Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Millennium High School 5

Posted June 15, 2016
My daughter was on a 504 plan and we constantly kept in contact with the school. Most specifically, her guidance counselor who was fantastic. I felt like the teachers really cared about her health and wellbeing. There were a handful of teachers that were not cooperative but, that is expected at any school. I think the key to any students success is to take advantage of the help that is out there i.e., counsellors, school psychologists, and IEP's and 504 plans if your student is struggling. Your students guidance counselor can give you more information on those subjects. Develop a relationship with them, both student and parents. They are there to help and all of those that we have come in contact with at millennium are compassionate about there students. Your guidance counselor stays with you all four years at millennium and is a Godsend when your student is struggling. They act as a liaison between you, your child, and their teachers. Thank you Mr. Oliphant!

Millennium High School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted June 15, 2016
Eric Oliphant is a fantastic counselor. His deep caring and compassion for my student allowed her to excell at this school. Every time we ran into an issue he made the time to see us even though he is clearly a busy man, and we worked together to come up with a reasonable solution. We developed a wonderful relationship with him over the course of my students four years at Mellennium. My student was college ready at the end of those four years and continues to be successful to this day. We felt she received a great education and a great start for college in part because of Mr Oliphant. Thank you!

Posted May 22, 2016
If your child is in an IEP program, this school does NOTHING to assist in the development of the child. And yes, just because their sex organs start working does NOT mean that they are ADULTS and should be treated as adults. They ARE CHILDREN!! This school responds with "Look at the ParentVue" whenever you call to voice your concern about child not doing homework, etc… Yes, we look at the ParentVue every single day and not once do we get communication about how poorly our emotionally unstable child is doing in all classes. As a parent, you bring up the missing work, print out and show your child exactly what you see on ParentVue and child responds with, “Oh I did it already”, or “Oh I don’t have the materials here, they’re in class.” And what is the story with the "voluntary meeting" with the Special Ed Resources counselor? My child has been skipping out on meeting with this teacher/counselor all year long. This is a very difficult age, more so for the child who already has emotional/mental health issues, but to be expected that the child ask for help when falling behind, and add the expectation that the child willingly go to The Special Ed area when all the child wants is to be "normal" like everyone else is counterintuitive to emotional development. My child has been permitted by this school to participate in after school video game club, art clubs, etc... WITH failing grades. How can this school permit a child to participate in these clubs with anything less than a C average? If you could be more firm with these CHILDREN with school related issues and expectations, (such as not allowing child to participate in afterschool clubs with low grades or missing work) then it would be easier for us as parents to deal with all of the other age related issues, and you would ultimately have much better students. This child is already in an IEP program, why on earth is the child not receiving an individualized education? Therefore, if you have a child with Mental Health issues and you want your child to FAIL, this is the right school for you. Thus far, I'm on my second teenager with Mental Health issues (due to abuse/neglect from a biological parent in early years), and both have succeeded in FAILURE at this overcrowded, under-disciplined school.

Millennium High School 3

Posted December 02, 2013
The school has great activities for kids to be involved in. Teacher practices are very fragmented with no set philosophy for homework, tests, and projects. Class sizes are very large and most difficult for advanced students. Teachers continually give students problems they have never been taught to bring rigor to the curriculum. Very few students continue in AP classes and fewer take the test. The IB program is a joke with only a handful of students selecting the program. The school should be an A rated school, but is barely a B.

Millennium High School 4

Posted August 31, 2013
We enjoy Millennium HS. My son is involved in a variety of after school activities, and enjoys the teacher involvement. He takes AP classes and we look forward to our younger children attending MHS.

Posted May 23, 2013
the classes are a very weak, and the learning environment could definitely be better. some teachers don't even teach until the last 2 weeks of school, when they start stressing about final exam grades. teachers rarely offer opportunities for advancement in the classroom, and the tutoring is a joke. I mean, there are some classes that are good and some teachers that genuinely care, but honestly? everything is mostly busy work and doesn't challenge students at all. most students lose interest and focus in school and let their grades derail. however, I do love millennium, and the social environment is exciting (since it's overcrowded, you meet many new people:) but there is a definite lack of leadership, teacher involvement, and stimulating classes.

Posted July 11, 2012
My son attended MHS his freshmen year. Overcrowding is ridiculous. In his Honors English class... there were not even enough seats for everyone. I know when I read about their test scores, I was excited.. Those are not the new test scores coming out however. My son wrestled for them this year and we saw that they pay more attention to the "popular" sports than anything else. I emailed and called teachers until I was blue in the face with no response. My son has a B average, so he is not a failing student, but definitely was not pushed or encouraged to go further. I was extremely excited for him to go here and to say the least, I am extremely disappointed. He will be attending AAEC next year so he can get class sizes that are appropriate and the attention teachers are supposed to give to their students. Do yourself a favor and don't trust the "excelling" label..... look around. Even Agua Fria would have been better than this.

Posted June 03, 2012
I am very disappointed in the school. I did a lot of research before buying a home in this district. I was very happy with the middle school and have had nothing but problems since my daughter started the high school. Unless your student is actively involved, which is wonderful, your student will very easily fall between the cracks. The teachers and administrators have very little focus on the other 85% of the students that don't fall into that group. It is very easy for your child to get lost in this school if they have a quiet demeener and are not extroverted. Very unfortunate, I am now actively looking for a charter school in the area so that my child no longer gets lost in the crowd and gets her fair shot at a good education.

Posted November 08, 2011
i am a parent, and i am very disappointed in the way the school administration and some teachers handle "bullying" we (parents) get a briefing on what the school does to prevent or handle bullying on campus, well here is the problem, my son has been a victim of bullying and we have made several attempts to contact the principal and vice principal and all we get is voice mails, and no response back, it is a shame that even teachers (some) do not do anything about it and even when it is happening infront of their faces. what a shame....

Posted May 15, 2011
I am a junior at Millennium, and it has gone downhill every year since I've been here. I joined the IB program to hopefully get a leg up on my education and even that is going downhill. The teachers are horrible, the school is horrible. The good teachers are quitting and the overcrowding in unbelievable. If I could switch schools, I would. Don't come to this school- it would be a horrible mistake.

Millennium High School
14802 West Wigwam Blvd, Goodyear, AZ  85395
Last modified Millennium High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.