Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 19, 2016
I would like to say "Thank You" to Mrs. Johnson. Without her my son would have fell through the cracks and grew to hate school. She gave him the love of education and courage to persevere. She goes above and beyond the call of a teacher. Mrs. Johnson has the bar high for every teacher he has in the future, that I'm not sure will ever be met. If you are fortunate enough to have Mrs. Johnson your child will not feel like a student they will feel like her child. Thank You Mrs. Johnson for passing your love of education on.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 19, 2016
The 2nd grade teachers seem to think that they are teaching 5th grade military students. Heaven forbid your child forgets to have an item signed and brought back, then they will lose a so called reward. I just don't understand the positive side of letting a child stress all week about a color behavior chart or a free playtime at the end of the week. Don't expect hardly any communication. This has been the worst year.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 19, 2016
Thank you to Mr. Hegedus for bringing the classroom to life and bringing out my son's enthusiasm to learn. We really appreciate you!

Posted April 19, 2016
We love EMES! The teachers and staff are so dedicated and keep my children engaged to learn and succeed in a very caring environment.

Posted February 19, 2016
I am impressed with the teachers, low ratio and outstanding communication between teachers and parents. My son loves going there.

Posted January 23, 2015
Are you currently looking for a school for your child(ren) for the next school year? If so, come check out what Estrella Mountain Elementary School has to offer! On February 5, 2015 from 4:30-6:30, you can come tour the campus, talk to staff, and watch modeled math lessons from the teachers. If you are a parent of a future kindergarten student, this is also a great time to complete a registration packet and visit with the kinder teachers in their classrooms. We can't wait to see you at our Showcase/Kinder Round-up Night!

Posted October 02, 2014
As we are moving and as I sit here lookng for schools comparable to Estrella Mountain, I decided Hey! Let me write my review. My son started at Estrella Mountain May 2013. He started the last 2 weeks of his 1st grade school year and those two weeks were very impressionable. For me, test scores are important as well as the atmosphere and student comradery. My son continued for his entire 2nd grade year and is currently on his third grade. My daughter started this year as well in Kinder. I absolutely love this school. I feel safe when I leave my child there knowing that they will call me with the simplest of things, like, we are just double checking if they are riding the bus or getting picked up. The staff is very kind and the kids are great. I have no worries about is my child be bullied and is my child receiving the best education. I am a truly happy mom and question myself why am I moving?..(because we are military lol)

Estrella Mountain Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2014
I did not have a good experience with Estrella Mountain Elementry. The principal and staff seem to not care about students who have a difficult time fitting in their mold. Communication was a daily struggle with teachers. My son had learning disabilities which made it difficult but instead of working with him, they would constantly send him home. They made him feel unwelcome and unwanted. The curriculum is challenging which is good but unrealistic at times. As a parent, I find it a little ridiculous not being able to help a 3rd grader with their homework, I even have a college degree. The Baccalaureate award is all they seem to be concerned about and if your student doesn't fit the mold, watch out! It also seems that most of the reviews are written by the principle and staff instead of parents giving a real opinion. My son currently attends West Star were we found a better fit for his learning and personality.

Estrella Mountain Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2014
Highly disappointed with EMES. This school puts an extreme amount of pressure on their students. My child is expected to be perfect and to remember every little thing that she is told. If she misses one thing she is punished through the teachers "reward" system. Anyone who has a seven year old knows that no one is perfect. What a way to teach children to love school. My child comes home at least three days a week so upset because she feels that she is a failure because she can not meet her teachers expectations. I thought we found a great school but I was very wrong. Even when we have asked to see the principal, she is always too busy and we are treated as though we are not important enough to be seen. The only children that are treated equally are those whose parents are highly involved within the school. Needless to say we will be looking for a new school and advise anyone who is considering this school to keep on looking elsewhere.

Estrella Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2014
My children have been attending this school for 2 years now. We love it! The teachers are wonderful and very good at addressing concerns. I don't agree with the previous post about minority children. My children are of minority and they are treated VERY well. However, I do have some complaints. Academically my children are struggling more since the IB has been set in motion. I think my kids struggle more trying to get the projects done. It's too much . It's stressful for the kids as well as the parents. It's very time consuming. It seems there is less focus on Math and more focus on projects. My daughter struggles in math and has never had difficulty before. My husband, who is very good in math, has to Google how to complete a math problem to help her. This has just been my experience anyway. I think the projects that are assigned are too hard for their age level. They require a lot of parental assistance.

10301 S San Miguel, Goodyear, AZ  85338
Last modified Estrella Mountain Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.