Goodyear, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted January 08, 2014
Desert School is a wonderful school. My son is excited to go to school each day. I'm very impressed with his progress. All of the teachers and staff are caring and concerned about all students.

Posted October 20, 2013
Desert Star is an awesome school that really cares about their students! I have two children that attend Desert Star and their teachers work so hard to help them reach their goals and to be successful! They make learning fun and provide a safe comfortable place to learn.

Posted October 10, 2013
I have two children that attend Desert Star. I love the friendly and warm atmosphere at the school and I believe it is a safe and nurturing environment for my children. Everyone is always friendly and helpful. I do wish they were offered more electives and that the class sizes were smaller, but overall, we have been very happy with Desert Star.

Posted October 10, 2013
I have two children that attend Desert Star and our experience has been very positive. The teachers work very well together and my children are receiving an excellent education. Both of my children love to read and that is because Desert Star has made it enjoyable for them.

Posted October 10, 2013
I have had all my 3 kids attend Desert Star and have always found the staff very helpful and outstanding. They go out of their way to make sure that my kids are cared for and are always checking in with me through emails, newsletters, phone calls as well as keeping their websites updated. I also love that I can check my kids grades on PowerSchool.

Posted October 09, 2013
My two kids have been attending Desert Star for over 6 years. They both have had wonderful teachers who take the time to get to know them on a personal level. As the travel through the grades I notice the amount of rigor increasing. It is obvious that the teachers and all the staff work hard to make this school a great place to learn and grow.

Posted October 08, 2013
My daughter LOVES Desert Star. She has an amazing teacher! The school maintains a strong focus on student achievement and offers many services for students. They have interventions during the day and after school. They also offer extracurricular clubs, sports, and activities. Parents are welcome to participate in many ways. The parent pick up runs smoothly now that it has been renovated.

Posted October 08, 2013
At Desert Star, we work very hard to help students achieve academic success, as well as support them in other aspects of their lives. We are very open to parent and community involvement, especially if there are changes you'd like to see. Many staff members are proud bring our children here as well. We love Desert Star and want to help every child be successful.

Posted October 08, 2013
My daughter has been in this school for two years and is now in 4th grade. Her teacher takes the time to understand my child's needs and keeps her challenged. The parent contact is consistent and I have found that any questions I have are answered quickly. The positive and supportive atmosphere is evident in my daughter's love to go to school.

Posted October 07, 2013
I have two children attending Desert Star currently, one elementary and one middle school. I have been very impressed with all the teachers - they are extremely caring and professional. They maintain an "open door" policy when it comes to parent questions or concerns. They are always looking for additional ways to support and challenge my children. The staff is very friendly and respectful. I know I can rest easy when I send my kids off to school each day - they enjoy the school very much. Thank you to all the staff at Desert Star who seem to constantly strive to do better for all the kids in their care. It really does seem like they believe that every child is a "kid at hope."

Desert Star
2131 South 157th Avenue, Goodyear, AZ  85338
Last modified Desert Star is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Star Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top