Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Agree

This school offers after school tutoring during Tiger 40 time, additional after school tutoring and Friday school with a variety of programs designed to help all learners.

Effective school leaders: Agree

Strong Leadership Team, Teachers, and Support Staff. This school has created a culture of learning and student growth academically.

This school has made great strides in student achievement since the surprising unannounced departure of Dr. Richard on graduation night 2012.

This school had one AWESOME school year in 2012-2013 when Dr. Richard was the Principal., He started the Hall of Fame, and made it a fun place to be and got everyone passing their classes and doing better on AIMS.. Overall Globe is not bad, but that one year it was the best.

Globe is a very relaxed setting, both socially and academically. Most students here are very accepting of newcomers, and there is a small variety of clubs to join, sports to play, etc. In terms of education, Globe is in the process of trying to modernize through systems such as PBIS and the AZ Merit Test. Aside from that, classes can contain anywhere from 10-30 kids, depending on, of course, subject and difficulty. While most (general) courses are easy to pass, Globe is very understanding of underperformers, allowing them to make up credits during Friday school, and has multiple class periods set up specifically for those who need help. At the other end of the spectrum, it offers a (surprisingly) decent amount of dual-enrollment and,more rarely, AP classes. Teachers tend to be very gracious, often offering lunch or after-school hours for students to come in, though this behavior varies. In terms of Administration, both Principal Armenta and Vice-Principal Simmons are definitely very experienced, and act in a kind and respectful manner towards both students and parents. In short, GHS, while incomparable to a valley school, is still a decent, easy education.

Globe High School is an average school but it is very unique. It needs a few of improvements but it's a cool school!

Everything about this school is unsatisfactory. I am a gifted student, yet nothing more is done for us. We are promised that we can work ahead, but we are all sheep following our teachers with our our tails between our legs. With each week, I have more and more reluctance to go to Globe High School. Between the lazy staff, bullying peers, and pointless assignments, I have completely lost any dearness I ever may have held for this school.

I love this high school. However, the parental involvement, frankly, sucks. I have the greatest respect for the teachers, my kids love them. However, it is nearly impossible to teach a classroom full of kids when the kids themselves are disrespectful and disruptive. Cell phones, tablets, XBox and Playstation have taken over the home. As a volunteer, I see how some of these kids act, and it's appalling. Children need to be taught manners. And the games need to be put away in favor of some good old fashioned reading. Oh, and do not get me started on the need for a dictionary. Most kids have become too lazy to use the correct spelling or know the meaning of simplest terms. No, parents, this is not the school's fault, it is our fault for not enforcing good practices. And one student commented on sex education. Another thing we need to deal with not only at school or at home. But as long as we have girls who think sex for boys means "love" and boys who think of sex as a conquest, there are going to be babies. Open, honest discussions are needed. Learning it from the internet may come too late.

This school should really focus on giving each of us, the students sex education. The graduates in 2013 so many of them are pregnant or has a child already even before graduating. The graduates last year 2014 so many of them were pregnant during school and during the graduation. This year there are already a few students who are pregnant in our senior class. It is so weird to see high school kids roaming around the halls with babies inside their stomach. When I was a junior everywhere I go there are someone pregnant and almost every month there is 1 to 2 pregnancy announcements on facebook and guess where they went or go to school at.... Globe High. I don't have anything against them, but I'm just saying that it doesn't look good for the school and the community when 16-19 years old kids are already pregnant or have kids. Even Mesa, Gilbert and Chandler people knows Globe High as the high school with so many pregnancy or pregnancy scares. I don't think this school will ever have a sex education class since we already have a shortage of good teachers, I'm just hoping they would do something about it.

I am curious to see how GHS does on AIMS scores and what the school label will be when released this summer. I know that 2 years ago, when Rob Nelson, Dr. RIchard and Todd Bueche were principals the school had some good results and went from a D to a C. Then, after they left, it went right back down to a D again! Frustrating, I hope it goes back to a C this year or maybe even better.

Last modified Globe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.