Posted December 16, 2014
Estrella Mountain Elementary School strives for academic success for all students, as well as a balanced curriculum. As principal, I am always here to listen to concerns as it relates to students. I welcome the chance to meet with parents to talk about concerns that might arise. Sometimes my schedule does get full, so scheduling an appointment is always recommended. The front office staff strives to provide the best customer service, and that includes providing parents the best way to communicate with any staff member. Please visit our Face Book page for information on the great activities that are taking place at our "World Class" school.

Posted October 02, 2014
As we are moving and as I sit here lookng for schools comparable to Estrella Mountain, I decided Hey! Let me write my review. My son started at Estrella Mountain May 2013. He started the last 2 weeks of his 1st grade school year and those two weeks were very impressionable. For me, test scores are important as well as the atmosphere and student comradery. My son continued for his entire 2nd grade year and is currently on his third grade. My daughter started this year as well in Kinder. I absolutely love this school. I feel safe when I leave my child there knowing that they will call me with the simplest of things, like, we are just double checking if they are riding the bus or getting picked up. The staff is very kind and the kids are great. I have no worries about is my child be bullied and is my child receiving the best education. I am a truly happy mom and question myself why am I moving?..(because we are military lol)

Posted October 01, 2014
I did not have a good experience with Estrella Mountain Elementry. The principal and staff seem to not care about students who have a difficult time fitting in their mold. Communication was a daily struggle with teachers. My son had learning disabilities which made it difficult but instead of working with him, they would constantly send him home. They made him feel unwelcome and unwanted. The curriculum is challenging which is good but unrealistic at times. As a parent, I find it a little ridiculous not being able to help a 3rd grader with their homework, I even have a college degree. The Baccalaureate award is all they seem to be concerned about and if your student doesn't fit the mold, watch out! It also seems that most of the reviews are written by the principle and staff instead of parents giving a real opinion. My son currently attends West Star were we found a better fit for his learning and personality.

Posted September 05, 2014
Highly disappointed with EMES. This school puts an extreme amount of pressure on their students. My child is expected to be perfect and to remember every little thing that she is told. If she misses one thing she is punished through the teachers "reward" system. Anyone who has a seven year old knows that no one is perfect. What a way to teach children to love school. My child comes home at least three days a week so upset because she feels that she is a failure because she can not meet her teachers expectations. I thought we found a great school but I was very wrong. Even when we have asked to see the principal, she is always too busy and we are treated as though we are not important enough to be seen. The only children that are treated equally are those whose parents are highly involved within the school. Needless to say we will be looking for a new school and advise anyone who is considering this school to keep on looking elsewhere.

Estrella Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2014
My children have been attending this school for 2 years now. We love it! The teachers are wonderful and very good at addressing concerns. I don't agree with the previous post about minority children. My children are of minority and they are treated VERY well. However, I do have some complaints. Academically my children are struggling more since the IB has been set in motion. I think my kids struggle more trying to get the projects done. It's too much . It's stressful for the kids as well as the parents. It's very time consuming. It seems there is less focus on Math and more focus on projects. My daughter struggles in math and has never had difficulty before. My husband, who is very good in math, has to Google how to complete a math problem to help her. This has just been my experience anyway. I think the projects that are assigned are too hard for their age level. They require a lot of parental assistance.

Posted April 09, 2014
I was hoping that this was not the case, but I tend to agree with the parent in regards to the treatment a child of a minority gets. I feel that the teachers, as well as the principal do not tend to care about my daughter's success at this school. When she is struggling, I have to do most of the correspondence. Not once, did any of her teachers reach out to me to discuss academic concerns in regards to her. When conferences were held, it was 98% my daughter's fault at to why she was not performing well, which I find to be absolutely degrading to her as a student. It is the responsibility of the teacher and staff to make sure she has what she needs to succeed. This is to include homework and assignment information, which as a 36 y/o physician, I have a hard time understanding. Again, this is only if she receives instructions. I am very disappointed, not only with the lack of teacher concern but no improvements or realistic suggestions as to how we can help her. Obviously, this does not happen with all of the children, which causes even more pause for me as the parent of a minority child. Very frustrated

Estrella Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted March 03, 2014
Estrella Mountain Elementary is dedicated to the growth of its staff and students. Our Principal works hard to recognize our strengths and weaknesses while supporting us to grow in our profession. We have strong grade level teacher collaboration and across the grade level team work. Our students are stepping up to the plate to meet the demands of the Common Core curriculum as well as learning and living the expectations and rigor of being an International Baccalaureate student. Our parents and community members show their support daily through PTO, coaching extra-curricular activities, volunteering in classrooms, the office, and around the campus. Our campus is a place where families, staff, and students should be honored to call their school.

Posted February 28, 2014
My school is dedicated to student achievement. Our vision has led us to the path of becoming an International Baccalaureate school, where we strive to "develop global citizens of good character who excel academically and socially to meet the challenges of a dynamic world by educators in a supportive environment that values varied perspective." I look forward to every day!

Posted February 28, 2014
I love the students, staff and parents. Everyone is kind, supportive and respectful. Best school I have worked at!

Posted February 17, 2014
We LOVE EMES! Deeply academically focused with it's International Baccalaureate program. Family friendly - we are all welcome! Problem solving on a team level - from the principal, to the teachers & coaches! Super well rounded - strong academics, great extra curriculars, and sports!

Estrella Mountain Elementary School
10301 S San Miguel, Goodyear, AZ  85338
Last modified Estrella Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Estrella Mountain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top