Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

this school might be fun for some people and awful for others.Its way to strict like yes i understand there is going to be rules but not being able to wear colorful nailpolish, or socks, not even bracelets In my opinion is a bit to much. Also the classes are very boring just writing notes every single day.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

some teachers at the school are awesome but most of them suck the fun out of learning

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

They give us way too much homework.

I love this school. I didn't think my local grade school was challenging my children enough, so I moved them to Trivium. It's a college prep school, so the curriculum is rigorous, but not ridiculous. I have never met a more caring, dedicated group of teachers and administrators at a school in my life. I can honestly say that I feel like they really want the kids not only to succeed, but to excel. Moving my kids here will probably be the best thing I have ever done for their education.

My son is in his 6th year at Trivium Prep. We have been happy with the curriculum and teachers for the last six years. Yes, the school is rigorous but the homework level has never been extreme. Over the years, we have seen kids transfer into the school who were struggling at their home school and the child's struggle is compounded when they arrive at Trivium. Parents send their children for social and not academic reasons and that is always a formula for failure. Great Hearts is a COLLEGE preparatory school. The curriculum is on the website and I would study it and think long and hard before making the commitment. I would also like to remind readers that Trivium is a charter school and it only receives .75 cents on the $1 from the state compared to your local home school. Again, all of this is clearly spelled out on the website.

Supports LD students: Agree

I know that the school has developed more programs for children who struggle with Dyslexia.

Supports LD students: Neutral

If you have a child that will miss a lot due to a health condition this school is not a good fit.

The headmaster at Trivium prep is very professional & I appreciate that. The deans need to be respectful towards the students. They are on a power trip, they belittle the students, a lot of times its in regards to the dress code. They lie & when confronted &/or are corrected & they will not apologize. Instead they harrass the students for telling the parents. I can't help but wonder if racism is an issue. On another note.... they do not talk about or allow pop-culture. So no Christmas concerts, you can't talk about current news, current movies or music.... Very strict dress code. Very strict on attendance & tardies. A lot of homework & rigorous curriculum. You can get behind very quickly if you dont understand something or if you miss a day. High turn over rate on teachers. They do not have a cafeteria. Between the uniforms, book deposits, supplies & books it can get a bit pricey. Specially if you have multiple children attending. If your child fails a class you have to pay to retake a class in the summer or find a college to retake the class which will still cost $. Your child will do nothing but homework after school. My children will end up falling asleep while doing homework very often because there is so much to do. They do get homework on the weekends as well. Like anywhere else I've seen staff & teachers to be cliquish, gossip & judge parents. So if you're a parent with tattoos & piercings get ready for the judgemental looks. While there are some amazing teachers at Trivium, all that I listed above is something you should think about before choosing this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some teachers are great & I appreciate their care for the students education.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I feel that there is just too much homework assigned.

Last modified Great Hearts Academies - Trivium Prep is a Charter school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.