students are not being challenged.

Globe High School 3

Posted October 31, 2013
This school is an improving school, with a dedicated staff of teachers, administrators, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, custodians, office staff, and maintenance staff, all of whom have a single goal: to provide a quality education for the young people in Globe, Arizona.

Posted October 31, 2013
GHS is a school where teachers genuinely care about students and it shows. We have a group of students that go out of their way to make others feel welcome. Some folks here pick one student, or one incident and paint the whole school as a bad place. Everyone at GHS is working to help our students have a future. It is time for ALL the students and parents to start working towards the same goal.

Posted October 25, 2013
As of this Fall Session the academic bar continues to be raised by administration and the new Superintendent. Good progress is happening at Globe High School. With the onset of the Capturing Kids Hearts culture piece being implemented changes to both staff and student alike will help produce good citizens for the community. As a reminder broken wheels cannot be fixed over night, so look for steady progress over the next three years.

Posted October 24, 2013
Caring teachers and talented students. District and High School administrators genuinely care about all the programs and student excellence.

Posted October 24, 2013
I ve been at GHS for over a decade and have seen its ups and downs. This year the entire district seems to be on the right track. The focus is on improving academics and working on student character. We are still struggling to correct the wrongs done by past administrations but we can now see the light. GHS has a student body that, for the most part are friendly and outgoing. They truly care about each other and their teachers. This year s students who had to retake the AIMS was the smallest I have ever seen.

Globe High School
437 S High Street, Globe, AZ  85501
Last modified Globe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Globe High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top