Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

In all my child's years of education have I ever came across a more disorganized and disrespectful school. When I set out to enroll my child, it was virtually impossible due to their summer hours and no one was willing to assist. During the short time that my child was enrolled, there was nothing but problems. I met with a substitute teacher due to him being "accused" by my son of getting in his face. I met with him with an open mind and this so called educator, literally began yelling at me as if I were a child. At that point I knew that my som was telling the truth. Not sure what was done to him but he is no longer there. Second incident was a teacher making my son sit on THE FLOOR next to her desk like a dog because he walked on some signage which is against the "tradition" not rule of the school. All emails were ignored by Adminiatrators. She finally answered me back to set an appointment but the day of called off and never returned to the school due to "health issues." Third, I got an email concerning my son's lack of motivation. I responded by telling the teacher that his lack of motivation is a result of being told at the beginning that the class in which he was in was a review of 8th grade and his refusal to assist my son when he asks questions by stating that he "should already know it" in a sarcastic tone. This teacher responded by saying that my son "needs to learn how to deal with sarcastic people." We literally went back and forth over 5 times with my main question being "what do you recommend for my son to do to succeed in your class?" Never a response to this question to date... Subconsquently, my son got his very first F. Additionally, this same teacher lied on the Principal stating that I conversation with him about my son's "past behavior issues" in which 1 he never had any behavior issues and 2 the conversation never occurred which was confirmed by the principal. A blatant lie. Fourth, it was virtually impossible to get a counselor to assist. My son was told to make an an appointment which is fine BUT I suppose IF he were suicidal at any point, he'd be dead by now. Lastly, this school posts when they are open and closed but looks at you as if you're disturbing them when you walk in. The "office hours" don't include registration or enrollment. The secretaries in the main office are condesending and rude. DON'T DO IT!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My son attempted to reach out to a counselor but was always told to make an appointment.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My son was told that he should know the material already... NO assistance was offered either by his or my request.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

When there's an issue, the wipe it under the rug.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Only one teacher that truly seemed to care.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Everything is on the Chromebook. No books...

Great high school and students are involved in the community. I have witnessed students at various cafes/coffee shops around town and they have been nothing but respectful and even helpful.

My daughter was on a 504 plan and we constantly kept in contact with the school. Most specifically, her guidance counselor who was fantastic. I felt like the teachers really cared about her health and wellbeing. There were a handful of teachers that were not cooperative but, that is expected at any school. I think the key to any students success is to take advantage of the help that is out there i.e., counsellors, school psychologists, and IEP's and 504 plans if your student is struggling. Your students guidance counselor can give you more information on those subjects. Develop a relationship with them, both student and parents. They are there to help and all of those that we have come in contact with at millennium are compassionate about there students. Your guidance counselor stays with you all four years at millennium and is a Godsend when your student is struggling. They act as a liaison between you, your child, and their teachers. Thank you Mr. Oliphant!

If your child is in an IEP program, this school does NOTHING to assist in the development of the child. And yes, just because their sex organs start working does NOT mean that they are ADULTS and should be treated as adults. They ARE CHILDREN!! This school responds with "Look at the ParentVue" whenever you call to voice your concern about child not doing homework, etc… Yes, we look at the ParentVue every single day and not once do we get communication about how poorly our emotionally unstable child is doing in all classes. As a parent, you bring up the missing work, print out and show your child exactly what you see on ParentVue and child responds with, “Oh I did it already”, or “Oh I don’t have the materials here, they’re in class.” And what is the story with the "voluntary meeting" with the Special Ed Resources counselor? My child has been skipping out on meeting with this teacher/counselor all year long. This is a very difficult age, more so for the child who already has emotional/mental health issues, but to be expected that the child ask for help when falling behind, and add the expectation that the child willingly go to The Special Ed area when all the child wants is to be "normal" like everyone else is counterintuitive to emotional development. My child has been permitted by this school to participate in after school video game club, art clubs, etc... WITH failing grades. How can this school permit a child to participate in these clubs with anything less than a C average? If you could be more firm with these CHILDREN with school related issues and expectations, (such as not allowing child to participate in afterschool clubs with low grades or missing work) then it would be easier for us as parents to deal with all of the other age related issues, and you would ultimately have much better students. This child is already in an IEP program, why on earth is the child not receiving an individualized education? Therefore, if you have a child with Mental Health issues and you want your child to FAIL, this is the right school for you. Thus far, I'm on my second teenager with Mental Health issues (due to abuse/neglect from a biological parent in early years), and both have succeeded in FAILURE at this overcrowded, under-disciplined school.

The school has great activities for kids to be involved in. Teacher practices are very fragmented with no set philosophy for homework, tests, and projects. Class sizes are very large and most difficult for advanced students. Teachers continually give students problems they have never been taught to bring rigor to the curriculum. Very few students continue in AP classes and fewer take the test. The IB program is a joke with only a handful of students selecting the program. The school should be an A rated school, but is barely a B.

Last modified Millennium High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.