Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I have had 4 children attend Desert Star over the past 10 years and have always been pleased with the school's expectations of my kids. The have all excelled in a variety of areas and have gone on to high school well prepared and were able to excel there as well. We will always have fond memories of the great staff at Desert Star - especially Ms. Largent! Thank you for expecting the best from my kids!

Develops character: Agree

The cafeteria has 6. Pillars of character painted on the walls. The kids receive awards based on these traits. The teachers encourage good character every day.

Desert School is a wonderful school. My son is excited to go to school each day. I'm very impressed with his progress. All of the teachers and staff are caring and concerned about all students.

Desert Star is an awesome school that really cares about their students! I have two children that attend Desert Star and their teachers work so hard to help them reach their goals and to be successful! They make learning fun and provide a safe comfortable place to learn.

I have two children that attend Desert Star. I love the friendly and warm atmosphere at the school and I believe it is a safe and nurturing environment for my children. Everyone is always friendly and helpful. I do wish they were offered more electives and that the class sizes were smaller, but overall, we have been very happy with Desert Star.

I have two children that attend Desert Star and our experience has been very positive. The teachers work very well together and my children are receiving an excellent education. Both of my children love to read and that is because Desert Star has made it enjoyable for them.

I have had all my 3 kids attend Desert Star and have always found the staff very helpful and outstanding. They go out of their way to make sure that my kids are cared for and are always checking in with me through emails, newsletters, phone calls as well as keeping their websites updated. I also love that I can check my kids grades on PowerSchool.

My two kids have been attending Desert Star for over 6 years. They both have had wonderful teachers who take the time to get to know them on a personal level. As the travel through the grades I notice the amount of rigor increasing. It is obvious that the teachers and all the staff work hard to make this school a great place to learn and grow.

My daughter LOVES Desert Star. She has an amazing teacher! The school maintains a strong focus on student achievement and offers many services for students. They have interventions during the day and after school. They also offer extracurricular clubs, sports, and activities. Parents are welcome to participate in many ways. The parent pick up runs smoothly now that it has been renovated.

At Desert Star, we work very hard to help students achieve academic success, as well as support them in other aspects of their lives. We are very open to parent and community involvement, especially if there are changes you'd like to see. Many staff members are proud bring our children here as well. We love Desert Star and want to help every child be successful.

Last modified Desert Star is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.