Goodyear, AZ

St John Vianney Catholic School 2

Posted June 14, 2014
We moved to Arizona in 2011 from the Midwest and I relied on these reviews in making my decision to send my kids here. I feel compelled to write a current review for future families. This school is VERY behind academically. Each grade seems a full year behind. Our first year there, my kids learned nothing. The second year, I saw their standardized test scores PLUMMET. Constant teacher turnover means no continuity. They let go great math teacher with 17 yrs at that school and replaced with gym teachers wife who had NO teaching degree or experience. It was a DISASTER. Almost all the students who sat for Catholic high school exam were required to take remedial summer math for TWO years as a requirement of acceptance. I checked with public school to see what their curriculum was for the grades my children were in and we were WAY behind what they were doing. I finally moved my kids to another Catholic school and found that they were more than a year behind in all subjects. I have since run into many families who also made the move from SJV and they say their kids are still having problems 3-4 yrs later because of how far behind they were when they moved. SJV is good for ESL families.

Posted June 09, 2011
My children have been attending St John Vianney for several years. This has the best decision for my family. The faculty and staff are competent, caring and provide each student a well-rouded education. Parents want to be involved due to the welcoming atmosphere of the school. SJV is very fortunate to have the daily presence of two religious orders: Salesian sisters and Holy Cross priests. I highly recommend St. John Vianney!

Posted May 30, 2011
I have three children attending Saint John Vianney and I can honestly say that it is the best decision that I could have made for them. They are challenged academically and I appreciate how their teachers care for them. You just don't get this one-on-one attention in other schools. The combination of the Saleisian Sisters and Holy Cross priests make this school one of a kind! If you are even considering SJV for your kids, I encourage you to come to the campus and check it out. You will not be sorry.

St John Vianney Catholic School 4

Posted March 07, 2011
We have much to thank the Lord for! Our school recently went through the Accreditation process and was rated highly effective with Catholic Identity noted as a strength! This goes to show everyone that when we trust in God and work hard incredible things can happen! Kudos to the awesome faculty and staff for their commitment to Catholic Education. Way to Go folks and celebrate your great accomplishments! Praise the Lord!

St John Vianney Catholic School 0

Posted March 20, 2010
I am overall happy with the school my child has learned more than I every could have imagined from read-writing and the religious education. I am a little concerned about the implication-emphasis that the school has in regards to Latino families being left out. The principal has started a Latino parents group. I think that will divide the school rather than unite.

Posted February 26, 2010
The academics here are outstanding! I feel so blessed to have my children here. The middle school program i absolutely phenomonal! I love the fact that they have 'electives'. This school is a very close knit school and has a true Catholic identity! We are blessed to have Holy Cross Fathers & Salesian Sisters here.

St John Vianney Catholic School 4

Posted January 26, 2010
SJV is a very good school for our family. Our kids are thriving and the entire atmosphere provides the environment for all students to succeed. The Salesian Sisters model positivity and help the students learn Catholic values. The school's benchmarking and standardized test score improvements demonstrate a faculty that is going above and beyond to help our children learn.

Posted December 11, 2009
The entire academic experience is excellent at SJV. From the things you can measure (test scores, benchmark results, participation) to the things you can't (sense of community, encouragement for all students to achieve, character building) SJV receives top marks! We are in our 2nd yr at SJV. Due to job transfers, we can compare SJV to 3 other schools in the past 5 yrs. SJV is our clear favorite. My children themselves give testimonials all the time. These are true: My daughter was preparing to put some of her birthday money in the bank, but she handed half to me and said she wanted to use it towards her tuition. She said she was so grateful that she could attend SJV that she wanted to contribute. My son recently commented that he felt bad for a classmate who had to miss 2 days of school, because he LOVES to go school!

Posted December 09, 2009
My students have attended St. John Vianney since Septemer 2006. We love St. John Vianney. It is an awesome school. Our ITBS scores this year are incredible. All teachers follow diosecan standards and we have many sucessful alumni. Well worth the cost.

St John Vianney Catholic School 1

Posted September 04, 2009
Administration and a few teachers are pulling down a school with a lot of potential.

St John Vianney Catholic School
539 East La Pasada Boulevard, Goodyear, AZ  85338
Last modified St John Vianney Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John Vianney Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top