No rating

Phoenix Christian Elementary (West Campus)

Private | K-6 | 150 students

Student diversity

Living in Goodyear

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $124,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,100.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted April 4, 2011

My kids started at Trinity Lutheran as Preschoolers & Kinder. We had nothing but complaints after complaints about my son. I was starting to believe that my son is a trouble maker. Every day my son would come home with a letter of his "wrongdoings" (for example: he was loud --- he was 4 when he started there). Thank GOD that PCUS opened in the Goodyear. We moved our children to PCUS mid 1st grade and have never been so happy that we did! My so-called trouble maker son was excelling & he has outgrown his "loudness" and my daughter continues to be a straight A student. The teachers are not only professionals, they are also compassionate, very patient, and passionate about what they do. Our principal, Mr. Start, is the best! This school is a blessing for our family.

Posted September 18, 2010

The education my child received is far above that we experienced at the public school. Teachers are caring, dedicated, and experienced. The atmosphere is definitely Christian -- it shows at all levels, even among the students. Highly recommend.

Posted April 23, 2009

We pulled our child out of the school this past January, as did many others--and not due to financial reasons. For an early grade, our child was behind the Litchfield Public school system. We were shocked to have spent thousands of dollars on a Christian education and not to have received a superior education, let alone the lack of character that I believe the school should demonstrate.

Posted February 13, 2009

My daughter has attended here for both Kindergarten and 1st grade. She reads chapter books and has since last fall! The teachers are excellent and care about the kids - I think the review from Dec 08 is from a disgruntled person who quit working there. This staff is very professional and is there is a great sense of professionalism here that is not found in this size school elsewhere. They offer great specials teachers with art, music, computers, and PE. It is well worth the investment.

Posted December 30, 2008

The parents at this school (West Campus) have worked very hard to ensure the communication link is open between Parents, Teachers and the Adminastration, And of course, the kids are great! Unfortunately, leadership is lacking at this school and the teaching my child received was very uneven. Personal experience with some teaching staff was extremely unprofessional. A small school like this one doesn't afford much choice when teachers aren't meeting your child's need. And the principal and superintendent are doing very little to weed out those teachers who are just 'biding their time,' while they waste the precious time of the students they are trained professionally to serve and inspire.

Posted July 11, 2008

I pulled my daughter out of the horrendous public schools because she was failing and the teachers said she was simply lazy. PCU West was a life-saver and well worth the money. She went from reading at 7th grade level to reading 12th grade level in one year here. The principal LOVES the kids and parents, she knows everyone and kids always run up to her for hugs =) The curriculum is fantastic- solid in Christian teaching, and she was pushed academically without really knowing it. Class size is excellent and kept to under 20 kids so everyone gets one-on-one attention. Communication between teachers, administrators, and parents is excellent. My only complaint is how the billing and payments are handled- very chaotic and unorganized. Otherwise, we absolutely love PCU West and my 'lazy' kid is on the honor roll!

Posted June 27, 2008

My daughter has been attending this school for two years and i have never seen people who care more about children then at this school. The will do whatever they can to make sure that your child succeeds. I am completely confident that my daughter is getting the best education possible.

Posted June 23, 2008

This school is a great place for quality education and Christian teaching. The Staff is caring and tries to offer a balance between academics, and the arts. My daughter entered first grade reading minimally and leaped to a near fourth grade reading level by the end of the school year. Parent involvement is encouraged. The only downfall was the communication between the administration and the school which improved over the year but still leaves room for improvement. Besides that, everything was great.

14900 W Van Buren