Posted August 05, 2014
This school is horrible. My child went from an A- B student down to a D-F student in 2 years. The Middle school teachers dont care and play favorites. A lot of the teachers do nothing but yell at students while the misbehaved kids sit in the office on a chair during class time then return the next hour to disturb the class again. What a waste! My child is not liked by the male teacher so he failed my child. Yes, there is bullying at this school by the teachers!!!!! The principal could care less and one in particular of staff is just plain RUDE!!! WHAT A JOKE!!!! HORRIBLE, RUN!!!! RUN AWAY!!! D rated school WORSE SCHOOL EVER!!!

Posted February 17, 2013
My children attend Black Mountain and it has been my experience that the teachers, principal, and staff care very deeply for all students. At times all children struggle, my one son is no exception, and his teachers have been helpful and supportive with creative ideas to help him be successful. As another person wrote, it is our responsiblity as a parent(s/) / guardian to work with our children and if this means I come to school and help in the classroom, I make the time, even if it is only once a month. Parent support is so important for the success of students and the school. Truthfully speaking, if "you" and your child are this unhappy, it is sad to say, but maybe, Black Mountain is not the school for you. I love the school and this community. I also appreciate the principal taking time each week to send home an email news brief, and the teachers sending home a monthly newsletter, and the pto updating information on facebook, because I actually read them which helps me stay connected.

Posted November 13, 2012
Excellent staff and huge results with kids that need accomidations. Get your kids here! Fith graders learn to learn with respect. Well seasoned staff with creative styles that top the charts.

Posted November 07, 2012
I, too, am suspicious of teachers bullying the students. It seems as if they target a child and are determined to make that child fail. Teachers are supposed to be role models and mentor these children, that piece is most definitely missing. When a child walks out of school saying, "I feel like I'm a bad kid, but I didn't do anything wrong," there is a major problem. If they HAD done something wrong, they should have been COACHED on it. School is supposed to be a place of learning.

Black Mountain Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2012
My wife and I wonder what this March 23, 2012 review is about. Our son has been attending Black Mountain for 6 years (K - 5th) and while the education may not the best (not entirely the schools fault since they are told what books to use and have to follow the curriculum given to them. FYI: The State of AZ is near the bottom of the quality education list so it s not just Black Mountain) we don't know of any teachers who are "bullies". Our kid smiles and even his teachers joke with the class. Our son is a good student, he gets good grades, and we are involved with his education and the school (that s why he is a good student). The only "problems" my wife and I have seen are from those parents who do not participate with their children's education. Any school can only do so much they are NOT babysitters. It is up to the parents (guardians) to ensure their child is learning. When our son has problems we talk to him, the school, and his teacher to find out what can be done. This review reads to us as someone who is trying to find someone to blame for whatever problems their kid may be having. Education and good behavior starts at home. All we can say GET INVOLVED. Just our two cents.

Posted March 23, 2012
What a joke, if you child smiles to much or has a sense of humor or a imagination, they are micro managed, to forget it, set up for nothing but FAILURE, avoid this school at all COST. Teachers are crabby and will insult your child and then hide behind there authority, they are bullies!!!!!! If they can't CONTROL eveything about them they will make them feel like they are BAD!!. Lets get teachers that know how to teach, not just read the book and give answers, there is a whole lot more to teaching!!!!!. So lets find these teachers, in closing they rank way bellow on teaching,check it out.

Posted July 27, 2009
My grandson goes to this school. He is doing great and loves school. Miss Tiner and Ms. Chamberlain are fabulous teachers. They are patient and very good with the students.

Black Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted September 20, 2008
My twin grandsons go to Black Mountain and they love it. One has a special needs class that has helped him tremendously. They are both challenged by their teachers which they like. The harder they have to work the better they like it. Concerns have been dealt with promptly when both teacher and parent work together.

Black Mountain Elementary School 0

Posted September 07, 2008
So far so good. This is the first year for my son to go here. I really like the teacher and she is very attentive to my child.

Black Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2008
I am very happy with the improvements my child made once she started at Black Mountain. She peviously attended attended the other school in the area and I was always told that she was the top student in her class yet when I switched her to Black Mountain she was actually a little behind. The teachers are great and my daughter caught up and exceded.

Black Mountain Elementary School
3404 N. Santa Maria Road, Golden Valley, AZ  86413
Last modified Black Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Black Mountain Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top