Goodyear, AZ

Posted September 12, 2014
My daughter attended this school for three years, she was struggling in math and I signed her up for "tutoring", that was a joke. The teacher never helped her, it was almost a study hour or detention. She is now enrolled in another school & "A" rated district and at mid terms, has an A in four classes including, Math.

Copper Trails 4

Posted August 01, 2014
Meet the Teacher night 2014-15 was a success, I think. Last yeat, we definitely had to wait outside while the P and VP came down the line and greeted parents. That was probably a just a bad judgment call, as it was steaming out. This year, Ms. Ellis had a better set up; the line flow to go in the building was non stop, as she stood and held the door open to greet students and their families. Also, the class lists were posted in EVERY hallway, both up and downstairs, which made it convenient for parents and students. The only suggestion I would make is maybe moving the 'questions and concerns' parents had for the front office to the Gymnasium where there is more room and less congestion.

Posted July 31, 2014
Meet the teacher night as usual is a joke. Waiting outside in 108 degree weather & it all thanks to our principal who feels informing the students & parents ahead of time would cause her more parents wanting to switch classes. Instead we are forced to stand outside & wait. This school has so much room for improvement.

Copper Trails 5

Posted July 31, 2014
To respond to the just posted previous parent. The Meet The Teacher Night started at 5:30. If you get there early, you have to wait. Possibly the principal was letting the teachers put the finishing touches on their rooms to be ready for Meet The Teacher Night at 5:30. I have had many children go through the Avondale District and every year it has been the same. Nothing different was done by this principal.

Posted May 27, 2014
This school is VERY disappointing. This is the second year my family has attended the school. With the exception of a few phenomenal teachers, the focus is not in the interest of the child. I have heard teachers yell and speak very rude toward students. The principal is very unprofessional. The front office lacks better judgement and common sense and is very rude to parents. This school is very prison like and the children only see outdoors for ten minutes during the day, which is the only recess given in a 7 1/2 hour day. Their test scores are extremely low and they don't offer much to their gifted students. They have very poor special education support and it takes a long time to get results and answers. There is very little interest in productive fundraising that is not centered around fast food or processed foods. No recycling or sustainability. Poor communication. If it weren't for a specific exceptional teacher this year we would have changed schools. We don't plan on attending this school next year and would not recommend this school to anyone looking for a quality education for their children.

Posted May 21, 2014
My one daughter has been going to this school since the day they opened. We loved the school then, but over the years I feel it started dropping as most of the good teachers have left. Staff we enjoyed communicating with have also since left. I feel like they are quickly falling apart which is such a shame considering what a nice neighborhood the school is in. In regards to someone posting that it's like a prison...I completely disagree. I feel my children are safe at this school. I have taken my younger two out of this school and they now go to the charter school and are excelling! My 8th grader wanted to stay there and we chose to let her but halfway thru the year felt it was such a mistake! One of her teachers even got crazy with me for defending my daughter and was extremely rude right in front of my daughter. This teacher will talk on her phone in class and tell the kids stories about her family and then complain that she doesn't have enough time to teach the kids!!! I hate to say it, but there are so many better schools you can take your kids to. Please consider not taking them to Copper Trails. Get them a better education at Incito or anywhere else...

Posted April 05, 2014
We chose to move to Goodyear because Copper Trails wad an A rated school. My children went from private school to Copper Trails, and their education and growth has seen a major set back. The teachers don't have good attendance records, some teachers leave in the middle of the academic year, the school employs students to teach and hide this fact by having a different teacher of record listed for the room, etc. There is no structured curriculum. Teachers don't have a consistent style and the kids are not learning anything. And the school is so understaffed that it can't keep track of children and has to have combo classes where they mix students of different grades. The school administration is inexperienced. There isn't one positive quality that this school has. It's sad that parents do not have a choice in most cases and our kids must continue to attend the school.

Posted February 27, 2014
Copper Trails looks and feels like a prison. My children attend Copper Trails and this school is terrible. They have a new receptionist that is rude and unfriendly. The new principle dresses and speaks very unprofessional. The education program is not what it should be; my child has not learned anything as of yet and they claim to be following the common core standards. If you look at the AIMS score it is nothing to brag about. There is not much parent involvement in the school. I have been here a couple of years and I am so sad that I can't get my children out of this school fast enough. STAY AWAY and go to a school that actually teaches their students.

Copper Trails 5

Posted February 11, 2014
I am very pleased with the new principal and assistant principal. They seen to have turned the behaviors around! Great 6th grade team!

Posted September 21, 2013
We have a kindergartener at Copper Trails this year. So far Im not too impressed. The teacher seems not engaged and not very friendly. She appears to have a hard time communicating with parents. My daughter loved going to preschool and now it is a constant battle to get her going to school. I observe the teacher in the morning rarely greet the children in line and if she does she will greet specific kids and has yet to acknowledge mine or the end of the line since school has started. The lack of communication between myself and the teacher has me frustrated. Emails are rarely returned, she has yet to start to have parents volunteer in the class. When asked how my daughter is doing I get one sentence answers and I feel clueless of what really happens in the classroom. Do not think Ill return for my daughters 1st grade year.

Copper Trails
16875 West Canyon Trails Blvd., Goodyear, AZ  85338
Last modified Copper Trails is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copper Trails Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top