Goodyear, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted October 17, 2013
Wildflower is a small school but a little Gem of a school. The staff and Principal have worked hard to get the school score up to a B, not just by pushing the aims test but by introducing new strategies and techniques to help the students improve. The plus of this school is that it is a neighborhood school and the availability of the teachers and enrichment programs makes it easier to get are kids more actively involved. Whether it is with art, music or sports the students have the opportunity to find there niche or just experience something new. Improvements I would like to see would be in the cosmetics of the school buildings and playgrounds, as the school is over 10 years old and is starting to show wear and tear. Also, more parent involvement which is very limited, more activities could be planned and implemented for our students if more parents would take an active role in volunteering.

Posted October 17, 2013
Wildflower is a wonderful school, Front desk staff are always friendly and very helpful and they always smile and have a great attitude. Principal is very helpful and is always willing to talk with parents. Teaching staff care about the children and they make learning their top priority. I am also kept up to date with my kids progress by phone and email. At anytime I want an in person meeting the staff make themselves available. The principal is Awesome and fair and really cares about her students. Currently I have 3 children attending this school and I am very happy with the school. When my son was in Mrs. Nuness class a few year ago she was the best teacher he ever had. Mrs. Nuness has a caring heart and great teaching method. The Principal is Wonderful and Shari Gray is a very caring and wonderful educator I am thankful for Ms Gray and Dr, McMillie.

Posted July 23, 2013
Wildflower is a fantastic school that has made an incredible turn around over the past 3 years under the direction of Dr. McMillie. My children have been "Wildcats" for 6 years and they have had some phenomenal teachers. Wildflower is a "Kids at Hope" school and the motto - "Everyone can Succeed No Exceptions" holds firm and true with the climate of the teachers and learners. My children (5th and 8th grade) made tremendous growth academically this pass year due to the dedication of their amazing teachers and my children's ability persevere. The school is small and unique. The office staff is kind and courteous. Always willing to answer any question and very supportive. The campus is clean and newly updated. My son was involved in Student Council and the council is award winning and focuses on Community Service. The school travels to D.C. and has an active NJHS charter. The SPED department is outstanding. The PTO is growing and needs parent volunteers. The campus is safe and provides a caring atmosphere. I highly recommend Wildflower School.

Posted November 03, 2012
Great neighborhood and school, the people are very friend and teachers are excellent. This area will be a great housing market before long, on of fastest growing area's. Banner is building a new facility here too!

Posted May 01, 2012
We love this school and the staff. Our children are learning so much and there is so much going on at this school. There are many after school activities including after school tutoring. They have sports and a drama club. My daughter is in band and she loves it. The standards are very high. We came from out of state and I was nervous that my kids would be bored. In fact they actually had some catching up to do!

Posted March 13, 2012
My children go to Wildflower School for 4 years now. I've loved this school from the beginning and each year they get better. The new principal is trying to get students and parents more involved in the school and I think she is doing a wonderful job. The staff there really care about the safety and education of our children. I have 1 more child that will be staring kinder in 2 years and he also will be going to Wildflower.

Posted September 11, 2011
I really like this school. The teachers and the principal are great. I think that they really care about the students. I feel that there is a lot of good communication between home and the school. On another note, I wish that some of the older posts here could be removed. It isn't fair to judge the school on what happened three years ago or more. The standards are very high and the staff expects a lot from students. I want my children to do well and learn. Students need to work hard and parents need to work hard with their children.

Posted July 21, 2011
When my son started Kindergarten, he was at a charter school in the area that had received 9/10 on this site. It was horrible there. The staff was rude, and the 5/6 year olds were taught in a very militant manner. Awful. We pulled him out after 2 months and moved him to Wildflower, which was only a few blocks away from our new home. The staff is amazing. The office staff knows who I am when I walk through the door, and they are always helpful and pleasant. His K teacher was outstanding. It was very evident she cared for her students, and I couldn't have picked a better teacher for my son. For some areas of improvement, I wish there were more opportunities for parents to get involved on the school level, not just helping out in the classroom. There aren't really any extra curricular activities for the younger kids, so those have to be supplemented with clubs not associated with the school.

Posted July 05, 2011
My kids really love this school. It is small and they get a lot of extra attention. The teachers really care about the kid. The front office staff is nice and efficient. It is clear that the staff really cares about student safety. I'm very happy to be able to send my kids to Wildflower School.

Posted June 28, 2011
This school has exceeded my expectations by far. I was a little concerned with the previous reviews, but I haven't had ANY of the same experiences. I have two children who attend Wildflower and have been there since Kinder. Every teacher has been amazing (and I have a high standard for education workers). My son had special needs in Kinder and 1st grade and is also a part of the gifted program. Both these programs are commendable, and serve to compliment the fantastic education experience they get. I don't mean to sound judgemental, but I noticed a lot of the poor reviews were older, and were poorly written. Perhaps the issues have since been resolved, or perhaps the parents didn't place a high enough value on education to work with their children at home. I've noticed a high correlation between the parents who take time to be involved in their child's education and the children who have positive educational experiences.

Wildflower School
325 S. Wildflower Drive, Goodyear, AZ  85338
Last modified Wildflower School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wildflower School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top